Anime recommendations: Part 2

SteveThaiBinh

Man. I wish I had a cool girlfriend to watch anime with. It's not been popular with any girl I've ever been out with... except Carolyn. Sweet Carolyn.

Saw the first ep. of Welcome to the NHK. I like!

Edited by Tel Aviv

Heh, my girlfriend was the one who got me into anime in the first place.

Her: - "Wanna watch an animated series called 'Hellsing'?"

Me: -"Uh, what's that all about?"

Her: -"Vampires and those who hunt them, rated adult for gore though, but the story seems interesting"

Me: -"Sure, why not?"

And the rest is history.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Whoa now, she initiated? You've gotta lock that down, shugger.

I recommend NHK BTW. The best I've seen since Planetes. S'got me in the mood for something substantial though, as opposed to giant mecha buggery or some ****. Any suggestions?

Watch Beck:Mongolian Chop Squad and Texhnolyze!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

in spite of the fact that you folks were no help at all, Gromnir has managed to finalize our menu of punishments.

xxxholic seasons 1 & 2

macross frontier

amatasuki

soul eater

considered nabari no ou 'cause it is 'posed to be non-stop action and Gromnir could laregly ignore lack of meaningful story, but am not a fan of ninjas... and the notion o' metrosexual ninjas don't increase our interest whatsoever. tower of druaga were a possibility but amatasuki seems to fill the same kinda fantasy niche. allison & lillia, kure nai, and golgo 13 were the other three we considered, but golgo seemed like it were a bit over-the top with the sex and violence and the other two were... dunno, but is sometimes difficult to choose the leer of evils.

anybody wants feedbacks on the above, let us know and we can post reviews.

*shrug*

btw, the ultra competitive lesbian lawyer to whom we lost the bet... she had to wear a dress to firm's christmas party as she lost our previous bet. personally, we thinks Gromnir is getting off easy.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Macross Frontier is the awesome.

Watching it gives me a strong sense of nostalgia of the old macross. Especially so when the tribute made to the Miss Macross scene where Ranka sang the song "my boyfriend is a pilot" with awesome dogfight in the background.

Episode 5 has got to be my favourite episode so far despite lacking any combat scenes. It pretty much shows how much the zentradi progressed ever since they had been exposed to culture. The building up of the love triangle and Ranka's new song just creamed my pants.

Edited by Zoma

did bleach just randomly drop the whole hacendo mundo storyline in favor of another one for 169 or am I dreaming things?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

in spite of the fact that you folks were no help at all, Gromnir has managed to finalize our menu of punishments.

xxxholic seasons 1 & 2

macross frontier

amatasuki

soul eater

considered nabari no ou 'cause it is 'posed to be non-stop action and Gromnir could laregly ignore lack of meaningful story, but am not a fan of ninjas... and the notion o' metrosexual ninjas don't increase our interest whatsoever. tower of druaga were a possibility but amatasuki seems to fill the same kinda fantasy niche. allison & lillia, kure nai, and golgo 13 were the other three we considered, but golgo seemed like it were a bit over-the top with the sex and violence and the other two were... dunno, but is sometimes difficult to choose the leer of evils.

anybody wants feedbacks on the above, let us know and we can post reviews.

*shrug*

btw, the ultra competitive lesbian lawyer to whom we lost the bet... she had to wear a dress to firm's christmas party as she lost our previous bet. personally, we thinks Gromnir is getting off easy.

HA! Good Fun!

I would thoroughly enjoy reviews from you gromnir and anyone else on the new season of shows out and if anyone has seen last season as well. I've been pretty out of the loop not having seen anything for the past 6 months or so.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

did bleach just randomly drop the whole hacendo mundo storyline in favor of another one for 169 or am I dreaming things?

Say "Hello" to another filler story line! Woo!

I watched Hack Sign and it was bit too slow paced to me and there were some other stuff too that I didn

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Can someone explain Ergo Proxy to me, I'm a bit dense. What's the deal with

Ergo Proxy and Proxy One? How is Vincent able to survive as Ergo Proxy despite the blue sky ****?

It's strange. I've managed to really enjoy this anime without fully understanding it. It's Donnie Darko all over again.

Edited by Tel Aviv

Don't worry Tel I too didn't understand much either and I had to read a ton about the show after it ended. But anyways:

There exist 300 Proxies, and it is stated in the series that the Proxies created the domes, one dome per Proxy.[10] The Proxies were made by the "Creators" in what was known as the "Proxy Project", for the purpose of regenerating human life after the Earth's surface was ravaged by the cascading release of methane hydrate, a possible alternative energy source to petroleum and nuclear energy.[11] Within the domes, it seems as if a Proxy's presence is necessary both to power an electromagnetic "shield" which protects the dome, but also for the life-giving WombSys to work. Raul claims that humanity needs to "change into beings who have no need for gods";[12] it is possible he is referring to Proxies. It is also stated that Monad Proxy was abducted from the Mosque Dome by Romdo during Romdo's invasion. Each Proxy is also an "Agent": it is stated that Kazkis Proxy is the Agent of Brilliance.[13] Senex Proxy is the Agent of Moonlight and Ergo Proxy is the Agent of Death. Ergo Proxy is also Proxy One. Interestingly, Kazkis Proxy states that he, like Vincent Law, was haunted by his Proxy alter-ego,[14] suggesting that Proxies might have originally been created in man's image. Lastly: Amrita Cells are intended to die with the coming of blue sky (it is possible that they are fatally susceptible to sunlight), but somehow, through his defeat of the immortal Ergo Proxy, Vincent was able to survive as a Proxy despite the coming of the sun, disregarding the Pulse of Awakening. In Episode 23, Ergo Proxy is quoted as saying that the Pulse of Awakening begins with internal changes,[15] suggesting that before the Pulse of Awakening, Proxies are NOT vulnerable to sunlight. If this is in fact the case, and if Ergo Proxy's words on greeting Vincent Law following his decision to leave Monad II in the skies above Romdo are true (that Vincent somehow disregarded the Pulse of Awakening), the implication is that Vincent survived as Ergo Proxy because he managed to return to the original state in which Proxies are not vulnerable to sunlight. This may be due to the fact that Proxy One created Vincent before the Pulse of Awakening Project started. It is unclear as to whether he intends to support or oppose humanity as it rises from the ashes: he mentions that he intends to face the future with Re-l and Pino, implying that he will somehow cut the arriving humans out of the equation, "punishing the Creators" in accordance with the wishes of Ergo Proxy.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

lol wikipedia. In a nutshell, Vincent was created before the weakness struck into other of his kind. And the Amrite cells are highly adaptable.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Just a note: If some of you are not watching Amatsuki yet, they should. It's shaping up nicely and the fantasy play on Bakumatsu era is just great. There are echoes of Juuni Kokki and Irohanihoheto there, but I'm getting a strong Seirei no Moribito feel as well, although the themes could hardly be more dissimilar.

kirottu said:

Seirei no moribito was boring and fail.

Seirei no Moribito was hardly boring and anything but fail. It tried to adapt a novel about being a parent into an anime that also had amazing action scenes and great characters and succeeded fairly well, only falling short when it came to some character relationships. The fact that it did not deliver on fanservice and didn't rely on visual fireworks to constantly keep anyone with an attentionspan of a muskrat od'ing on china white on the edge of their chair is a testament to the maturity of the show. It also is a testament to just how much you fail when it comes to taste. You and your Kanokon.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Seirei no Moribito was hardly boring and anything but fail. It tried to adapt a novel about being a parent into an anime that also had amazing action scenes and great characters and succeeded fairly well, only falling short when it came to some character relationships. The fact that it did not deliver on fanservice and didn't rely on visual fireworks to constantly keep anyone with an attentionspan of a muskrat od'ing on china white on the edge of their chair is a testament to the maturity of the show. It also is a testament to just how much you fail when it comes to taste. You and your Kanokon.

Too far muso, too far. :thumbsup:(

waht?

kirottu said:

Can someone explain Ergo Proxy to me, I'm a bit dense. What's the deal with

Ergo Proxy and Proxy One? How is Vincent able to survive as Ergo Proxy despite the blue sky ****?

It's strange. I've managed to really enjoy this anime without fully understanding it. It's Donnie Darko all over again.

why I'm surprised I see comment like this coming from person who couldn't see awesomeness of evangelion :*

Sorry, couldn't help myself :thumbsup:

I still haven't watched Gurren-Lagann though :(

Somewhat related, you should see

, it's beyond awesome

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Just a note: If some of you are not watching Amatsuki yet, they should. It's shaping up nicely and the fantasy play on Bakumatsu era is just great. There are echoes of Juuni Kokki and Irohanihoheto there, but I'm getting a strong Seirei no Moribito feel as well, although the themes could hardly be more dissimilar.

You had me at Juuni Kokki. :thumbsup:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I still haven't watched Gurren-Lagann though ;(

Do it already. No other series actually celebrates heroism, over-the-top action and homo-erotisism.

It's not great or magnificent. It is epochal. It's positivism incarnate.

"The heavens are not the limit! I pierce through them!"

Oh, and i definately need to watch amatsuki. Anything resembling Juuni Kokuki is an instant win for me.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ugh, just don't expect it to be as epic as Juuni. I don't want to do a strict comparison yet, since the series has just begun. Yet, there's definetly similarities.

kirottu said:

Even without seeing it I'm quite sure GN will be most EPIC show I've ever seen :p

I'll be making some lenghty reviews later today or tomorrow. If I don't have anything better to do that is... well, we shall see

Also, it's not like I'm not 2 years late, but Caramelldansen is awsum

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I just purchased 5 seasons of Dragonball Z from Amazon.com for $133. They're having a spring sale on TV shows. They are listing all but season 5 as 50% off, with 5 being 25% off. Of course, this is all the Funimation redub, so I have no idea what it's going to sound like. I'm probably more familiar with the Ocean dub.

Season 1: 925 minutes

Season 2: 835 minutes

Season 3: 830 minutes

Season 4: 735 minutes

Season 5: 615 minutes

Grand total: 3940 minutes

And is up to episode 165.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I know that like 2/3rd of that is just going to be characters staring at each other and glowing yellow, but that's insane.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just purchased 5 seasons of Dragonball Z from Amazon.com for $133. They're having a spring sale on TV shows. They are listing all but season 5 as 50% off, with 5 being 25% off. Of course, this is all the Funimation redub, so I have no idea what it's going to sound like. I'm probably more familiar with the Ocean dub.

Season 1: 925 minutes

Season 2: 835 minutes

Season 3: 830 minutes

Season 4: 735 minutes

Season 5: 615 minutes

Grand total: 3940 minutes

And is up to episode 165.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I know that like 2/3rd of that is just going to be characters staring at each other and glowing yellow, but that's insane.

I thought you were an intelligent and handsome young man Tale. You've disappointed me greatly. :'(