New GTA 4 trailer

theslug

I lost interest in the GTA series back with 3-2.

If I'm dying to go on a rampage killing hookers, I've still got 3, don't need to buy 4.

Vice City is the best one :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I liked San Andreas the most as well. It's only game where I've killed a mob boss with a bicycle.

Well, the first 2d GTA still has that odd shine as well.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If I'm dying to go on a rampage killing hookers, I've still got 3, don't need to buy 4.

That's 3-2. Bored me too much. I preferred regular 3.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That's 3-2. Bored me too much. I preferred regular 3.

Clearly you either didn't live through the 80's, or you are in denial about what an awesome decade it really was. Flock of Seagulls FTW!

Plus OGLoc was about the funniest thing in the entire series.

"Oooo-eee-ooo, Oooogeee Loc with da bangers an da bitches....uh....in da house!"

After you steal the rhyme book an' see his pitch, I couldn't stop laughing so hard. Even when those idiots storm your place and you have to down a damned helicopter from the motel onwards - I was giggling. Same goes for the chase scene with OG and you on a motorcycle after the latino bosom buddy of his. :devil:

Hah, but I' currently more interested, crime game-wise, on what Illusion Softworks is doing. Also, http://www.kaneandlynch.com/

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Yeah SA is gold too. I never really liked third one. Liberty city = meh

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

. Same goes for the chase scene with OG and you on a motorcycle after the latino bosom buddy of his. :thumbsup:

that was my favorite part of San Andreas

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It's pity you couldn't use same parachute twice. First jumping from plane to some skyscraper, sniping people and then hover down to the surface :thumbsup:

Edited by Xard

I was turned off by SA's ethnic storyline. (personally I don't like playing a boy in da hood, I prefer a button man)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Calax just doesn't care about black ppl. However, I will be glad to return to a more mafia/organized crime styled setting in gta 4. And OG lock was pretty cool, working at a fast food restruant rofl. What a g.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Calax just doesn't care about black ppl. However, I will be glad to return to a more mafia/organized crime styled setting in gta 4. And OG lock was pretty cool, working at a fast food restruant rofl. What a g.

eh... not so much don't care about, as can't connect with... I mean I'm a guy who's whiter than sour creme, I stay on my computer all the time, I've never even been NEAR a "ghetto", I don't listen to rap, and don't call my friends "bro" or "brotha" or anything of that sort. Essentially I can't say I've ever been anywhere near a situation where I'd be forced to fight for my ethnic group's street gang in order to keep all sorts of people off my back.

The thing about being the button man is that the role was so undefined that it really could be anyone, CJ and his group was designed to cash in on the fact that every white kid who's between the ages of 14 and 20 at the time was idolizing what they thought was black culture. And what better way to cash in than to make the little white kid who idolizes black "gangstas" than by having them play one?

I like "hijinx" more, but good effort.

San Andreas really doesn't have much of a ghetto vibe after you stop with the gang wars due to plot developments and that is really, like Pop wrote, about the first fourth or fifth of the game. Heck, after that there's a long while when you don't even visit a city and instead acquient youself with the freaking backwoods and countryside. I thought it was a very varied game themewise and there was plenty of GTA 3 style action and hijinx later.

To not sound exactly like a cheap Popclone, Calax you should play the damn thing through. Unlike you, I did have some interest for the then-supposed ghetto mayhem, but was actually pleasantly suprised when there was very little of that. I was sort of expecting a parody, but while there's plenty of that as well, overall it is a pretty dark game.

kirottu said:

I've played it to the point where I'm doing missions to save my brother in the pen but I can't shake the feeling that most of the details about the game are Grove Street related (tatts, graffiki...) I'd also like it better if there was something other than talk shows to listen to if your not into rap.

I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, its just that it seems to be directly oriented at grabbing kids who want to be ghetto and keeping them there for a long long time. (admittedly the talk show channel is funny as hell)

KDUST has some pretty good classic rock, and unless you're playing on a PS2 or a 360 it's not terribly difficult to program your own station.

... PS2.

I've always found the complaints about the "ghetto" or "gangsta" odd because I never thought there was a really big focus of the game. Then again while I'm not into it I'm also not fussed about it, so maybe it just doesn't stand out to me. I also found CJ a rather likable character.

As for the radio stations, I like the selection on the classic rock and the alternative stations, as well as a few others.

PS3 and 360. If the rumors are true, the 360 version will be the optimal one, considering the amount of money ($50 mil) Microsoft put into exclusive content deals. Not sure about PC, but given the series' history it's a safe bet it'll come out eventually.

According to the writeup in Game Informer the 360 version will be getting new episodic content regularly.

If they don't release the same content on PC via Games for Windows Live (same as Xbox Live, including paying for a bunch of stuff PC gamers have been getting for free, f***ers) I may find myself having to buy the Xbox 360 version.

Which sucks because I hate the GTA controls without my mouse. :brows:

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Last i've heard, PC and PS3 will get the same extra-content later as an addon. What MS purchased was just the rights for a time exclusive.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is that 50 million official? It sounds like a bit much. Couldn't that amount of money be enough to secure the actual game as an exclusive? Or if Take2 was really asking for that much or more, they could have spent it on getting other big-name exclusive (MGS4, FFXIII, etc).

In any case, unless coop is announced, this game isn't really on my radar. This Fall will be interesting, though, given how much GTA3 and friends actually sold last-gen.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

MGS4 looks like it's already coming for the Xbox Final fantasy I'm not sure about. but alot of the PS2 exclusives seem to have jumped ship