Games you are looking forward to

Darque

I have no clue what 'Soul Caliber' is

Trust me, you are not missing anything. It's a pretty lame tekken like 1v1 fighter game. The only different thing it ever did was let you collect different armors and weapons, which are pretty useless from what I've played at a friends house.

Capcom vs Marvel 1 & 2 are much more competent and most of all more fun than any other fighting game I've ever played. Course you need a dreamcast for that.

Still looking forward to GTA 4. I think that's basically the only game I really want coming up becuase rockstar has yet to disappoint me with a gta game and nothing else seems like it'll be great. Even fable 2.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Soul Calibur 2 was awesome, calling it lame just means you can't play. Or your friend doesn't.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Vader is PS3 exclusive and Yoda is XBox 360 exclusive. There are rumblings about "How the heck are you supposed to hit Yoda? Astaroth only has two low attacks!"

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Soul calibur games are great, the best beat'em up in two player mode imho, but as I won't ever be having an xbox and no ps3 in the near future, this sequel isn't something I'm looking forward to. Yoda and Vader sure seem strange in this environment...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Ooh, Jim is the narrator!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Resistance 2

Important details.

-Fall 2008

-One campaign focusing on Nathan Hale across USA, 1 player

-One separate story based campaign supporting 2 players offline, 8 players Online

-Online Multiplayer (dedicated servers) supporting 60 people

-Classes for online, templates include Heavy, Special Ops, Medic

-New vehicles including Chameleon (Stalker with cloak)

-Partial randomized geometry in level spots

-Insane stat tracking coupled with MyResistance.net

-Bosses

I'm betting the multiplayer supported numbers get scaled back, but it overall sounds awesome.

Army of Two

Last preview I read of that was far from favorable. What do people see in it?

Sweet, found it.

"As it stands, Army of Two is a juvenile swear-fest with clumsy controls, a story apparently penned by a seven-year-old who hates them ay-rabs, laughable level design that tosses you into a cut-scene every thirty seconds, sub Perfect Dark Zero graphics and the two least likable characters in gaming history. We
Edited by Tale

I have doubts (some of them major) about the game, but hopefully the co-op gameplay will make up for it. At least conceptually, the devs seem to really emphasize co-op play above all - I just hope the new co-op mechanics aren't just gimmicky. And this certainly won't make up for bad design.

As for dialogue, meh. It's an action game. It's a step up from Morrowind, anyway.

In other news, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and Professor Layton will be out within 1-2 months on the DS side. I forget when Ninja Gaiden DS will be out, but it should be within months as well. Hopefully they should announce the inevitable localization of Dragon Quest IV soon enough, too. I forget what else I'm looking forward to in the near horizon.

On the 360 side, Vegas 2 should be hopefully worth it. Co-op in the first one was good fun. Left 4 Dead is apparently delayed until the summer. As for Brothers-in-Arms 3, I'm wondering on the co-op announcement, or more info on the multiplayer. I forget when Mercs 2 is coming out, but co-op + sandbox could be interesting. And blowing stuff up. Too Human could be hit or miss, but a 4p online co-op action RPG certainly has potential. Ah, right, Lost Odyssey should be out very soon as well. And Devil May Cry 4, though I'd need to try out the demo first, since I've never played anything in the series. Ninja Gaiden 2 is an easy purchase. As for the rest, they're probably further away.

My most anticipated game is easily Ikaruga on XBLA, though. The netcode better be flawless, or Nick will bleed.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I rarely pre-order, but I did so for Apollo Justice. I'll pick up Advance Wars with my 10% Circuit City Discount and I'll give serious thought on Professor Layton, so there's no chance of me preordering those. Another game I have preordered coming early next month is DMC4. I figured I'd get a Collector's Edition so pre-ordered to be safe.

Edited by Tale

Ikaruga! Ninja Gaiden 2! Mercs 2!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Army of Two

Last preview I read of that was far from favorable. What do people see in it?

Sweet, found it.

"As it stands, Army of Two is a juvenile swear-fest with clumsy controls, a story apparently penned by a seven-year-old who hates them ay-rabs, laughable level design that tosses you into a cut-scene every thirty seconds, sub Perfect Dark Zero graphics and the two least likable characters in gaming history. We

Still pining for Metal Gear Solid 4.

Ryan Payton promised he'd ask about revealing some big news they were holding back if the Packers won over the weekend. Well, they did. So here's hoping he got the okay to reveal it. We should find out with the next Kojima Productions podcast on Thursday.

Edited by Tale