Games you are looking forward to

Darque

Im waiting for Stalker Clear Sky to come out now. It looks pretty nifty and the 1st was awesome! :ermm: Is it suppose to be a sequel or expansion? Do we need Stalker Chernobyl installed to play it?

hopefully they add drivable vehicles, takes forever on foot!

That one, Alpha Protocol and Aliens.

Moderately interested: Mass Effect for PC (I'll wait until some weeks after release and check the feed back from fellow forumites)

Not so sure about Disciples III at the moment... Looks suspiciously like it is going the direction of the later (3D engine) Heroes of Might & Magic games. All flash and no substance (which reminds me, I should probably install HoMM III and have a go at it again).

I wonder what happened to JA3 ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Releases:

Aliens

Mass Effect

GTA IV

For Buying

Galactic Civilizations II expansions

The Orange Box

On the Radar:

Fallout 3

Overclocked: A History of Violence

The Experiment

all titles for PC.

Fortune favors the bald.

I wonder what happened to JA3 :thumbsup:

I still believe! I think it's expected at the end of the year.

I'm in the Warhammer beta as well. It's definitely a PvP focused game. That's not my style, but it seems like a solid title.

Mass Effect for PC. Silly Mirosoft - I might have bought an XBox360 for this game, but if they're going to release it on PC, I'm not complaining. The copy protection is fine for me - the NWN premium modules were a pain because you have to be connected to the internet at the moment of launching each time, and I live in a place where the net goes down for an hour or two fairly frequently. The three activations limit is still annoying, though.

I would also say I'm interested in the Penny Arcade game, if it does indeed turn out to be a point and click adventure or something near to one.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I wonder what happened to JA3 :*

I still believe!

:x

The only game I really want is STALKER: Clear Sky but we'll be lucky to see that in early 2009.

There are three games that I am interested and would probably buy just to check them out unless I were to hear really bad things:

Mass Effect PC: Normally not my kind of game but I've heard so many positive things that I want to check it out.

Fallout 3: Potential is there for a pretty good game, but I have such huge questions about the design team given their last 2 ES games that I can't really bring myself to believe it will be good. But I hope, I really really hope, that they learned from their mistakes with Oblivion and pull off a fabulous game.

Aliens crpg: The Aliens IP is interesting and mysterious enough that I could see a pretty fun game coming out of it. Plus it is a chance for Josh to have a real crack at a genuine crpg. I am definitely curiosu to see what happens.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The only game I really want is STALKER: Clear Sky but we'll be lucky to see that in early 2009.
GSC Game World, computer games developer, its publishing subdivision GSC World Publishing and Koch Media, a leading marketer of video games, today announced the planned release date for the title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. According to the agreed plan, the game will ship August 29, 2008 worldwide. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky will be published by the games labels Deep Silver and GSC World Publishing.

And there was much rejoicing.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

GSC Game World, computer games developer, its publishing subdivision GSC World Publishing and Koch Media, a leading marketer of video games, today announced the planned release date for the title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. According to the agreed plan, the game will ship August 29, 2008 worldwide. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky will be published by the games labels Deep Silver and GSC World Publishing.

And there was much rejoicing.

Holy crap, when was that press release from? Last I heard the game had been bounced way back to 2009. That's really great, if true.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

27 march.

Here:

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php

And here (6th post):

http://www.stalker-game.com/en/

Nice, I'll get that the moment it comes out.

But it only mentions the PS3 and 360 - if there is no PC version I'm out of luck.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The new prince of Persia has peaked my interest. (the latest GI had some screenies and an article about it.) Prototype looks like one I'll wait for reviews on, Force unleashed and Red Alert 3

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

BG&E 2 and a new Prince of Persia?! Count me in!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

New-POP_page7.jpg

Looks great, if Photobucket holds.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

well the new PoP will focus on one on one fights rather than a bunch of guys on the poor prince. also he'll be able to slide down any wall thanks to a gauntlet on his left arm. also, no weapon pickups like in WW and the two thrones.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

According to a French interview, they have an entirely new set of characters, complete reimagining of art assets(ergo: less gritty, more Persian), a story tied to the mythology, where a thief(you) sets Ahriman free from a box under an oasis, Ahriman, being the evil god, remakes the world into his image and the thief has to help Ormazhd(the good brother) to cleanse the lands off corruption by winning all local bosses and solving acrobatic problems, claiming his title as the prince as he does it. The world is apparently more free-roam, thanks to Assassin's Creed no doubt, and you will be able too see the healing effect of the wells you start as you walk through the landscape in real time(grass grows in your footsteps, trees blossom, earth heals, etc graphic splendour) They've taken influence from at least Zelda games and Shadow of the Colossus. Expect vistas and large boss fights in a mythic setting.

Awe-some!

kirottu said:

Games I'm looking forward to (some a lot more than others):

Aliens RPG

Alpha Protocol

Aliens FPS

MotB

STALKER

HL2: Episode 3

The Witcher

Mass Effect

NWN2

Mildly interested:

Jade Empire

Fallout 3

Oblivion

Dragon Age

Bioshock

Just a word of advice: Alan Wake is being made by the lazy Finns of Remedy.. That means that it'll be delayed at least two years before it is finally released.. and is absolutely fantastic.

Expect Alan Wake in 2009. Late 2009.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

According to a French interview, they have an entirely new set of characters, complete reimagining of art assets(ergo: less gritty, more Persian), a story tied to the mythology, where a thief(you) sets Ahriman free from a box under an oasis, Ahriman, being the evil god, remakes the world into his image and the thief has to help Ormazhd(the good brother) to cleanse the lands off corruption by winning all local bosses and solving acrobatic problems, claiming his title as the prince as he does it. The world is apparently more free-roam, thanks to Assassin's Creed no doubt, and you will be able too see the healing effect of the wells you start as you walk through the landscape in real time(grass grows in your footsteps, trees blossom, earth heals, etc graphic splendour) They've taken influence from at least Zelda games and Shadow of the Colossus. Expect vistas and large boss fights in a mythic setting.

Awe-some!

Wait.

Assassin's Creed sandbox world + Prince of Persia setting + Shadow of the colossus bosses?

This is going to be AWESOME. Seriously, any game that can equal SotC's boss fights has gotta be amazing. I am totally buying this.

Go UBI!

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"