Movies You Have Seen Lately

SteveThaiBinh

Miami Vice - Completely different vibe than I expected or from the tv show. Much darker, and less humourless yet 100% better. Good, 'quiet' acting.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So Miami Vice sucks. Noted. Thanks Volo.

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace + Making Of

Probably one if not the best Making Of ever made.

This film changed the perception I had of GL, from a sort of Demi-God to a simple child playing with toys.

I particularly enjoy the scene in which he shows Steven Spielberg around his lot and this life size model of a droid is just standing there in the middle of a huge parking lot. George then proceeds in describing what this thing is, what it does in the film, why its arm is broken off. Steven tries to fix it by inserting the hand end into the shoulder and George then takes the arm out of Spielberg's hands and shows him how its done.

Like a kid showing off a new toy. Hilarious.

But the entire documentary is actually very interesting and not completely filled with geeks modeling on computers. It is a real documentary on the making of a Star Wars film, not just a promo video like what we usually get. Its actually much better then Ep1...

:)

Just watched da vinci code. Boring movie, book is better.

I need to go watch V for Vendetta. My favorite movie of all time...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hannibal Rising.

Interesting backstory on Hannibal Lecter. Not bad, but not near the other three films. Of course, no Anthony Hopkins will do that to a film. It was odd not having a hero to play opposite Hannibal, and it was hard for me to put Hannibal in the do-gooder role.

Ghost Rider

A strange rip off of Terminator 2 and Blade 1.

Some nice parts but mostly very dissapointing. They could've exploited his chain weapon a lot more and I found it very pretentious to announce not just a sequel but a full series of this garbage with the half-assed ending.

Oh yeah and the acting sucked really bad.

2 good things about Ghost Rider: Eva Mendes' ultimate cleavage shots and Sam Elliot. If I was gay and if he was Canadian(and gay), I'd have married Sam Elliot. I love that guy.

I don't think it's a coincidence that 99% of movies derived from comic books are terrible. With that being said I haven't watched anything new to add. :)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've been on a bit of a movie binge while my internet has been down.

Today it was Goodfellas. I never tire of this show.

Yesterday was Nightwatch. Good, but the movie just felt like it was missing something that would have made it great. I wish I could put my finger on what that was.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Ghost Rider is based on a comic book.

Oh so you mean the Marvel intro similar to that of X-Men, Spiderman, Hulk, Daredevil, Electra and Fantastic Four was a hint that Ghost Rider is a comic book?

Yes, I know what its based on. But the film did not make me want to go to a comic book store to hunt down Ghost Rider comics, nor did it make me want to know more about the franchise which, in my eyes, makes this movie a complete failure.

Your comments made it clear that you didn't understand that the comic predates both franchises you compared it to:

Ghost Rider

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've been re-watching some animated films this past week. First it was The Incredibles, then Shrek 1 and 2, and last night was Finding Nemo. The Seagulls always crack me up, what can I say. Oops, also re-watched Batman Begins. Tonight I'm going to begin watching Band of Brothers.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I had a craving to watch Undercover Brother again today... but instead I bought season 4 and 5 of Stargate SG1. As well as Season 1 part 1 of TMNT(2003 version) and the new Highlander animated film by the guy who did Ninja Scroll. All I know about that one is that the trailer was cool.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"Crank" - absolutely ludicrous. But it did have a few really funny 'action-humor' moments. Jason's fun, but Transporter was much better.

"The Good Shepard" - good acting, nice production, but ... zzzzzzzzzzz

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Your comments made it clear that you didn't understand that the comic predates both franchises you compared it to:
Ghost Rider

That's because I wasn't talking about the comic but rather the movie...

Astrocreep zinging one over Mets? That's impossible!

manthing2.jpg

"Crank" - absolutely ludicrous."

You win. I wanted to really like this movie. I was looking for a good Speed like mvoie; but didn't. The acting here was atrocious, and I actually like the two leads usually.. not this time..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A History of Violence - Pretty sweet movie but suffers from some glaring flaws. Action was really good (When the dude gets shot in the head and exits out his face and he takes a bloody gasp of air, amazing), can't say there was really anything wrong with it except some slight I'm-a-bad-ass-juggernaut-syndrome. Then the reaction of the family. That kind of pissed me off but other than that movie was pretty cool. 8/10

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

A History of Violence - Pretty sweet movie but suffers from some glaring flaws. Action was really good (When the dude gets shot in the head and exits out his face and he takes a bloody gasp of air, amazing), can't say there was really anything wrong with it except some slight I'm-a-bad-ass-juggernaut-syndrome. Then the reaction of the family. That kind of pissed me off but other than that movie was pretty cool. 8/10

I also thought it suffered from "no ending" syndrome.

Anyway, borrowed Bloodrayne from a guy at work who described it as "Eye rape". I thought it was hilarious. The awful effects, the ridiculously bad acting. Oh God it was like Michael Madsen was reading cue cards.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg