KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

I guess it's going to be Bioware, sadly :sad:

(Star Wars project and Bio's MMO project are two different beasts, surprisingly enough. And Bio isn't crazy enough to make TWO MMO's. That doesn't leave many other possibilities than K3)

Also, Obz is now bigger and more grounded developer when they started working on K2. They can't be pushed around nearly as much.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Even if Obsidian wasn't more established by now, LucasArts wouldn't dare to rush them again. They got enough flak for doing it the first time, they would get bashed beyond believe if they did it again.

Talk about much speculation in one mag. KOTOR 3, Star Wars MMO and a Star Wars FPS. Somehow I doubt it.

I think it'd be great if we met the characters from Kotor I-II.

And who do you think will be the "main character" in Kotor III?

Revan? The Exile? or someone else?

Very unlikely to be the Exile, as I don't think the character gained quite the popularity that Revan did.

So Revan, perhaps, but it would be a very overpowered Revan, and probably better off just appearing as a cameo. After the not-all-that-could-be-hoped-for conclusion of Kotor2, I definitely want to find out what happened to some of the companions in Kotor2, but cameos are the way to go.

...or include the Anakin's ancestors

Not likely, and not something I'd personally enjoy. One of the strengths of the Kotor franchise was that it came without all the baggage of the movies and their time - best to keep it that way, I think.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Exactly.

Besides, there's nothing important about Skywalkers before Anakin - they were just one family line like billions of others

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

(Star Wars project and Bio's MMO project are two different beasts, surprisingly enough. And Bio isn't crazy enough to make TWO MMO's. That doesn't leave many other possibilities than K3)

Unfortunately, I do have a feeling that Bioware's Star Wars project will be a KOTOR MMO. Yes, they take a while to develop, but why else would the Lucas Arts-Bioware deal be supposedly so huge? Successful MMOs are highly profitable and are all the rage now. Of course, I have precisely zero interest in MMOs, so I feel that it is a pity.

Even if the deal was for genuine single-player KOTOR 3... if they only signed it now it would take many, many years to develop.

Also, Obz is now bigger and more grounded developer when they started working on K2. They can't be pushed around nearly as much.

This is definitely true, but does Obsidian have any spare teams to actually work on KOTOR 3?

Unfortunately, I do have a feeling that Bioware's Star Wars project will be a KOTOR MMO. Yes, they take a while to develop, but why else would the Lucas Arts-Bioware deal be supposedly so huge? Successful MMOs are highly profitable and are all the rage now. Of course, I have precisely zero interest in MMOs, so I feel that it is a pity.

First off, not even Bioware isn't likely able to do TWO MMO's at the same time. Remember they had to establish very own branch in Austin for MMO

Also, K1 is definetly one of the highest selling Star Wars games

First off, not even Bioware isn't likely able to do TWO MMO's at the same time. Remember they had to establish very own branch in Austin for MMO

Well, I hope you are right. It would sure be nice having another high quality Star Wars CRPG with a strong single player campaign, rather than some MMO.

Would you like to know what is the highest selling Star Wars games and who made them?

Star Wars: Battlefront, made by Bioware's sister company Pandemic. Included in the sale to EA.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Uhh, I claimed otherwise?

Also, are you sure it was Battlefront I, not II?

Still, K1 is one of the most profitable ones. K2 didn't do bad either

Uhh, I claimed otherwise?
No, I was giving information.

Also, are you sure it was Battlefront I, not II?
Battlefront I was the highest selling for it's time. It was trumped by Battlefront II. Since then one of the Lego Star Wars games has trumped Battlefront I, but not II. Of course that's all per system per title; per franchise, Lego has beat Battlefront.

Still, K1 is one of the most profitable ones. K2 didn't do bad either
Shadows of the Empire for the N64 supposedly outsold KOTOR on the Xbox.

Most information obtained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-...ing_video_games

Claim that Battlefront was highest selling Star Wars games comes from Lucasarts advertising for Battlefront II ("sequel to the highest selling Star Wars game of all time")

Kotor 2 doesn't appear on that list. But that could easily be attributed to numbers never having been released or, if they have been, nobody has updated that page.

But, it's interesting. KOTOR sold 1.3 million on Xbox. Give optimistic numbers and say that it sold equal on PC, that KOTOR 2 sold equal on XBox and PC and KOTOR still sold less than half of what the Battlefront franchise sold.

Hmm, this gives me an idea for a thread. Perhaps we should leverage the forum's massive amount of time to waste to look into this and get updated or more detailed information.

Edited by Tale

Thanks for the numbers. It is clear that KOTOR sold well - whether it was the best-selling Star Wars game or the second is secondary. Hopefully, it sold well enough to result in another non-MMO sequel.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm still waiting on the return of Dash Rendar and the Outrider.

Trivia: The Outrider appears in the special edition of A New Hope.

Edited by Tale

Thanks for the numbers. It is clear that KOTOR sold well - whether it was the best-selling Star Wars game or the second is secondary. Hopefully, it sold well enough to result in another non-MMO sequel.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm still waiting on the return of Dash Rendar and the Outrider.

in the book he died at the end. Hit by debris if I remember correctly.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The book makes it appear that way. So does the game, however the game also includes the revelation that he jumps to Hyperspace just in time. As a multimedia project, the game, novel, and comic parts of it are equally valid. Appearances in later media back up his survival.

Edited by Tale

The book makes it appear that way. So does the game, however the game also includes the revelation that he jumps to Hyperspace just in time. As a multimedia project, the game, novel, and comic parts of it are equally valid. Appearances in later media back up his survival.

If you beat it on Hard Mode.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

One thing that is REALLY irritating me is that there apparently was a magazine scan showing that OE is developing K3. But every single forum I visit to get the info either has the scan removed (like what happened in this thread) or the bandwidth limit has been reached, making the link or the image no longer available.

What exactly did the article say or the picture show? And why the cover up?

One thing that is REALLY irritating me is that there apparently was a magazine scan showing that OE is developing K3. But every single forum I visit to get the info either has the scan removed (like what happened in this thread) or the bandwidth limit has been reached, making the link or the image no longer available.

It's not really a cover-up. It was deleted because posting magazine scans is against the forum guidelines:

Please do not post scans of magazine articles about our games

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The article said nothing except that Obsidian wants to make it. The picture consisted of the old Nihilus face shot.