KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 23

They would never do that. LucasArts didn't allow Obsidian to do it back then, why should they do it now?

LucasArts would need to spend money on a project that isn't going to make them any money, not very likely. Nor would they get any good press for releasing such a patch almost three years after the game was released. Disregarding the fact that they would never be able to implement all that stuff into the game in such a short time.

Nor would they get any good press for releasing such a patch almost three years after the game was released.

I disagree, if LucasArts and Obsidian were to re-release or patch Kot0R II so it had all of the cut content then I would go out of my way to praise them for going back and fixing their initial mistake - the rushed release of a great game. >_<

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I disagree, if LucasArts and Obsidian were to re-release or patch Kot0R II so it had all of the cut content then I would go out of my way to praise them for going back and fixing their initial mistake - the rushed release of a great game. >_<

Somehow I doubt that your opinion would influence what the press would write about it ;)

They would rip LucasArts apart for it. Now it's way too late for an official patch. Everyone would take shots at them, for their inability to produce a complete game in the first place, for taking years to make up for it or just because they see it as a marketing ploy for a possible KOTOR III. That kind of attention is something LucasArts definately doesn't need. It's much better for them to do nothing at all, keep quiet, let team Gizka finish their restoration and then announce KOTOR III a short while later. No need to bring your old mistakes back into the eye of the public.

I disagree, if LucasArts and Obsidian were to re-release or patch Kot0R II so it had all of the cut content then I would go out of my way to praise them for going back and fixing their initial mistake - the rushed release of a great game. :thumbsup:

Somehow I doubt that your opinion would influence what the press would write about it :lol:

They would rip LucasArts apart for it. Now it's way too late for an official patch. Everyone would take shots at them, for their inability to produce a complete game in the first place, for taking years to make up for it or just because they see it as a marketing ploy for a possible KOTOR III. That kind of attention is something LucasArts definately doesn't need. It's much better for them to do nothing at all, keep quiet, let team Gizka finish their restoration and then announce KOTOR III a short while later. No need to bring your old mistakes back into the eye of the public.

i can agree with all that - but i think if it wasnt for the litterally huge modding community that has built up around (lets face it) two fantastic games, let alone RPGs, lucasarts would have released such a patch months ago now. It seems that lucasarts really does know the underground scenes around its games as well as the official stuff, we have seen it before with games - as soon as they have been out for so long, no matter how popular they still are, the manufacturer will stop making anything for them.

but c'est la vie, we still have KOTOR 3 to look forwards to - and i for one believe most rumours round games - even if its not going to be out by christmas - we at least know that something is in production or nothing would have leaked - and i think that has to be an encouraging thought, it is for me :-

Edited by Neurion

+++++++++++++++

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me

It's been soon 4 years since release of K2

All rumors incline possible kotor game would be MMO by Bioware, not RPG

Your hope is in vain :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

We must fight Bad Faith whenever we see it, no matter how painful it is

Besides, it's fun to crush people's dreams :rolleyes:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

It is not a dream... It is going to happen if people want to jinx it or not. All involved who stand to profit or lose

money & credibility. Would be fools if they left Knights Of The Old Republic as a incomplete trilogy. That I know they all ready decided would be a trilogy at least, before they even started the scripting. Knights Of The Old Republic & Knights Of The Old Republic 2: Sith Lords is Likely following the path of Star Wars Episode, 4, 5, & 6... Knights Of The Old Republic was like the feel of Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. That gave some clues that were vague. Leaving it at a point to where one probably could not tell. When it first came to the public, if there would be a sequel or not. All though in Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back we find out something we did not expect & that is Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers Father...

Cut To: Luke Skywalker: Shaking his head in denial.

Luke Skywalker

"No... That's Not True... That's impossible!"

Cut To: Darth Vader: Gesturing at Luke.

Darth Vader

"Search your feelings Luke, you know it to be true"

Cut To: Luke Skywalker: Whimpering like a little lost boy.

Luke Skywalker

"No, No, Noooooooooooooo!"

which also gos with the feel of Knights Of The Old Republic, where if you did not get the story spoiled for you. The player finds out that the character they are playing is a main character in the Star Wars Universe, Revan. In which everybody probably stated around this phrase " I'm Revan ?"... Now on the other hand Knights Of The Old Republic 2: Sith Lords still followed the feel of Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back. In which some group was getting vengeance on the other or over powering a enemy with fury. Hence forth The Empire Strikes Back/Sith Lords that are a result of Darkness coming back around to cause everybody trouble, just like the old classical Frankenstein. So one should imagine that because Star Wars Episode 6: Return Of The Jedi brought everything to a conclusion where the Great Villains are defeated. The Same would be true for the Last installment of Knights Of The Old Republic with a Great Villain that has vaguely been indicated as a Unknown Treat in the Unknown Regions or the nicked named True Sith, that Revan & the Exile will have to deal with. Another clue is in the Tomb of Ludo Kressh where the Exile gos through Her Past, Present & Future. In which the Exile In the Future, no matter if the Exile is Light or Darkside. Will, must defeat Revan in combat that did convey, all though they had screwing up the second title, but not completely. That they are not intending to leave the Knights Of The Old Republic series as a duet. Because most of the Good stories, but not limited to trilogies. Have come in trilogies like, Indiana Jones, Star Wars & most of the Novels as well, Jurassic Park, & Back To The Future etc. etc... Before one even could state, "But you over looked the fact that Indian Jones & Jurassic Park are going to be a set of four" Know this, thous are more equivalent to encores then part of the original trilogies. Knights Of The Old Republic 3: What ever sub-title, will be the conclusions of every thing that has built up to now in the Star Wars Universe. In which the Exile & Revan no matter how they come about writing it, will Face off in deadly combat. As I stated before. Knights Of The Old Republic 3: What ever Sub-tile. Is in development now with Lucas Arts & Bioware, It is not a MMORPG. The MMORPG is in fact another title at work, not meaning that it could not be a Star Wars title. But is not being worked on in collaboration with Lucas Arts ether. Logically it would indicate that they are working on Knights Of The Old Republic 3: What Ever Sub-Title. Simply because both the MMORPG & the title Lucas Arts & Bioware are working on are listed at Bioware's web site on up coming titles as separate & they would not do that because it is leading the consumer on & that is against the Law as under Bate & Switch. I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they would definitely not want to take that chance. Let alone loss a opportunity to make large sums of easy profit off the already desirable Knight Of The Old Republic 3: What Ever Sub-Title. They are just taking their time, this time. Because they do not want to disappoint their fans & customers with a rush piece of work that could have been far Superior to what we are playing now. Plus Bioware & Lucas Arts were & are in the middle of other projects. I mean people around the time it was found out that Knight Of The Old Republic 2: Sith Lords was not all it was cracked up to be, because it was rushed. I do believe got people fired at Lucas Arts & everything there got rearranged meaning contracts became void leaving Lucas Arts to negotiate new legal contracts. That did not infringe on other people's contributive services & that probably in it's self took some time. I would put money on Knights Of The Old Republic 3: What Ever Sub-Title. Being announced after the Holiday season with a possible chance of a release date on June 14th. or around that time, Like when the original title was released. But even if it is set for a June release we know what happens now a days. They get pushed back & pushed back & we wait with are minds watering for the sweet flavors of a good story, like the first title of Knights Of The Old Republic....

If your going to go out. You'ot to go out Hysterically. HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.... HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA...

NO ONE BETTER DISPUTE MY PUDD'EN!!!HarleyQuinn.jpg

tl;dr

press enter once in a while. That makes my eyes bleed.

Anyway, KotOR wasn't envisioned as trilogy to begin with. It was ment to be stand-alone game. However, LA in their greediness (and to our best interests actually, heh) wanted second game. Bio said: "Uh, no, screw you" and after that recommended Obsidian Entertainment. OE was, after all, established same legendary developers who had worked on Fallouts, Planecape Torment and Icewind Dales (not to mention they did do something with BIO's Baldur's Gates. And IIRC Feargus (CEO motha****as!) was in group that envisioned NWN1 in year hammer and apple) and they had long and good relationships with Bioware.

That's what leads us with OE as developers for K2. And they did envision K3. Heck, they had planned on moving directly to work on K3 after finishing K2. We all love LA <3

What I do not understand. In the gaming industry is why the Hell they just do not tell us the name of the dam titles of all the games that they are going to develop. Instead of this, trivially, vague, teasing, Bantha Boo Doo Crap. Where they tell you some thing that is going to get people guessing all the dam time & into unnecessary arguments over Rumors. When they could have fun in their forums discussing what is cool about the known game titles reviled. It makes vary little sense specially with old phenomenal copy wrights like Star Wars to lead the consumer on. If you think your product is so lacking that one thought they had to trick the people into buying it, it would be a product I would be suspicious about. It Dose Not Make Me Want To Buy Their Products & just the opposite. I do not like, as any other would not. Who understands what protective freedoms we are supposed to have. Be used or toyed with as some prison chump. It is not going to effect how much you make once you sell your products in the retail stores. Christmas will not make you more money just because you think everybody is buy happy, Quite the contrary. Because every freaking company out there is consistently spam advertising everybody with there mascot Saint Nick. The people just do not know what to buy with their kid's "I want this & I got to have that" Desires. Using numbers alone to find out what you could project as the greater profit in the future of what ever one was selling thinking it would give a greater pay back over cost. Then thous people are losing potential profits from over looking other variables. Because there is much more going on with the people then some currency the majority, don't have. That would indicate there buying habits such as day to day stresses could get a person to a point at which time they will never by any product again that they do not need for survival. If the movie industry can let use know a year ahead of time with some good detail on what the plots are. Then the dam gaming industry can as well. Maybe not a year, but definitely what the name of the titles are. Not just "We are working together with this company" That can mean anything really. It dose not get me excited about what it could be but agitates me instead like it dose so many others as we see in this forum alone....

If your going to go out. You'ot to go out Hysterically. HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.... HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA...

There are plenty reasons why you don't say anything about upcoming games.

There could be legal reasons, such as one of the company being under contract for another project of the same kind, which won't run out for another few weeks or months.

It might also be a bad idea to announce something if you have another project close to being released. In this case, LucasArts announcing KOTOR 3 would take away the spotlight from Force Unleashed, not a smart thing to do.

Being vague leads to more speculation, more speculation means more attention, more attention means people don't forget as easily.

It isn't really a wise idea to announce anything when you haven't developed anything. The longer the time between the announcement and new stuff about the game gets, the more people forget about it. Unless you go extremely far and take the Duke Nukem Forever approach :)

For the company it's the best if you announce the game once you are quite far into the development process, so you have some things to show and wow the people. You shouldn't announce it too late though, else you waste time to build up hype.

There are plenty reasons why you don't say anything about upcoming games.

There could be legal reasons, such as one of the company being under contract for another project of the same kind, which won't run out for another few weeks or months.

It might also be a bad idea to announce something if you have another project close to being released. In this case, LucasArts announcing KOTOR 3 would take away the spotlight from Force Unleashed, not a smart thing to do.

Being vague leads to more speculation, more speculation means more attention, more attention means people don't forget as easily.

It isn't really a wise idea to announce anything when you haven't developed anything. The longer the time between the announcement and new stuff about the game gets, the more people forget about it. Unless you go extremely far and take the Duke Nukem Forever approach :)

For the company it's the best if you announce the game once you are quite far into the development process, so you have some things to show and wow the people. You shouldn't announce it too late though, else you waste time to build up hype.

I'm just not going to bother going into any great detail why that is some of the most dangers thoughts on the planet. Only to state one should go read the Constitution starting with the Deceleration of Independence paying particular attention to the Grievances against the king at the time & apply it in a equivalents, to date...

As far as most products of entertainment go. People buy what they desire & to date it is about everything, regardless of quality... Letting people know the name of the title of a well known title, like Star Wars. Will only increase the probability that the people will talk about it more clearly getting excited about the story. But if they don't know that it is a Star Wars title they are going to get frustrated going at each others throats over rumors & if everybody is dead then there will be no profit to gain at all... If their hearts were put into a game & it was not just another Picasso. Then games like Unleashed are in vary little danger of not making Net Back considering that most people by with out questing the quality, but get pissed after they find out it was Hype...

I mean George Lucas probably could take a $hit in a box. Stamp it with the Star Wars log. Sell it for $59.99 on Ebay & people probably would by it, as long as it was a true Star Wars License. If coincidentally, it resembled his Facial feathers. He could jack up the price, 10 bucks more...

So if it is that easy to please the people now a days. I should start taking dumps in boxes. Make up some fancy log that could get the people to go , Ooo... Hawww... I do have spare time after all...

There is only one more thing I have to state & that is this...braveheart.gif FreeeeDommmmmmmmm!!!

Huh?

Dangerous thoughs, what the hell are you talking about?

No, letting everyone wonder what this cooperation is about, is much more likely to generate discussion than announcing the title would. If you announce something, you get some talk early on, but then it fades away, especially since you don't have anything new to show. You only report announce something if there is actually something to announce. Disregarding that you completely ignored the possible legal reasons for not announcing something.

I don't see any reason why anybody should announce their next project, when the announcement serves no purpose at all. It's actually very likely that LucasArts and Bioware didn't really want to announce their cooperation, it was discovered accidentally, way before they had anything to show for.

what the hell are you talking about?

Don't bother asking, we really can't say. I get lost in his posts usually about halfway through, what I presume with my meager education to be, the second sentence.

As Xardy put it: tl;dr

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Huh?

Dangerous thoughs, what the hell are you talking about?

No, letting everyone wonder what this cooperation is about, is much more likely to generate discussion than announcing the title would. If you announce something, you get some talk early on, but then it fades away, especially since you don't have anything new to show. You only report announce something if there is actually something to announce. Disregarding that you completely ignored the possible legal reasons for not announcing something.

I don't see any reason why anybody should announce their next project, when the announcement serves no purpose at all. It's actually very likely that LucasArts and Bioware didn't really want to announce their cooperation, it was discovered accidentally, way before they had anything to show for.

what the hell are you talking about?

Don't bother asking, we really can't say. I get lost in his posts usually about halfway through, what I presume with my meager education to be, the second sentence.

As Xardy put it: tl;dr

happyNeo.gifWhat ever you want to think, Copper tops...

Right. Well, at least you are unintentionally hilarious. Most spammers are just annoying.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest The Architect

I've got some title suggestions for OE if they end up making KotOR III.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Visas' Laser Eye Surgery

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Space Amazon Babes

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: You're A Dorkface

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Team Gizka, We Need You Again!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Vapourware

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Attack Of The Furries

I've got some title suggestions for OE if they end up making KotOR III.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Visas' Laser Eye Surgery

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Space Amazon Babes

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: You're A Dorkface

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Team Gizka, We Need You Again!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Vapourware

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III: Attack Of The Furries

:lol:

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

[link removed]

scan from xbox mag:

[link removed]

Kotor 3 made by Obsidian? are we going to get a rushed game...again? no offense to Obsi but you know what happened last time with Lucasart.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh because linking to magazine scans is against the forum guidelines. If you are the legal owner of a copy of the magazine, then feel free to post text quotes.