Hogzilla!

Morgoth

I don't really like the fact that the kid had to shoot it nine times over a three hour period. The animal suffered far too much and that's not the way it's done. If he can't do it right, he shouldn't hunt with a handgun.

However, the negative comments on that site are just retarded. Hogs are not native to Alabama. As a feral species, they are extremely destructive if their numbers are not kept down--doubley so if they're enormous. They're stupid, ugly, and they don't belong here. The only thing they're good for is as a game animal. Except for his inhumane handling of it, the kid should just be proud of his accomplishment.

I agree that the negative comments were just stupid. But don't you think the kid deserves a break? I mean to hunt something like that one shot one kill you'd need ...I dunno. A whaling harpoon?

Aim for the eye or the groin.

"Kid critical hits Hogzilla in the groin for 1741 points of damage.

Feel the burn!"

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Aim for the eye or the groin.

"Kid critical hits Hogzilla in the groin for 1741 points of damage.

Feel the burn!"

In that case, the kid would've done better to use his Red Ryder BB Gun. =]

Bah, all the cool people deals that kind of damage with Pipe Rifle

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't really like the fact that the kid had to shoot it nine times over a three hour period. The animal suffered far too much and that's not the way it's done. If he can't do it right, he shouldn't hunt with a handgun.

However, the negative comments on that site are just retarded. Hogs are not native to Alabama. As a feral species, they are extremely destructive if their numbers are not kept down--doubley so if they're enormous. They're stupid, ugly, and they don't belong here. The only thing they're good for is as a game animal. Except for his inhumane handling of it, the kid should just be proud of his accomplishment.

I agree that the negative comments were just stupid. But don't you think the kid deserves a break? I mean to hunt something like that one shot one kill you'd need ...I dunno. A whaling harpoon?

Power is one thing. Accuracy is another.

Looks to me like he shot the thing a couple times through its hindquarters, and that's on the side he thought would be more pretty for the camera. The .500 is a perfectly good weapon or even excessive for most hogs. The image provided is clearly manipulated to make the hog look bigger than it is--I'd say the .500 is right on the money for someone who knows what they're doing. But it's not a gun for an eleven year old. Any moderately powered rifle cartridge would have been easier for him not only to fire and hit his target, but also would probably have kept more energy at a distance anyhow.

Hunters are allowed to screw up and hit their target in the wrong place, but if it takes them eight painful tries to fix their error, they've reached the point where it's not something to be proud of anymore. Poor shot placement turns hunting basically into torture.

In his defense, the thing is huge, so bullets just don't hurt it as much... I think.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

In his defense, the thing is huge, so bullets just don't hurt it as much... I think.

I suspect that it's not as big as they imply. A .500 Magnum ought to have been plenty of gun.

Edited by Aram

I don't think the parents could help here. They're probably the ones who gave him the gun anyway...

I see my sarcasm avoided your detector.

No, don't worry. I still felt like posting that.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Wait, the kid used a .50 gun? Like a desert eagle or a Smith & Wesson .500?

And it was done by a kid?

Yikes! :brows:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yikes! :o

Jesus Christ.... wouldn't want to know what that thing would do to a human head. :brows:

Still, I could imagine the hog has gone wild and tried to attack the fat boy, so he just freaked out and started shooting at him. With that amazing recoil, I'm not suprised he hit the pig randomly. But then again, who hunts with a gun anyway? That what you have rifles for.

If it's anything like a boar it could.

Speaking of which, what kind of lunatic would hunt a dangerous animal with a fething pistol? If you're going to get that close I'be be up for somme kind of explosive tipped spear. At least that way it sounds cooler.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Only thing it needs is unnecessary spikey bits and we would have a dire boar for DnD LARP!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

turns out the hog was real, but it wasn't feral. it started life as someone's pet, then got bought and escaped from its new owner. pictures are probably telling the true story as the sucker really was that big. apparently it was pretty docile when in captivity, though the owners stated that a lack of food may have turned it a bit mean.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I suggest we form a club dedicated to shooting household pets with vintage 75mm anti-tank guns. Who's up for it?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, to be fair, the pig wasnt enclosed.

He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot

I think it was on a 150-acre hog reserve.

Yikes! :yes:

Holy ****.

Wouldn't something like this kill with one well placed bullet?