Blizzard is taunting us...

Even I can do better wraps than that... I'm just saying they could have put more effort on the models,, seeing as how UV is easy to do, but then again they have literally hundreds, possibly thousands of models to make, because of all the creeps and different terrains...

At least people can mod it easily. However, the animations are great.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Even I can do better wraps than that... I'm just saying they could have put more effort on the models,, seeing as how UV is easy to do, but then again they have literally hundreds, possibly thousands of models to make, because of all the creeps and different terrains...

At least people can mod it easily. However, the animations are great.

There is never any excus for poor UV'in I can't model or draw or do anything useful where 3D models are concerned, but I can bloody UV map.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I think what I see in the high res gameplay trailer is beautiful.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Gamespot preview

Starcraft II's single-player campaign will feature an all-new story that takes place four years after the events of the last Starcraft product, the Brood War expansion pack. Brood War featured campaigns with epic battles fought among the series' three main factions: the underhanded human Terrans, the swarming Zerg aliens, and the ancient and mysterious Protoss. Each of the three factions were led by key characters, such as military officer Jim Raynor of the Terrans, Kerrigan (a former Terran soldier who later became "infested" by the Zerg to become one of that faction's most powerful champions), and Zeratul, a Protoss "dark templar" who, after suffering a series of tragic betrayals, eventually assumed leadership for his race.

According to vice president of creative development Chris Metzen, all three characters will reappear in Starcraft II's campaign in some fashion, and according to creative director Andy Chambers, the enigmatic Xel'Naga, the mysterious race that helped the Zerg and Protoss evolve into what they are, will also figure prominently into Starcraft II's story. Over the course of the single-player game, you'll explore new worlds associated with the story, such as the new Protoss world of Bel'Shir, an abandoned religious retreat that has fallen into ruin after a Zerg invasion, and the deep-space Terran base of Braxis Alpha, a craggy world covered in spots by industrial sprawl. You'll also see familiar worlds, like the volcanic Zerg home planet of Char.

In terms of basic gameplay details, Starcraft II will be what vice president of game design Rob Pardo calls "a true sequel to Starcraft." The sequel is confirmed to feature only the original three playable races from the previous games: the Protoss, the Zerg, and the Terrans; there will be no fourth race, not even the Zerg/Protoss hybrid that appeared in a mission in Brood War. There will also be no hero characters, unlike in Blizzard's last RTS, 2002's Warcraft III. Instead, the sequel will be very much about what Pardo calls "mass armies"--large groups of units doing battle at once. Pardo has pointed out that unlike previous Blizzard games, Starcraft II will have no "selection limit"--that is, you'll be able to click and drag your mouse to select an unlimited number of your own armies to control.

The VP suggests that while Warcraft III often featured battles among 20 or so units and sometimes among as many as 60, Starcraft II's battles will be much larger skirmishes among as many as 300 units onscreen at once. Apparently, like those of the previous game, most of Starcraft II's units will not require a great deal of micromanagement (unlike the ability-heavy units of Warcraft), and will instead be what Pardo calls "movers and shooters"--mostly autonomous units that can continously attack their enemies using standard abilities.

Sounds kinda Total Warish.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Good. I hated the ability-fest aspect of WC3.

I'm pretty sure starcraft is going to be hardcore ability fest....From what I saw of the videos things like the immortals special energy shields, there dragoons that can blink, zerglings that turn into rolling terrorists, and a bunch of other stuff. Every unit they showed besides terrain had a special ability, a lot of the times not passive.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm pretty sure starcraft is going to be hardcore ability fest....From what I saw of the videos things like the immortals special energy shields, there dragoons that can blink, zerglings that turn into rolling terrorists, and a bunch of other stuff. Every unit they showed besides terrain had a special ability, a lot of the times not passive.

I think what pop was referring to was the fact that after a certain point you could still win a match even if your economy and your production was shot to hell but you still had your heroes. And the fact that heroes could do more in a fight than a platoon of soldiers.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I read something about that though. Apparently some abilities are inbedded in the A.I., like the Protoss Zealot charge ability.

Those would be passive abilities, I believe.

Auto-Blink is something you can easily do, even in Wc3. However, charge is something else.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"