Pictures of your games

Darque

Guest Accept
Accept - I think the game is well worth the purchase. It often looks better than NWN2, the horizon goes out way further and doesn't suffer from fog clipping, and it runs smoothly with all options maxed even on mediocre systems. The only shortcomings are the combat (first try in this series so it's either really difficult or stupidly easy), and lots of unanswered questions by the end of the game. The latter is due to the story being an ongoing project, which is why Dreamfall Chapters episodic content is planned. At the least, it extends the story of the original game so you find out what's up with April, Crow, Brian Westhouse, and others. Of course, if you haven't played the original, you'll miss all that history. It's not required knowledge, but it helps.

Ah, thank you. :)

I think i will give it a try, then. >_<

I agree, playing these games is like reading a good book, and in some ways that's better than what CRPGs manage to pull off.

I never got to catch the inevitable meaningful final sentence in the ending, though, as the game crashed in the very last bit. Wistrik, judging by your screenshots you must be finished by now. is there anything good after the camera comes in through the doors on the beachhouse, the girl talks on the bed, the camera spans out of the house again - is there a lot more after that?

I've finished it a couple times now; was too busy solving quests to focus on screenshots the first time. There is a bit more after what you experienced... (mega spoilers ahead)

You didn't mention the false Reza that walks in before the camera leaves the room, but he shows up and greets Zo

Edited by Wistrik

Oblivion was always a nice looking game, wasn't worth buying expansions though.

Wistrik, because the camera panning out looked so much like the end of the ending, and I had previously heard about how the ending was incomplete, I thought that was pretty much it. I was dealing with annoying crashes at the time and didn't feel like it. I'll try it again now, though.

I understand that the episodic releases now in production will conitnue the story.

Well, I'd probably rather have played the expansion(s) than the main story, but after investing 60 hours into Oblivion I've sort of sucked that world dry - maybe in the future, after a couple of years.

Going through NWN2 again with an evil wizard, this time I loaded up a ton of mods and tweaks.

post-17979-1179859581_thumb.jpg

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

supreme commander, this is about midway though the last cybran level. I tend to rely on static defenses and the ai for this poor sod is horrible.

post-13853-1179867179_thumb.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

When produced games commonly have graphics like those, I'll probably get more into wanting to have the latest hardware right now. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I bet that 4 years from now those graphics will look outdated.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

When produced games commonly have graphics like those, I'll probably get more into wanting to have the latest hardware right now. :)

I'll probably stop playing.. I mean a horror game with graphics like that - or even a war game.. you'll be a nutjob in a couple of hours

Fortune favors the bald.

I'll probably stop playing.. I mean a horror game with graphics like that - or even a war game.. you'll be a nutjob in a couple of hours

Wimp. :)

I know what you mean tho - I don't think I'd like it for a WWII game very much. Depends how they use them in the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's not a game bok! :) And where are your tactical missile launchers Calax? Cybran rapid fire TML's eat GC's for lunch.

eh, I have a tendancy to not use them. about 100 of the tier two land defenses were able to make mincemeat out of that guy without breaking a sweat (just lost my air defenses that you see in the pic) after this I used 2 battleships and assortment of destroyers and a skillion subs to clear a path for three monkeylords to hit the Aeon base (what was left, heavy artillery installations have a tendancy to decimate your opponents) before stopping the UEF's naval attack (nearly lost a support commander, one of six I had operating) before mopping up the UEF base (which has... limited defenses to say the least, and NO strategic missile defense)

weird part was that the UEF killed the CZAR in one of their attacks on the Aeon base.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Weird part was that the UEF killed the CZAR in one of their attacks on the Aeon base.

I like to go Czar hunting with Heavy Artillery. Popping Czars from across the map is great fun and pretty easy too. :)

Yeah well that's where games are heading man, I mean I prolly wouldn't be squeamish enough to shoot up that face with realistic gore either

I'm all for it I wanna see some serious dismemberment, naturally it should be mature only.

Games make me wonder i'm trying to figure out what kinda era we're in, after all... Gaming is well past the early stages, it's hard to comprehend sometimes.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me