The Best RPG developers?

There were some runes that were next to impossible to draw, like the ones for space(gate rune) and time, but straight damage spells were pretty easy on the fly. Of course, it was the only thing that makes the game unique, so for most it is real deal braker.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Arx is ok. Especially in a world of **** RPG's.

Nobody said Spiderweb, so thats done. Apart from that, nobody else is making the type of RPG's I enjoy the most anymore. These new realtime games can be ok now and again, but they are not my first choice.

Nethergate was an awesome shareware hack. Way better then Avernum 1, which felt really forced and uninspired.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bioware>Blizzard>Obsidian

However, EA made a nice LOTR RPG called Third Age. It was and still is awesome.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Nethergate was an awesome shareware hack. Way better then Avernum 1, which felt really forced and uninspired.

Agreed. Nethergate is definately one of the better games. Avernum 2 and 3 are much better than 1. I prefer the Exiles though.

Avernum 4 is ok.

The Geneforge games are also pretty good.

What makes a good RPG for you? Specifically.

Edited by Girias_Solo

However, EA made a nice LOTR RPG called Third Age. It was and still is awesome.

When did Blizzard ever make an RPG? Action RPGs they're pretty famous for, but they've never made an actual RPG that I've ever heard of.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It' still MMORPG, not CRPG in "traditional" sense

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

They did make this one MMORPG, But I hear its rubbish and nobody ever played it.. World of WarCraft or something ;p

I thought we weren't supposed to include MMO developers?

If otherwise, put Blizzard on my list. CCP too, right at the bloody top.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hey, Blizzard intends to announce a new game on May 19th. Supposedly it's not Starcraft 2.

I bet it's a Diablo MMO. This will generate lots of grumbling for sure.

I don't like the way Blizzard are going, All there time and effort goes into World of War Craft now If the bring out ANOTHER MMORPG they will be even more swamped. I'm sure they'll continue to role in the money of the socially retarded but its not my thing.

SEGANERDS

#1 unofficial Sega News website

Koreans liked Diablo and Warcraft a lot too. The whole country pretty much feeds on Blizzard games and Korean MMOs.

The main reason behind that is that many of those subscribers are not "full" or "hardcore" gamers. They wouldn't be playing games if it weren't for the MMOs and Starcraft; MMOs because they like to use it as a social function - just something they log into for 20-30 minutes a day, enjoy the pseudo-roleplayish stuff and the atmosphere, talk a bit, kill some things, go out, just like they check their email or their korean equivalent of facebook/myspace. (Cyworld) Lots of girls come into this category, in that they don't know gaming culture, or about other games, much.

Then everyone knows/plays Starcraft cause it's like, well, football; its just the national pastime. :brows:

The thing is, very few new strategy games managed to break Starcraft's hold in Korea - Warcraft 3 to an extent, but it was more of a coexistence, never really challenging Starcraft's hold. More historical simulations such as Age of Empires series or Rise of Nations never really took off except for AoK, and I think Koreans do enjoy the small unit numbers, tactical based gameplay Starcraft offers. FOr something to break though it woudl first need to have sufficient prestige in Korea to get recognition (i.e. the name of Starcraft or Blizzard), then cater to that market while showing Starcraft to be outdated.

MMO is the next evolution of Diablo. It already pretty much was just a limited MMO with an ending. I think being an MMO would actually improve Diablo.

Here's hoping for a Starcraft 2 though, or maybe a single player Warcraft RPG, I'd love that.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ponderous thought: To what extent can a developer really shape the player experience of an MMO? Surely it comes down to the players, and with an open player high income policy you'll get mainly fools.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

MMO is the next evolution of Diablo. It already pretty much was just a limited MMO with an ending. I think being an MMO would actually improve Diablo.

Here's hoping for a Starcraft 2 though, or maybe a single player Warcraft RPG, I'd love that.

Warcraft would have to be a "lets pull this out of the closet" with lord of the clans.

Starcraft? maybe

Diablo? Probably cost them too much of the wow population.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was just making a harhar, MMOs dont count.

Hanharr? Wasn't he

a casualty

in KotOR2. :teehee:

That he was. A

tragedy

if you will.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester