Icewind Dale Revisited - GameBanshee Feature

funcroc

Wildshaping is a fun little ability. Tiny lil' Halfling... GIAGANTIC BEAR CHARGING!

:thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I'm kind of surprised that HoW recieved so much crticism for it's short length, mainly because the original Baldur's Gate recieved a very short expansion that if nothing else, felt shorter than HoW. I remember one store was selling Tales of the Sword Coast for 50 bucks. I wasn't crazy enough to pay that amount for a small expansion that added a werewolf island, a keep and a few other upgrades.

Wish Bioware had released something like Trials of the Luremaster for TotSC.

I always thought the consumer got shafted with Throne of Bhaal. The shortness of it and it seemed rushed.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

When I kept Jaheira on, she was my cleric. She had all the relevant healing spells ( - restoration, but + negative protection) and her super special Harper raise dead. I'm just not quite sure what the definite benefits are in regard to druids and IWD2.

Awesome offensive spells and wildshape forms.

Yes, my favorite caster in any game by far. Crushing wave+spiked stones+entangle=awesomeness.

Too bad about the lack of raise dead spell. That's why I always had both druid and a cleric(leader, who I sometimes multied to fighter).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"I always thought the consumer got shafted with Throne of Bhaal. The shortness of it and it seemed rushed."

Weird. TOB is around 40 hours, and is the longets expansion I played. Was it rushed? Likely a little since it was originally menat to BG3; but still the best expansion ever by far except maybe HOTU. Then again, I haven't played many expansions. Hehe.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When I kept Jaheira on, she was my cleric. She had all the relevant healing spells ( - restoration, but + negative protection) and her super special Harper raise dead. I'm just not quite sure what the definite benefits are in regard to druids and IWD2.

Awesome offensive spells and wildshape forms.

i use both because i like jaheira's offensive spells (creeping doom can do wonders for a mage battle), and i absolutely love a cleric's ability to deal with the dead. the latter, btw, is crucial in BG2 given the circumstances of the game. unfortunately, anomen sucks as a cleric overall. one spell a druid does not have (out of their already paltry spell list to begin with) is restoration, which is obviously necessary in BG2 as well.

of course, i'm cheating through this latest game anyway since i have all the add-ons kicked up and scaling makes it difficult even with uber characters. i shoulda left the dragon and lich AI at normal. damned hasted invisible pit fiends are a pain.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Is it for sale?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You don't have to be psychic to realize the odds of another Icewind Dale being anything like the originals is pretty slim. RPGs have been steadily becoming more and more consolized. Even NWN 2 strictly for the PC has numerous console style additions, like followers who can't die and the inability to refuse followers from coing with you etc. Some things have obviously gotten better over time, like production qualities but a lot of the freedom of the classics is disappearing.

If an Icewind Dale 3 came out I would be surprised, if an Icewind Dale 3 came out that was anywhere near the originals came out I'd have a heart attack in surprise.

So there is hope after all.

The good old Infinity Engine games had their time of glory. I doubt any more would ever be made again.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

So there is hope after all.

The good old Infinity Engine games had their time of glory. I doubt any more would ever be made again.

No need for doubt it's never going to happen.

Oh... And IWD2 also contains the worst chapter of all the IE games, chapter 2 of IWD2 is BORING! Unchallenging, repetative and dull, especially the auril ice temple.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

"So there is hope after all"

Not for another GOOD Icewind Dale game. If another IWD is made it will be a X-Box 360 diablo style action RPG like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.

Ah yes, making it into a sucky console game. :thumbsup:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"So there is hope after all"

Not for another GOOD Icewind Dale game. If another IWD is made it will be a X-Box 360 diablo style action RPG like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.

And the basis for this is?

General suckage in the game-industry.

J.

No idea, since mine decides to run at about 15fps in the starting area and everything lags. I'd suggest compatibility modes, but they didn't seem to help me.

What's the frame rate cap by the way? I believe going above 30 actually does make things go faster (noticeable if you get to, say, 50; cutscene syncs go out of order)

No idea, since mine decides to run at about 15fps in the starting area and everything lags. I'd suggest compatibility modes, but they didn't seem to help me.

What's the frame rate cap by the way? I believe going above 30 actually does make things go faster (noticeable if you get to, say, 50; cutscene syncs go out of order)

I was on 30. I'll have to start dropping it, I guess.