Obsidian's third project

Zoma

That internet conversations without arguments are not worth participating in.

Right?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

In ny case I do hope that that the expansion for NWN2 will not have Epic Levels. I really hate the epic level rules. I do not use them in my PnP campaign, I hated them in HotU, and I really hated how Obsidian implemented Level 21+ in KotOR2. I would prefer that they focus on mid teens up to 20th level content over anything else.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

No, just the more ridiculous, especially in d20. The gameplay balance simply breaks the d20 game mechanic when you get above 20th level. 3e and 3.5e just were not made for such higher levels in mind. Dungeons and Dragons isn't Diablo, you know.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Epic levels, and content appropriate for epic levels, is an undesired use of the developer's time that could be put to use on more beneficial additions.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think it depends on the setting of the expansion. If its like Shadows of Undrentide or whatever it was called, where you start as a new character, then I don't think having epic levels makes much sense, but if its taking off where you left off having your party cruise the planes or something, then epic levels are fine with me. Epic levels suit planeswalking.

Personally I'm hoping that its an expansion to the first campaign, and I'd also like them to add more content to the original campaign as well as the new storyline, to give us an excuse to play through again before continuing in the expansion.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I would like to see an expansion that gives us a solid 20 to 30 hour adventure that continues the OC storyline, adds material into the original OC that fixes a few plotholes, add a couple more romances, especially with Neeshka :) , and redistributes the experience that at the end of the expansion the characters are only 15th to 16th level. In the second expansion they can continue the character's story and put the epic levels in there.

I doubt there will be that many expansions. Lets be realisitic here.

"I'd also like them to add more content to the original campaign"

The chances of this happening is near 0% to any significant degree.

Agreed, but it would be cool.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nah. It would be a waste of time, and effort. By the time the expansion comes out only 1% of original NWN2 purchasers would still care about replaying the OC. It's better they concenrtate on a new campaign whether it's a continuation or new characters.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's better. And, epic levels add to the OPTIONS. Epic levels can only add not subtract from the game. Period.

Are you allergic to other people opinions? It's not unreasonable to dislike epic levels since they are notoriously cheesy in CRPGs.

I doubt there will be that many expansions. Lets be realisitic here.

I'm of the feeling that we'll only get one expansion for NWN2, I don't know the sales figures but I'm sure it didn't sell as well as NWN.

Edited by Big Bottom

Epic rules are broken in the PnP game and they were broken in the NWN1. Epic rules will only make NWN2 worse, just as they did with NWN1.

When was the announcement of Obsidian making an expansion for NWN2? Did i miss something?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy