RPGs you still haven't finished

Big Bottom

Ultima II - maybe 10% through it; couldn't get into it; too many different elements thrown together

Ultima VI - played about 50% through it then stopped due to lack of interest

Ultima VII (both parts) - got about 25%-50% through each of the parts

Dreamfall - made it to Arcadia then NWN2 came out; too many distractions

That's about it, out of the hundred or so games I've played over the decades.

Never got used to the gargoyle race's introduction in the Ultima series (felt like a hack job to me; something thrown in to keep the game alive), and the fact that Britannia went from being a large world to being not much bigger than a big town from Ultima 5, due to map scale unification without first scaling the world map accordingly. Instead of taking game days to walk across Britannia, one could now do it in a matter of game minutes. Ultima VIII was a little nicer, despite the plot and arcade mechanics, since it wasn't based in shrinky-dink Britannia. Ultima IX kept the tiny world map but I still managed to finish it several times.

I'll get back to Dreamfall one of these days. It's a fun game.

RPGs I haven't finished? This has been bothering me a bit. I think that three years ago I could have counted the games I'd bought in my life and not finished on the fingers of one hand, but it's increasing a lot at the moment.

Games that I think I got more than halfway through, but never finished:

Arx Fatalis (I was hoping for something bigger and more epic. When it became clear that this one dungeon was pretty much it, I lost interest.)

Temple of Elemental Evil (The temple was just dull, and put that together with the bugs...)

Divine Divinity

Fallout (A stupid bug, can't remember exactly what it was, but I arrived at some town for the first time and they were all convinced I'd been there before and screwed something up, and so attacked me)

Lionheart

Sacred ( :mad: )

Fable: The Lost Chapters

Quite a lot of user-created NWN modules (sometimes bugs become apparent, sometimes they just lose steam)

That said, this list is still dwarfed by the list of RPGs I have completed. And I think it's nice that there are still a few 'classics' that I've never played, like Fallout 2, Icewind Dale and so on. I know they're there for emergencies. :devil:

Baldurs Gate2 - no Xan ... j/k

Poor Xan. ;) I've played his romance path in the BG1NPC pack, and it's pretty entertaining. They've brought out a BG2 mod for him, presumably continuing the romance. I'm sure I'll get round to it eventually.

I'll get back to Dreamfall one of these days. It's a fun game.

It really is, though you might wait until just before part three in the series comes out. The ending definitely leaves you wanting more.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I still need to get to KotOR 2. ;)

If you've waited this long, you might as well wait until Team Gizka finishes their mod restoring all the cut content. Unless you're up for a nice, crushing disappointment after a very good game. I took a gander over there a few days ago, and those fellas are taking their project seriously. The list of fixes and restored content looks pretty damn comprehensive.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Um... I still need to beat Fallout 2...

I feel so ashamed! :'(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The fact that I haven't beaten Fallout 1 is putting me off even starting Fallout 2, even though many people here say it's better. I just can't get up the enthusiasm to play Fallout again, especially since a bug got me last time. I suppose three years from now when the world is drowning in Oblivion clones I'll be glad I still have the Fallouts.

For all these RPGs I've never finished, I don't think I have a single adventure game I've failed to complete.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

...I tends ta finish e'en the PC games I's hatin' all the way through; more outta deranged stubbornness than anythin' else, I supposes...good thing I's almost exclusively a cRPG player and most o' that is (A)D&D cRPGS...in fact, the only cRPG I's can think o' that I's started an' couldna git inta, no matter how hard I tried, was Anachronox (o' course, ya gotta take inta consideration that I ne'er e'en got ahold o' it 'til 'bout a year ago ro so)...mind ya, I's thoroughly regretted wastin' soo much time on a few games; NWN & expansions (just complete crap, although HotU had a few redeemin' features...very few), Oblivion (first dozen hours or so was mindless fun, then I realized that it had no story an' I was bored as the Hells), SoA & ToB (the powergamin' monotony really got to me an' the plot/storyline frustrated me ta no end cuz I knew it coulda been done soo much better), IWD II (wanted ta luv this game...really wanted ta luv this game...soo much so that I played her through twice immediately and was early in the third go of it 'fore I finally gave me head a shake an' realized I was jus' torturin' meself wit' a sub-par RPG cuz it had the BIS name on it...stupid, I knows, but true)...oh, an' I's ne'er e'en played the Fallouts (fer the same reason I couldna git inta Anachronox, I imagine; not really my type o' RPG)... :)

...that all said, fer those o' ya that didna git Planescape: Torment an' dropped her 'afore ya really got ta know an' luv her, ya has me sympathies... :crazy:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

RPGs you still haven't finished

BG1

Arcanum (curse you Troika! Great setting, crappy balance)

And a bunch of others I certainly forgot.

@Sand.

Haven't beaten F2? Tsk tsk. Do it, it's better than F1.

(I know this will now end in a dirty fight :'( )

I do like Fallout 1 better and beaten it several times, but I get to the Enclave oil rig, and well... I just haven't beaten it. My save game is long gone now, but at some point I really need to replay both Fallouts. Maybe when Fallout 3 is close to release I will play the originals so they will be fresh in my mind when Fallout 3 is released.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I still need to get to KotOR 2. :sweat:

:no: tisk, tisk.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Third best.

Poor Xan. :no: I've played his romance path in the BG1NPC pack, and it's pretty entertaining. They've brought out a BG2 mod for him, presumably continuing the romance. I'm sure I'll get round to it eventually.

They have? Oh, oh, oh, that might make me reinstall that game sometime. :sweat:

Another I barely started: I forgot about Thief - the first one. I'd heard so many good things about it, how it wasn't like the typical FPS etc. It looked like a good game, loved the darkness and steath aspects, but it was still too action-game like for me and it wasn't long before I uninstalled it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was going to list the Thief games but decided they weren't RPGs, for some reason I really want to call them RPGs. Needless to say I haven't finished any of them, I got halfway through Thief, barely finished the first level of Thief 2 and did a few missions of Deadly Shadows. All this talk about the Cradle in Thief 3 has really made me want to play through it, I'll probably be hiding under my bed after half an hour though. :sweat:

I was going to list the Thief games but decided they weren't RPGs, for some reason I really want to call them RPGs. Needless to say I haven't finished any of them, I got halfway through Thief, barely finished the first level of Thief 2 and did a few missions of Deadly Shadows. All this talk about the Cradle in Thief 3 has really made me want to play through it, I'll probably be hiding under my bed after half an hour though. :aiee:

I ended up getting tired of Thief 3 before I got past the first level. I bought it when it came out, but never went anywhere because I was waiting for the patch that would make it so that the difficulty wouldn't switch to easy every time you saved the game. By the time the patch came out I could ghost the first level with 100% loot and with guards that had three times the sight, touch and hearing abilities that they had on hard. After playing through the first mission so many times I just lost interest. :confused:

I've yet to get back into it, because when I uninstalled the game I lost the massive UI changes I had made and it would take forever for me to get it back the way I like it. :)

Edited by Deraldin

We'll let you off this time for saying this:

When I finally got the comp running... I... kinda got distracted with Bloodlines.

Bloddlines is teh awesome, even better than K2.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

That is a hard comparison. While both games suffer from a rushed ending the stories in both were quite interesting. I don't particularly like the Star Wars setting, but there was that damn werewolf "puzzle." I would say I like K2 and Bloodlines equally. Both basically suffers the same problems towards the end and both have annoying aspects that I don't like. Still, overall, they are pretty good games.

Baldur's Gate: I played this game for a lot of hours but each time I hit the level cap, I lost interest and stopped. There just wasn't any reason to keep playing once my party stopped leveling. So I didn't. If the level cap had been properly matched to the game I would have finished it.

Ever considered installing a level cap remover? If you worry about it upsetting the game balance you could always just ramp up the difficulty, or play with the new mod Sword Coast Stratagems, that definitely ups the difficulty (a must for people replaying it, it's possible it's only available for those playing the game with tutu though).

As for the topic, I just realized there's another RPG I never finished. Morrowind. I've tried playing it twice and both times I got completely fed up with it within an hour and had to get rid of it.

(Oblivion, on the other hand, I had a lot of fun with and finished after a lot of hours)

Barely Touched

Gothic 1-3

Morrowind, Oblivion

Xenosaga ep 2

Final Fantasy V

Halfway through

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy IV

Fell at the last hurdle

Kingdom Hearts

Breath of Fire III

Suikoden V

Deus Ex

Lionheart

Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich

X-Men Legends II

The barely touched ones generally I play for a while then realize I hate the game. Thats what happened with the gothic and elder scrolls games. Xenosaga II I started then it asked me to load my save data from Xenosaga I, and since I couldn't find my saved game, I decided to play through the first one again, but got stuck on that annoying boss that the military guy turns into when you're inside the gnosis mothership.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I still need to get to KotOR 2. :lol:

If you've waited this long, you might as well wait until Team Gizka finishes their mod restoring all the cut content. Unless you're up for a nice, crushing disappointment after a very good game. I took a gander over there a few days ago, and those fellas are taking their project seriously. The list of fixes and restored content looks pretty damn comprehensive.

Hey, I forgot to reply to this. :)

Question: Are they just adding cut content... or are they modding the game also?