do women have a sweat fetish?

Eddo36

I'd imagine the "repulsive" part of sweat has much more to do with the fact that it's a haven for bacteria, and if you don't do anything about it, they're going to be explusing waste by products on your unclean body which creates a not so pleasant smell.

Sweat in this case would be an aphrodisiac, not a fetish. Even if it causes arousal, the arousal is not directed at the sweat, but at the person who's sweating.

:lol: A fetish is something that is needed for arousal. Not something that is 'a turn on' or 'causes arousal'. Leather for example smells reeeeeeeeally nice, just because it makes someone 'tingle' doesn't mean they have a fetish for it.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I sweat when I see women.

Winner! :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think they meant sweaty hands when they wrote that article.

And sweat.. Geez, I remember when I was a member of ACC (Academic Computer Club) at my university. They had this club room full of old Sun computers that the university had donated, and the entire room was saturated with a sour sweat stench of the nerds that sat in that room 16 hours per day. It was impossible to be in that room for more than a minute at a time. The mega nerd (every club has one) had an aggressive stench that attacked your nostrils a full five meters before he actually walked past you.

One funny thing though: They had a Coca Cola vending machine outside the club room. That vending machine had a plaque on it (placed there by Coca Cola) that said: Sweden's third most selling vending machine. The nerds drank so much Coca Cola that they actually won a prize for it!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I do know that women prefer a guy who's been working out. BUt I don't think that's the sweat so much.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And sweat.. Geez, I remember when I was a member of ACC (Academic Computer Club) at my university. They had this club room full of old Sun computers that the university had donated, and the entire room was saturated with a sour sweat stench of the nerds that sat in that room 16 hours per day. It was impossible to be in that room for more than a minute at a time. The mega nerd (every club has one) had an aggressive stench that attacked your nostrils a full five meters before he actually walked past you.

That reminds me of a particular tv production student at my old university. You could tell he was in the computer lab before you got there because you could smell him way down the hall.

Once it gets that bad it has the opposite effect, and not just on women, also men, children, animals, extraterrestrial life...

"The mega nerd (every club has one) had an aggressive stench that attacked your nostrils a full five meters before he actually walked past you."

How rude! You never side hi to me. :sad:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wait a minute...this is something unknown? Aren't pheromones released through sweat or something? One of the reasons we have pubic hair is so our "scent" can be "trapped" and eminate to attract mates, is that not basically the gist of it?

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

IIRC, the scent of a persons sweat is directly related to the food that person has eaten. Some cause a stronger more unpleasant scent while others mitigate the scent.

Right, this attraction is probaly quite similiar to the reaction a dog has after smelling another dog's ass.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

IIRC, the scent of a persons sweat is directly related to the food that person has eaten. Some cause a stronger more unpleasant scent while others mitigate the scent.

Right, this attraction is probaly quite similiar to the reaction a dog has after smelling another dog's ass.

Similar smell too.

If any woman would be attracted by me sweating my first thought would be that there is something seriously wrong with her...

:dancing:

Eh, I wouldn't be too surprised if I were you, where attraction is concerned you can always rely on people having odd little quirks, like me and girls with lazy eyes. :)

Edited by Tel Aviv

Similar smell too.

Only if your fat and only sweet when moving towards the fridge, Astrocreep

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Food/drink definitely affects the smell and taste of sweat, but I'm not sure it affects the hormonal aspect the article is talking about.

I definitely prefer the way hubby smells a few hours after a shower, not right after - assuming he spends those hours doing mellow things rather than strenuous physical activity like cleaning an outhouse or something. :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I find smells irrelevant because I don't have a sense of smell.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"