LOST

kumquatq3

Wow. Harsh.

Why are you watching again?

It was obvious from the start that something on the Island made people's wishes come true.

Now I'm thinking Walt was so important because, like Locke, he found something out about the place. Remember the comic book and the bear?

Walt also seemed to have "powers" outside of "the box". So what is preferable, a boy who can make things appear with his mind or a box that listens to what you want and gives it to you?

Both are ridiculous, thats why somethings are still acceptable in a science fiction setting.

I thought the stupidest person on the island was Kate. Knowing the Others the way she does, she never expected cameras in Jack's house?

And i twouldn't surprise me that Kate, John and Sayid are being manipulated by ALL the others, including Alex and Jack. Yes, I'm saying the sub was a ruse and Ben can walk.

But that's just me.

This episode sucked the big one. I didnt like the dialogue and how the conversations played out. For example, Kate came out so bloody stupid. Instead of asking Jack who the hell the others were and what they were up to, she kept asking "what have they done to you". LOL it was so obvious given Jacks condition that they had done nothing to him. Instead of answers and exposition all we got was utterly retarded cheesy melodrama because the shows creators obviously didnt want to give things away at this point.

The magic box thing is just dumb.

Who are they?

Who are you?

"Well, that guy's Ben, he's Tom, that guy over there is named Jim, he likes hotdogs..."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There is no magic box.

Ben explained "something" as magic box to Locke, because Locke used to work in box company.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

If you didn't find this episode compelling, maybe you would be more comfortable watching a more realistic show, like one of the myriad of CSI's on the air, or perhaps reruns of Full House.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

There is no magic box.

Ben explained "something" as magic box to Locke, because Locke used to work in box company.

Indeed. The box is a metaphor Ben uses for the island's ability to give its dwellers their greatest desires. If you hadn't figured out by now the island is capable of such a thing, you haven't been following Lost. :sorcerer:

I liked this episode very very much. Can't decide yet however whether I prefer it over Desmond's as the best of season 3. This one sure had plenty more story progress though.

Oh, and if there were any doubt left about Locke's dad being the real Sawyer, it's gone now.

Edited by Pope

Oh, and if there were any doubt left about Locke's dad being the real Sawyer, it's gone now.

Wow. I didn't even catch that! :)

Here are all the hints throughout the show I can remember at the moment:

- They're both con men.

- Locke asking Sawyer why he picked that name, and saying it's an interesting name to choose.

- Cooper is likely to be "the man from Tallahassee". Sawyer mentioned to Jack he'd been there while playing poker.

- 'Anthony Cooper, Adam Seward' (another name he used, mentioned in last episode) is an anagram for 'Sawyer, the con man, a poor Dad'

Getting pretty obvious by now.

Right near the end, when Paulo comes clean to Nikki about

why he kept the diamonds

, I felt bad for him for a second or two. Aside from that, this episode was pretty mehtastic. Well, except for Lando.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

That episode was a waste of space. What was the point? They introduce two new characters, complete with backstory, and then kill them off. Er, ok. How about a little plot advancement?

Well they were introduced a while ago but who didn't ask "who the f*** are these people?"

So they answered that question.

Oh and by the way Gfted1, thanks for

the spoiler

:shifty:

That episode was a waste of space. What was the point? They introduce two new characters, complete with backstory, and then kill them off. Er, ok. How about a little plot advancement?

The point was to let us know that Nikki has a hot little... posterior.

As for lack of plot advancement, well we had a run of some good eps so a pointless filler ep was about due. I didn't mind too much myself, it reminded me of the awesomeness of the pilot episode and also how glad I am to be rid of Shannon. Actually tbh I liked the episode, the whole buried alive thing was ultra creepy. I laughed at Sawyer saying "who the hell is Nikki" straight after she "died".

However, I am disappointed at not seeing and earlier Xerxes Paolo flash back :shifty:

I spent most of the episode saying, 'Paulo doesn't look anything like Xerxes'. Then at the end when he's prone and fessing up I finally saw the resemblance.

One thing I did like was the return of Arnzt, albeit briefly. And last nights episode would have rocked if Sun would have killed Charlie.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

They weren't completely new. The girl had appeared in a previous episode where they first saw the guy with the eyepatch. The guy probably did, too.

Plot advancement, well now Sun knows what happened. That's about it for that. I think it's interesting that essentially Sawyer and Hurley are the ones who killed those two.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Plot advancement, well now Sun knows what happened. That's about it for that. I think it's interesting that essentially Sawyer and Hurley are the ones who killed those two.

I suppose we got a few scraps thrown to us. Besides what you mentioned we also learned

that Ben was plotting the whole time to get Jack to operate

and that Nikki has a rocking bum but still, meh, I dunno. I cant put my finger on it. They come off a freakishly long break with "13 all new back-to-back episodes" and they need a filler episode?

EDIT: Added spoiler tags so astr0creep wont yell at me. :shifty:

Edited by Gfted1

I suppose we got a few scraps thrown to us. Besides what you mentioned we also learned

that Ben was plotting the whole time to get Jack to operate

and that Nikki has a rocking bum but still, meh, I dunno. I cant put my finger on it. They come off a freakishly long break with "13 all new back-to-back episodes" and they need a filler episode?

EDIT: Added spoiler tags so astr0creep wont yell at me. :)

:shifty:

You didn't know before that Nikki had a nice bum? :shifty:

Xerxes has taste!

This would've made a good CSI episode.

I guess the writers succeeded in whatever they were up to: I disliked Nikki and Paulo when we first got introduced to them, but at the end of this episode I would've preferred them to be alive. Just felt like a waste of introducing new characters.

Their backstory was pretty intriguing, if not pointless. So now Sun knows the Others didn't drag her into the jungle, but then again they now also suspect the Others of killing two Losties. So much for plot advancement.

Oh PS: why do all hot chicks die on Lost?

Edited by Pope

That was the best episode of the season for me. Who cares about moving the plot? If Edgar Allan Poe wrote a script and Alfred Hitch**** directed, that would be the episode we just got. It was super. As long as they don't try and bring those characters back, it's golden.

Also, I don't see why we need spoilers in this thread. I purposely avoid it until I've watched the most recent episode, as should everyone.