Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360???

karka

Besides, I don't consider this discussion all that dramatic. Comedy maybe, but not drama. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yeah, but it wouldn't be Fallout.
It will be Fallout. They own the license, you don't.

End of thread.

Yes, they may own the license but they also want to make money off of that license which makes them dependent on the gamers they seek to sell this game to. If it isn't Fallout enough then I will not buy it.

I can see them running scared now ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If they do, they do. If they don't, they don't. Makes no difference to me.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Hmm, something interesting seems to be happening on the major Fallout sites at the moment. Apparently, NMA, DAC and RPGCodex are trying to unite and create an "anti-hype" site for Bethesda's FO3. The goal seems to be informing any potential buyers what it is that they'll actually get. As one of the idea's initiators said: It worked before for Interplay's FO:BOS and it could work again for Bethsoft's FO3.

IMO, this is a good idea because otherwise a lot of people who liked the previous games but are not "hardcore" fans will simply rush out and pre-order FO3 right upon hearing it's being made, without getting properly informed about its actual features first. If done right, and in a non-hostile and informative manner, such a site could be a beacon for all Fallout fans who want a real sequel for their favorite game instead of a heavily watered-down version which caters to the lowest common determinator. I hope they succeed. :salute: BTW, anyone interested in joining up click here for more details.

Edited by aVENGER

The issue I have is that their going into it with the point of being critical. What if it's actually a good game? Will they report it that way, or will their preconceived biases against the game that started years before actual release put them on a crusade to try to bring the game down any way they can?

This whole plot of theirs is retarded. It's nothing but another way of bashing Bethesda. I'm the last one to defend Bethesda as my dislike for their games is old news; but this is so stupid.

If you don't like Bethesda, if you think they'll 'FO'; then don't buy the game. Just move on. Geez.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That is my plan. I won't start FO3 topics but I will comment in them. If FO3 isn't to my specifications I will go play something else. I won't join any movement over a game. Its just not that important. Now that would be silly.

This whole plot of theirs is retarded. It's nothing but another way of bashing Bethesda. I'm the last one to defend Bethesda as my dislike for their games is old news; but this is so stupid.

If you don't like Bethesda, if you think they'll 'FO'; then don't buy the game. Just move on. Geez.

But, think of the travesty to the Fallout Franchise!!3211111. They're doing the world a favour!

The Fallout franchise ended with Fallout 2 and the cancellation of VB. If Bethesda does right by FO3, which I doubt, then all is good. If not, no sweat off my back.

And we allow you to do so because you have such a cool sig, Llyr. :)

Edited by Sand

:)

To be honest, I'm not too confident about Fallout 3: Morrowind with Guns.

If Bethsoft do any of the following, then I'll probably think twice before buying it:

-Forcing a first person perspective without the option of going 3rd person or isometric;

-Forcing real time combat without the option of playing turned based;

-Using a wiki style dialogue without any discernible conversational options.

Jaggy wins the thread.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hmm, something interesting seems to be happening on the major Fallout sites at the moment. Apparently, NMA, DAC and RPGCodex are trying to unite and create an "anti-hype" site for Bethesda's FO3. The goal seems to be informing any potential buyers what it is that they'll actually get. As one of the idea's initiators said: It worked before for Interplay's FO:BOS and it could work again for Bethsoft's FO3.

IMO, this is a good idea because otherwise a lot of people who liked the previous games but are not "hardcore" fans will simply rush out and pre-order FO3 right upon hearing it's being made, without getting properly informed about its actual features first. If done right, and in a non-hostile and informative manner, such a site could be a beacon for all Fallout fans who want a real sequel for their favorite game instead of a heavily watered-down version which caters to the lowest common determinator. I hope they succeed. :salute: BTW, anyone interested in joining up click here for more details.

A brillant idea. The die hard sites creating an anti-hype. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Considering that a certain portion of Oblivion's sales was due to Bethesda's hype and lies about its greatness, it's not very unrealistic to hope that debunking the hype and lies of Fallout 3 will have some minimum result at least.

And, AFAIK, people at NMA have stated multiple times that they will be quite happy to be proven wrong in case Bethesda releases a "true" Fallout sequel, however unlikely this seems.

Define 'certain portion'.

Bethesda's hype and lies certainly seems to still be working on the media and a crapload of mainstream gamers. I mean, someone should take away those GOTY contender awards and expose their lies. The public has the right to know.

Considering the number of mor... self-respecting gamers who are buying bloody horse armor, Bethesda doesn't have anything to worry about.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Anti-hype? What is that supposed to mean, exactly? Are they going to write unbiased reviews and rate the game regardless of its name? And if so, why do they need to put up yet another site just for that?

IMO, this is a good idea because otherwise a lot of people who liked the previous games but are not "hardcore" fans will simply rush out and pre-order FO3 right upon hearing it's being made, without getting properly informed about its actual features first. If done right, and in a non-hostile and informative manner, such a site could be a beacon for all Fallout fans who want a real sequel for their favorite game instead of a heavily watered-down version which caters to the lowest common determinator. I hope they succeed.
There's plenty of sites that'll offer way more objective reviews than the likes of NMA could ever aspire to. Looks like a high-profile attempt at selling their own vision of what a Fallout game should be.

Non-hostile? That'll be the day.

Considering that a certain portion of Oblivion's sales was due to Bethesda's hype and lies about its greatness, it's not very unrealistic to hope that debunking the hype and lies of Fallout 3 will have some minimum result at least.
"Lies about its greatness"? According to whom? Because a great many people think the game is "great" indeed, so...

And, AFAIK, people at NMA have stated multiple times that they will be quite happy to be proven wrong in case Bethesda releases a "true" Fallout sequel, however unlikely this seems.
Yeah, "true" as in copy-paste from Fallout. Not gonna happen, though, so they'll whine all the same and pat themselves on the back because they were right all along. Either way, they win, huh?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I for one don't want a cut and paste job.

omg... that was funny :)

Oblivion gets a win from me just because lightning spells (especially area effect ones that send people flying in all directions) are just so much fun. :)

edit: Oh wow... hmm... Fallout 3... Oblivion with guns... now THAT would rock (well as long as the game has good explosive effects). ^_^

Edited by Darque

Anti-hype? What is that supposed to mean, exactly? Are they going to write unbiased reviews and rate the game regardless of its name? And if so, why do they need to put up yet another site just for that?

I think one of the main goals is to create a central, straightforward and easily accessible information site about the game so that people who actually liked Fallout, but don't frequent the regular fansites and their internet forums, can quickly get a clear overview about what FO3 is going to be and not immediately run out and buy the game simply because it has the word "fallout" in its name.

There's plenty of sites that'll offer way more objective reviews than the likes of NMA could ever aspire to. Looks like a high-profile attempt at selling their own vision of what a Fallout game should be.

Perhaps, but having a centralized location can provide an easy reference point at which even non-hardcore Fallout fans can get detailed information about the game's actual content (minus any hype and other PR crap) without having to search through countless forum pages. Also, the site can show how strong the real Fallout fanbase is i.e. how many people out there actually want a true sequel instead of merely settling for Oblivion with Guns

Edited by aVENGER

I think one of the main goals is to create a central, straightforward and easily accessible information site about the game so that people who actually liked Fallout, but don't frequent the regular fansites and their internet forums, can quickly get a clear overview about what FO3 is going to be and not immediately run out and buy the game simply because it has the word "fallout" in its name.

How many people really run out and buy a game they know nothing about based solely on it's name?

And if they do rush out and buy games without knowing more than the name, why would they visit this supposed "anti-hype" site? If they buy games without reading any news, reviews, previews in print or on the net, and aren't interested in the views of people on forums and whatnot, why would they suddenly change and check out this website, they they mostly likely will never know exists?

Also, the site can show how strong the real Fallout fanbase is i.e. how many people out there actually want a true sequel instead of merely settling for Oblivion with Guns
Edited by Hell Kitty