NHL

Darque

Jim Balsillie(head of RIM, the Blackberry guys) bought the Predators. They're expected to move to Hamilton Ont. now.

Where did you hear this? I know that Balsillie is supposed to be working on a deal and there is supposed to be a press conference in an hour, but I hadn't heard anything other than that. :p

EDIT: I see about the sale, but what makes you think they will end up in Hamilton?

Additional news here: Brian Leetch has officially retired today after 18 seasons.

Edited by Deraldin

"however Ottawa also has Phillips and Volchenkov."

As good as they are, they don't come off as intimidating as Anaheim's duo. Heh.

Will: Why the bigotry? :bat:

P.S. It shouldn't matter what country a team is from. That should be irrelevant. Why are people so worried about that stuff?

I see it more as an expanded hometown mentality. In most cases, you root for your home team. (unless you happen to be from somewhere else. For instance, if you're from New York, and living in Vancouver, its ok to root for NY over Van.) If your home team is out, you root for the team you identify with more. Most Canadians see hockey as our game, and therefore wish to root for a Canadian team. Which is largely symbolic as the teams are all made up of mostly Canadian and Nordic players, despite their hometown.

EDIT: I see about the sale, but what makes you think they will end up in Hamilton?

Hamilton is where Balsillie lives, so some are expecting him to move them closer to home. Likely ticket sales would exceed sales in Nashville as well. Hell, they could move them to Winnipeg and even in their tiny arena they would still sell more tickets than in Nashville.

Either way, he can't move the team until at least after next season, and he has to pay a penalty to the city if he moves before the contract is up.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well Anaheim takes game one 3-2, but to be honest I don't think it was really as close as the score indicated. There were times where Anaheim completely outplayed Ottawa for extended periods of time. Way too many turnovers at the offensive blueline.

Well Anaheim takes game one 3-2, but to be honest I don't think it was really as close as the score indicated. There were times where Anaheim completely outplayed Ottawa for extended periods of time. Way too many turnovers at the offensive blueline.
You are right, Anaheim was pretty dominant, Ottawa could only manage power play goals. It was a good game though.

Eh, I'm warming to the idea of the Ducks winning the cup. It would be nice to see a California team finally win it all. I just dislike Pronger and Selanne so much, but they do deserve a Cup based on talent.

Still, it's a long series. Ottawa isn't out yet.

Yep, it's one game between two teams who haven't played against eachother in I dunno how long. Scouting and watching tapes can only do so much. Ottawa knows now they have to step it up a notch or two.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

This game seriously pissed me off. Someone needs to go slap the Senators around. They did nothing for the first 55 minutes and then oh look, they can't get a goal in the final five minutes. *Deraldin's I'm-so-disappointed-in-you-all/ARGH! emoticon*

I told you the wouldn't sweep. That was a much better game than the first two. Emery was a little shaky, but managed to close the door in the third to close out the win. That second period though was a kicker. 5 goals. Anaheim takes the lead, Ottawa ties it up, Anaheim scores again, Ottawa ties it up again, Ottawa finally gets the go ahead goal!

I'm sure you Edmonton fans will be happy to know that the winning goal went in off Pronger's skate. :*

Ottawa lives!!

P.S. Oiler fans are jokes who worship a crappy team who got rid of, perhaps, the best player in the NHL. There is no way Anaheim would win the cup (or even has a real chance to) without Pronger.

It's also no coincidence that edmonton beta Anaheim last year with pronger in the lineup.

It's also no coincidence that Edmonton had a DISASTRIOUS year withouy Pronger in the line up.

L0L0L0L0L0L0LLIP0P!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Go Ottawa! I didn't get to watch the game but from the summary it sounds like there were a lot of fluke goals. One off of Alfredsson's skate and one off of Pronger's skate.

And why is it that Pronger plays so dirty? The guy is good enough to dominate without resorting to elbowing, which seems to slowly becoming his trademark of late. I saw the hit on ESPN's excellent flash movie player. U.G.L.Y.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, Pronger is playing really dirty...

And YES! OTTAWA WINS! :brows::):dancing:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

L0L Pronger has always played a little on the dirty side. Oiler fans, and Kanadian team bandwagon jumpers just didn't care when he was doing it for their team. Now, that he's on Anaheim and in the way of a Kanadian team winning the SC, they all of asudden start whining about his play.

P.S. He got suspended for game 4 which means Ottawa wins. :brows:

Go Ottawa! I didn't get to watch the game but from the summary it sounds like there were a lot of fluke goals. One off of Alfredsson's skate and one off of Pronger's skate.

It wasn't just fluke goals, but neither goaltender was really all that hot last night. There were a lot of goals that should have been stopped. Emery for one should have had the second and third Ducks goals. One somehow found room 5 hole and the other was stick side after a rebound that went right onto Perry/Getzlaf (can't remember which) stick. :brows: I can't recall which ones Jiggy should have had off the top of my head but there were a couple of them.

L0L Pronger has always played a little on the dirty side. Oiler fans, and Kanadian team bandwagon jumpers just didn't care when he was doing it for their team. Now, that he's on Anaheim and in the way of a Kanadian team winning the SC, they all of asudden start whining about his play.

I admit it, I am one of those people that doesn't like it when it's done against my team, but didn't really have a problem when it was for my team. No one likes it when it's done against their team, so we'll keep whining about it anyway. :)

And on the suspension, I was wondering how the league was going to handle that one considering he had been suspended for a game in the last round.

I must say that the NHL officials are chicken ****. He's caused one head injury before: one game suspension. Ok, a bit low but pretty fair. The same player causes another reckless head injury (I'd say with an attempt to injure): one game suspension. WHAT THE ****? What kind of message does that send?! Oh, you can do whatever you want out there, you'll never get more than one puny game. The team gets nothing. No money taken from your salary. No punishment for the coach, NOTHING. Ridiculous.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"I'd say with an attempt to injure"

That's funny. You are the first person I've seen whose claimed that it was intending to injure. Not surprising though considering the bias source you are. L0L

I remember last year where you were *cheering on Pronger. Without him, I don't think the Oiler's would've made the play-offs, let alone the Finals.*

LONG LIVE PRONGER!

DOWN WITH WHINY OILER FANS!

*edited - LC

Yeah; but you wer eprobably cheering him on as he led the Oilers to the Finals. Sorry, I get Kanadian team fans mixed up because they seem to forget their favorite team when it's a Kanandian team vs. Amerikan team.

P.S. My sorries to the mods.

Whats so weird about canadians cheering a canadian team? Seriously, thats to be expected. Even if its not their home team, who WOULDN'T cheer on their country?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Aaand there goes Volo up on my ignore list again. Odd how he's the first to jump on any players for fighting, but he's completely ok with Pronger's play in the playoffs. It really seems like all he wants to do is argue in this thread. I have a feeling that we could agree with him and he'd still disagree slely on principality.

Anyways, I still think Anaheim will win the next game, even without Pronger. They did it earlier against Detroit. Giguerre is playing better than Emery and I don't see that changing.