Favorite Quotations

Guard Dog

Don't confuse time itself with the way we measure it. If time didn't exist then change wouldn't exist either.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't confuse time itself with the way we measure it. If time didn't exist then change wouldn't exist either.

But time is the measure. Like inches or galons.

No?

No. You can measure distances both in miles or kilometers, and that doesn't mean that distances are purely a human abstraction.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but what you're stating is fairly idiotic. It's the diference between the word "dog" and the animal dog.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but what you're stating is fairly idiotic. It's the diference between the word "dog" and the animal dog.

I don't mind at all.

I was replying to Meta who was commenting on my sig. I used " :D " for a reason also(Meta once PMed me to tell me I should use emoticons to express sarcasm or for slight comical effect to avoid confusion and possible flamings).

Besides, we're derailing so stop encouraging me to hijack the thread please.

:D

"The loudest lie is the one we tell ourselves." - Eric Hoffer.

Hoffer sounds like an interesting chap, if anyone has read him tell me if his books are worth getting.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"They'll kill one of ours, we'll kill one of theirs, with some friendly fire, that's a funny term like civil war." - Sage Francis

"My enemy is not the average white man, it's not the kid down the block, or the kids I see on the street. My enemy is the white man I don't see, the people in the white house, the corporate monopoly owners, fake liberal politicians. Those are my enemies, the generals of armies that are mostly conservative. Those are the real mother f*ckers that i need to bring it to." - Immortal Technique

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

"How come they call you Fat Mike, you're not fat?"

"I've been sick."

-Fat Mike

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society with a large segment of people in that society who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that they have nothing to lose. People who have a stake in their society protect that society, but when they don't have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it.

If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.

Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love.

Martin Luther King, Jr. (American Baptist Minister and Civil-Rights Leader. 1929-1968)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

God's in his Heaven. All's right with the world!

:(

Originally it comes from Robert Brownings Pippa Passes

The year's at the spring,

And day's at the morn;

Morning's at seven;

The hill-side's dew-pearled;

The lark's on the wing;

The snail's on the thorn;

God's in his Heaven -

All's right with the world!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity" - Albert Einstein.

Good one!

They will fight a third world war. I do not know when or with what weapons. But I an certin the fourth world war will be fought with sticks and stones.

-Albert Einstien

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:)

And day's at the morn;

Morning's at seven;

The lark's on the wing;

God's in his Heaven -

NGE quotes, meh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:)

And day's at the morn;

Morning's at seven;

The lark's on the wing;

God's in his Heaven -

NGE quotes, meh.

Actually I had read Pippa Passes before seeing NGE ;)

I was quite surprised when I saw Nerv's logo first time :D

Robert Browing is awesome. I love Childe Roland to Dark Tower came

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

A few of my favourites:

"It is sheer good fortune to miss somebody long before they leave you." - Toni Morrison

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." - Maya Angelou

Edited by Quixotic

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity" - Albert Einstein.

Good one!

They will fight a third world war. I do not know when or with what weapons. But I an certin the fourth world war will be fought with sticks and stones.

-Albert Einstien

You know some people call the Seven Year war the first world war, the Cold War a world war and now the War on Terror a world war so that means some people think we're already on World War V. :joy:

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Does it really matter what some people (even Winston Churchill) think though?

Inquiring on information about World War II will likely not find you any information that doesn't involve the 1939-1945 conflict involving the Axis and the Allies.

"My enemy is not the average white man, it's not the kid down the block, or the kids I see on the street.  My enemy is the white man I don't see, the people in the white house, the corporate monopoly owners, fake liberal politicians.  Those are my enemies, the generals of armies that are mostly conservative.  Those are the real mother f*ckers that i need to bring it to." - Immortal Technique

Violent American revolutionaries crack me up. The civil rights movement in America is very serious, and the amount of racism I see there is frightening. But I grew up knowing South African revolutionaries. When they said the Man was trying to kill them, they were actually telling the truth. See, which makes your man there quite funny. It's like listening to a British 'gangsta'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Violent American revolutionaries crack me up. The civil rights movement in America is very serious, and the amount of racism I see there is frightening. But I grew up knowing South African revolutionaries. When they said the Man was trying to kill them, they were actually telling the truth. See, which makes your man there quite funny. It's like listening to a British 'gangsta'.

Dude immortal technique is so awesome lol. He's like some kind of central american heritage mixed with black and all he does is songs like that pretty much. I'm a sucker for good rhymes even if they are about things I don't really relate to at all.

Edit: And for a "gansta rapper" he's actually pretty smart. I'd imagine he's pretty well read for some of the things he writes about.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

He merely drapes extreme left-wing rhetoric in silky braggadocio... again... and again... and again. It's tiring. Plus, dude makes Jigga sound meek and gentle; he's ego spans galaxies and he's politics are so dense they go supernova*.

*Yes, I know next to nothing about astronomy.