How would you rate the NWN2 OC?

roshan

Rate the NWN2 OC - see post for details  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the NWN2 OC - see post for details

How would you rate the NWN2 OC? You shouldnt only take into account the OC itself, but other issues affecting the gameplay such as bugs, music, graphics, frame rate, interface problems etc. Replayability is another factor that should be taken into consideration. 10 is the highest score.

Edited by roshan

I'm gonna go with 8.

For reference, I would give a 7 to both KOTORs, a 6 or a 5 to NWN1's OC, and a 9 to BG2, Torment and Fallout 2.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

7.5. About the same as NWN1 OC; because while it's more 'fun' during the first play through; there is very little motivation to replay it. And, right now, I'm ticked off as I had uninstalled and tried to reinstall it and the game won't allow it so I cna't even enjoy user made mods and pretend work on my module.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Also voted 8. The lack of optional content and somewhat limited replayability (kinda ok to replay once, but it got a bit dull at the end and the third time is kinda boring so I'm not playing it right now) kept it from going any higher. But the first playthrough was a blast.

5, not taking into account engine issues, which I don't mind much. Thin, mechanical villains, largely static NPCs, a fairly restrictive feel. The Keep sequence was pretty good, though.

For reference, I would have given Fallout a 10, F2 and BG2 a 9, BG1 and Vampire an 8, KOTOR2 Arcanum and PST a 7, KOTOR 6, IWD a 4, Morrowind / Oblivion a 3. Them's the deal.

Edited by Pop

Not very replayable (I feel about the same as Spider on this point), forced party configuration, can't solo without hacking the campaign somehow, yet another Monty Haul treasure system.

Thankfully I still have the BG series, HL/HL2, and various adventure games (Dreamfall, etc.) to keep me going. I'm going shopping this weekend to see what other games there are that might be fun to play through more than twice.

Another 8 here. I felt that the experience I had with the NWN2 official campaign was worth a solid 8. It had a good length to it and I thoroughly enjoyed my first two playthroughs and the portion of a third that I managed to complete after other games finally managed to drag me away.

I had a few problems with it crashing on me (9-10 times actually while using the beta patch), however only once did it crash before I installed the beta patch. I haven't yet gone back after installing 1.03 full to test and see if it is any more stable on my machine. I'm willing to attribute the vast majority of my serious problems to the beta so I ignored those for the msot part in my score.

Had a pretty poor framerate, but considering my computer only met about half of the minimum specs I was quite pleased actually. It was still playable on my system as long as I managed to steer clear of major spell battles. Mostly accomplished by dealing with only melee fighters in my party for much of the game.

I can definately see myself coming back to play this game in the future. Similar to Pidesco I have scores for other games listed as reference points.

Kotor 1+2: Both get a 7.

Neverwinter Nights 1 OC: This get's a 4. It ran much better than NWN2, but IMO it was soo boring I could barely bring myself to complete it once.

Baldur's Gate 2: Definately a 9. Most played RPG in my collection.

Fallout 1+2: Another 8. I like the fire dance. :rolleyes:

Oh? We're playing this game now?

BL - 8

F02 - 9.5

BG1 - 9

KOTOR - 7.5

PST - 8.2

BG2 - 9.5

Arcanum - 8.5

TOEE - 6

FO1 - 9

JE - 9

KOTOR2 - 7.2

NWN2 - 7.7

NWN1 - 7.5

G3 - 7 (final rating may drop or increase if I ever bother to play it again)

ES series games - 3 or lower

Here are my game ratings:

Planescape Torment - 9.5 (Almost Perfect)

Fallout 2, Icewind Dale - 8 (Very Good)

Baldurs Gate - 7 (Good)

Baldurs Gate 2, Icewind Dale 2 - 6 (Average)

Neverwinter Nights Expansion Packs, KOTOR - 5 (Borderline)

Neverwinter Nights 2 - 4 (Pretty Bad)

Neverwinter Nights OC, Temple of Elemental Evil, Arcanum - 3 (Garbage)

Lionheart - 1 (Used Toilet Paper)

All in all I think NWN2 has been one of the worst RPGs Ive ever played.

If you don't like NWN2 then why keep making and participating in NWN2 threads?

Makes. No. Sense.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

If you don't like NWN2 then why keep making and participating in NWN2 threads?

Makes. No. Sense.

Because I spent 40 pounds on it and I am trying to "recover" the money that I wasted on NWN2 by entertaining myself by posting on these forums about NWN2. Had NWN2 been a decent game, I would be playing it instead.

And Volourn has a good point.

Yes, but I have learned from my mistakes. Mostly. Besides, do you really want to be like me, Roshan?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Roshan, that's a silly reason. You aren't gonna 'recover' your money no matter how mcuh you whine on the baords. If that was the case, i might as well go over to the ES series and start whining about those games. But, I don't, because duh duh duh; I don't liekt hsoe games and no matter how much I whine it's not gonna make me like them any more, make any one like them less, or 'recover' my money.

Youa ren't accomplishing *anything* by going on, and on, and on about how crappy you think NWN2 is. Believe me, if anyone has any right to whine about beings ceewed by NWN2 it's me since the game no longer wnats to install. R00fles!

Sand, Roshan has his own problems to deal with plus liek you said, you've been more relaxed of late. Youa re cool either way to me. :joy:

Thanks, Volourn. I think. :rolleyes:

:aiee:

Sucks that it won't load for you. Is it the SecuROM bull messing things up?

All flaming aside, this thread is pretty pointless. 99.9% of people here aren't even going to consider going below 8. This is the Obsidian forum, after all. People who come here to disapprove of what the board is about (Obsidian games) by and large are called "trolls". You either like the game, or you don't say anything, or at the very least you have to be willing to kiss Obsidian's ass while you voice your disapproval.

You might as well go to the Jimmy Dean boards and make a thread rating the deliciousness of sausage from 1-10.

Edited by Pop

I have no clue. It gets to the end of the install process, and then brags about some sort of error. Kinda funny since while I played the game I hardly had any bugs at all. *shrugs*

Roshan, that's a silly reason. You aren't gonna 'recover' your money no matter how mcuh you whine on the baords. If that was the case, i might as well go over to the ES series and start whining about those games. But, I don't, because duh duh duh; I don't liekt hsoe games and no matter how much I whine it's not gonna make me like them any more, make any one like them less, or 'recover' my money.

Youa ren't accomplishing *anything* by going on, and on, and on about how crappy you think NWN2 is. Believe me, if anyone has any right to whine about beings ceewed by NWN2 it's me since the game no longer wnats to install. R00fles!

Sand, Roshan has his own problems to deal with plus liek you said, you've been more relaxed of late. Youa re cool either way to me. :joy:

I am entertaining myself through these boards instead of playing the game. Some of the enjoyment that I didnt get from the game, I can get by discussing it on these forums. So out of the 40 pounds of which the majority was wasted, about 5 pounds or so will be recovered.