Why "Obsidian?"

Capelworth

Could also be something as simple as a word association. Obsidian = black rock = Black Isle. Wonder if I will get a warning from the moderators for doing word associations :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Obsidian comes from the Obsidian Earring that the Nameless One used in PS:T. Rumor has it it was based on one of Feargus' secrets (wearing earrings).

>.>

<.<

Well I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Obsidian comes from the Obsidian Earring that the Nameless One used in PS:T. Rumor has it it was based on one of Feargus' secrets (wearing earrings).

>.>

<.<

Well I?m glad it was based of Feargus? earring, because I heard the other option was naming the company off the pet name Feargus? gives to his belly button. :lol:

Now that was lecherous...

• 3 weeks later...
Obsidians not a bad name though.

Shame the image on their homepage looks like a bloodclot.

yeah, I've noticed that depending on the monitor I'm viewing it from it really changes in how great it looks...or how totally discusting.

Obsidian is black and hard!

Who chose that name?

Sometimes. and sometimes it is red, and others it is a nice rainbow color. Growing up, I had thought it was always red, because that is the color of most of the arrowheads that I would find.

Obsidians not a bad name though.

Shame the image on their homepage looks like a bloodclot.

yeah, I've noticed that depending on the monitor I'm viewing it from it really changes in how great it looks...or how totally discusting.

I have honestly never seen a more boring and negligible logo. Maybe they thought that making it the worst logo there is would make it easily recognizable.

I think the logo on the main site looks like something from Alien.

Yeah, and Troika sucks.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I think the logo on the main site looks like something from Alien.

Yeah, and Troika sucks.

yeah, it does, and that is what I first thought of. but my computer at home is darker than the one at school, and at school it looks much nicer.

Who chose that name?

Sometimes. and sometimes it is red, and others it is a nice rainbow color.

...ye've been doin' some strange things wit' it, then... :(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I hear the word colored a lot.

Ex. "The house is colored red"

Racist pig.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta