What are you playing now?

Darque

I'm playing Gears of War.  I played the campaign for a bit, and it seemed solid enough.  I hope it's not too long, because I tend to lose interest in shooting stuff over and over and over again.  I also played the MP for a bit, and that was a blast.  It's a pretty quick game and there's a decent bit of strategy.  I went 2-10, so I have a lot to learn.  At least I got to chainsaw one guy.

The campaign's fairly short. If you have someone you can coop with, go for it. Coop is awesome.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Silent Hill :blink:

I'll probably play all 4 in order. :)

Good luck! I've tried, oh god I've tried. I have all of them sitting at my apartment and I've at least played each of them, just never finished. Heck, for 1,3, and 4 I haven't even saved.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Good luck! I've tried, oh god I've tried. I have all of them sitting at my apartment and I've at least played each of them, just never finished. Heck, for 1,3, and 4 I haven't even saved.

Really? Why?

I've beaten all 4 before, just never in an ordered set like I have with Resident Evil.

I'm trying to get the Silent Hill collection. Unfortunately, this edition does not seem to feature the original which is what I was really looking forward to get.

Ack, that's the best one. :)

Do you have a Playstation? You could always get the old PS1 version. :)

Really? Why?

I've beaten all 4 before, just never in an ordered set like I have with Resident Evil.

I don't handle stress very well. I can't play horror games for long stretches of time. When I played 2 I was on a good roll and could have beaten it, but got sidetracked. 1,3, and 4 I only played to "try them out" and was too scared to continue.

In response to the topic, I'm currently playing.

NWN2 Toolset

Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption

Battlefield 2142

Final Fantasy XII

Occasional bouts of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

I'm also reading The Silent Blade by R.A. Salvatore.

And watching Firefly. After which I'll probably watch Farscape in its entirety.

Edited by Tale

I'm still building houses in Sims2. I'm not actually playing Sims2. Just building houses...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I forget, do Resident Evil games have any story continuity between them? I've never played any of them since I don't have the system for them, but I might RE5 since it's coming out on 360 (and I might RE4 once I get a Wii).

In any case, RE5 news:

Capcoms resident Evil 5 (PS3, Xbox 360) will come most likely 2008 on the market. That said producer June to Takeuchi in the Famitsu Xbox 360. According to Takeuchi Capcom wants to bring the picture rate on 60 fps.

The environments in resident Evil 5 should be more interactive than in the predecessors. In addition cold weather and heat should be very important components of the play mechanics.

With the engine it is to be graphically possible that one provides the Polygon face of a character with some muscles, so that very realistic face expressions and animations are possible. Likewise the hair is to be extremely realistically modelled, by the root up to the point.

Hadescopy.jpg

I forget, do Resident Evil games have any story continuity between them? I've never played any of them since I don't have the system for them, but I might RE5 since it's coming out on 360 (and I might RE4 once I get a Wii).

In any case, RE5 news:

Capcoms resident Evil 5 (PS3, Xbox 360) will come most likely 2008 on the market. That said producer June to Takeuchi in the Famitsu Xbox 360. According to Takeuchi Capcom wants to bring the picture rate on 60 fps.

The environments in resident Evil 5 should be more interactive than in the predecessors. In addition cold weather and heat should be very important components of the play mechanics.

With the engine it is to be graphically possible that one provides the Polygon face of a character with some muscles, so that very realistic face expressions and animations are possible. Likewise the hair is to be extremely realistically modelled, by the root up to the point.

And here I had a friend swearing Capcom gave Nintendo RE exclusivity (something which was claimed before but backed out on).

Ack, that's the best one. ;)

Do you have a Playstation? You could always get the old PS1 version. :)

I had one... Right until Symphony of the Night, even. After a while the lack of games that interested me was almost non-existent, so I sold it off. I do have a PS2 though so running SH1 on it should be fine, except most places I turn to people tend to overprice the game (like SotN, which is usually at 200+ euros). I'll keep tracking it down, though. After all I've waited to get my hands on an official version of Wizardry 8 for years and I managed to get one just in time for the short Codex retrospective I did on it, so not all is lost. :lol:

I don't handle stress very well.  I can't play horror games for long stretches of time.  When I played 2 I was on a good roll and could have beaten it, but got sidetracked.  1,3, and 4 I only played to "try them out" and was too scared to continue.

Ah, I see. :)

Well.... kinda.

From Zero to Code Veronica is pretty much one arc. With RE4 a new story with old characters. RE5 is tied to all of them from what I've heard.

There will be a RE for the Wii though that has parts from the first four "numbered" games that's supposed to contain and enchance the whole story.

I had one... Right until Symphony of the Night, even. After a while the lack of games that interested me was almost non-existent, so I sold it off. I do have a PS2 though so running SH1 on it should be fine, except most places I turn to people tend to overprice the game (like SotN, which is usually at 200+ euros). I'll keep tracking it down, though. After all I've waited to get my hands on an official version of Wizardry 8 for years and I managed to get one just in time for the short Codex retrospective I did on it, so not all is lost. :)

200 Euros? :lol: Whoa, that's a lot ;)

If you've got a good comp, I guess you could always get a NA version (which would probably be cheaper) and play it via Emulator. :ph34r:

Or if you have a 360, SotN will be released early next year via Xbox Live Arcade.

To be on-topic, I got Castlevania Portrait of Ruin this week. Awesome game. I got the preorder package which includes a soundtrack CD with tracks from apparently all previous Castlevania titles, an art book, a stylus, a gamecase, a poster. It's pretty neat. Though, aside from this, the only other title I've played was Dawn of Sorrow, so most of this is over my head.

Hadescopy.jpg

In any case, RE5 news:

And here I had a friend swearing Capcom gave Nintendo RE exclusivity (something which was claimed before but backed out on).

I believe your friend was right. Some bigwig at Capcom quit in protest when RE4 was ported to the PS2, because of said Nintendo exclusivity.

Shame, too. If RE4 had stayed GC exclusive, it would have actually made the GameCube a half-decent choice when considering what console you wanted to buy.

Superman Returns on the 360. It's nothing too impressive so far. Even the graphics aren't all that and a bag of chips. I think I still like the Spiderman movie games better, but I'll give this more of a chance a bit later on.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Diablo 2 (LoD) and Diablo - age old favorites, though now somewhat modified with things like infinite stashes, capped monster resistances, no experience at death, reasonable rune-drop odds, and much, much more. I get full ladder benefits while playing singleplayer, plus stuff you'll never find on B.net, like Tempered Items which have dark green descriptions and can only be created/upgraded in the Horadric Cube.

Good times. :bat:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I believe your friend was right. Some bigwig at Capcom quit in protest when RE4 was ported to the PS2, because of said Nintendo exclusivity.

Shame, too. If RE4 had stayed GC exclusive, it would have actually made the GameCube a half-decent choice when considering what console you wanted to buy.

no, not really.

Mikami moved to clover, which was a Capcom owned company... it's like saying you're moving out an apartment complex... then move into the apartment across the hall. :p

He also said he'd decapitate himself if RE4 went to the PS2. :)

Capcom's only real mistake about RE4 was anouncing the port "before" the GC version was released. :bat:

no, not really.

Mikami moved to clover, which was a Capcom owned company... it's like saying you're moving out an apartment complex... then move into the apartment across the hall. :p

He also said he'd decapitate himself if RE4 went to the PS2. :)

Capcom's only real mistake about RE4 was anouncing the port "before" the GC version was released. :bat:

Ya ya, that's the one. But will he be working on future REs, is the question?