NWN2: Toolset Creations

Oerwinde

it does... sometimes. Sometimes you have to select something a second time to be able to delete it. Its annoying.

Almost as annoying as clicking on something and dragging it to move it, only to draw a box because you were one pixel away from where you were sposed to click. Also a note: Turning off Tree selection is your friend. The bounding boxes for those things are huge.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

jorian:

"Can you help me how to create prestige classes?  :rolleyes:

Please?  -_-"

I haven't done any prestige classes yet but would be happy to try to help you. Have you checked out the classes.2da file? Do you know how to make just a regular class?

I have to warn you, they haven't supported custom spellcasting classes as of yet but talk on the BioBoard suggests they may do so in the future. If you want to do a unique spellcasting prestige class, you'll have to wait for them to implement a few changes.

Thanks, does Red Wizard count now as 'unique'? :ermm:

IB1OsQq.png

By 'unique' I assume Maria meant making a new prestige class that can cast spells. Or maybe just ones with its own spell pool, so it really depends. Altohugh I don't see logically why you wouldn't be able to do that.

I guess I'll know more when my toolset works, huh.

So I started creating my custom classes. Made them selectable and reference their custom clothing in the character creation screen. The names are "Bad Resref" though.

I wish there was a way to copy and paste entire rows in the toolset 2da editor though.

Also, would it be possible to make a class unselectable except for at 1st level? Mages are pretty much outlawed in my world unless they're trained members of the Spellswords, and they pretty much have to operate under the rules of the order, so I want to make sure that mages can't multiclass except to choose the spellsword prestige classes.

Devastatorsig.jpg

First off, thanks for the awesome games, both my girlfriend and I were hooked into both of the KotORs.

Secondly, I think this about the right place to put it. Skeeter's Junkyard seems to be community-based general tech.

Now to the topic at hand.

I am a Games Development student, next year I have to create one big project.

And what could be more of a "big Project" to do a Total Conversion (in spirit only, not a totally new game, I'm not that stupid) of either NWN2 or Oblivion. Changing either from a medieval/magical old world game to something at least a bit more modern, if not post apocalyptic.

Oblivion has dropped out of the race for a few reasons, so my hopes rest on NWN2.

Now, it seems the community have nutted out how the MDB Files are formatted, but it seems no work has been put towards making an exporter.

So, this is where I come to you, hoping.

Is it possible that in the future you'll make an MDB exporter available?

Or even just some (more?) technical documentation about the file structure?

I guess this is the bit where I say see you later.

So, see you later.

Party Time!

:sorcerer:  :dancing:  :dancing:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I don't know for sure, but check out the Warlock.  It looked like I was unable to select any classes as a Warlock, but maybe it was an alignment restriction.

I believe its an alignment restriction. You have be be either evil or chaotic.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Any word on making custom races ... e.g. playable monsters?

All the info for the monster races should be in there. It should just be a matter of making them selectable.

The reason that I ask is that it would make it possible, considering custom monster creations, to build any world in one's imagination ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

jorian:

"Thanks, does Red Wizard count now as 'unique'? :lol:"

Sadly, yes. If you try to create any new spellcasting class, there's no way to specify what spells they have access to at level up. Therefore, they get every spell and power in the game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Oerwinde:

" I wish there was a way to copy and paste entire rows in the toolset 2da editor though."

There is. Just click the row so the entire thing is highlighted and hit ctrl+c.

metadigital:

"The reason that I ask is that it would make it possible, considering custom monster creations, to build any world in one's imagination "

Almost everyone I've spoken with at the BioBoards has had the game crash when they tried to play their monster race. I think the functionality is there, however. It's just we haven't figured out how to do it.

Darque:

" Hey, does anyone know if it's possible to make new Feats? You could add racial feats that way to give further customization."

From what I gather, you can create a feat as long as it does something the engine already supports. You could create a background feat that adds +2 to a skill and gives you spell focus but it appears that much of the feat abilities are hardcoded.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

...what happened to the Wizards fer quick item/creature/etc creation or the viewscreen ta show ya the final product; whose braindead idea was it ta leave them out??... :x

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Finally made it work so having a little lookaround. The camera movement is stupid and should have been arrow keys, but I can live with that. The toolset isn't actually that different or more difficult compared to the NWN1 IMO, in terms of basic activities (i.e. laying down terrain/placables, making basic conversations and scripts and triggers) .

The exception to that is the screwed up Undo funciton, and the fact that it takes me 15 seconds to open any property menu. :x

Okay, created some very simple stuff for testing, but I can't save because it says Error: Found ZeroByte Resource: Area1.git.

I have just a building and some placeables, a trigger, couple of conversations and related scripts, some custom-tagged humanoids. Any ideas what I messed up?

Sargallath:

" ...what happened to the Wizards fer quick item/creature/etc creation or the viewscreen ta show ya the final product; whose braindead idea was it ta leave them out??..."

Yeah, the wizards were nice. However, community members have created plug-ins that mimic the item creation and creature creation wizards.

RDR Item Creation Wizard

The Grinning Fool's Creature Creation Wizard

While I've had trouble using them, others have not. Check them out and see if they help.

Tigranes:

" The camera movement is stupid and should have been arrow keys, but I can live with that. "

Camera Mod Plug-in It lets you map the camera control to the keyboard.

Tigranes,

How much RAM do you have?

Also, the Neverwinter Night's folder it's saving to is in your My Documents folder, how much space do you have there? I created a rather sparse exterior area and the mod it's in is 13 MB.

Dark Raven:

"Thought I tried that and it was still greyed out. I'll try it again."

I just tried it with Chain Boots. A new, bolded instance of Chain Boots appeared at the end of the Armor -> Boots menu and I could edit its properties.

1.5gb ram, and i have 12.5gb left.

Yep, it keeps happening. Firstly, toolset can hang really bad when I'm closing script editors of all th ings (opening is fine). The modules can also save fine when I don't have any custom scripts / conversations, but after that it gets this kind of error, I can't save, and the savefile is corrupted (i.e. missing all placeables/creatures or not loading);

post-150-1164257565_thumb.jpg

Anyway,f rom what I've seen, toolset looks good and not as overwhelming as I'd feared. With that camera plugin it should get better.

Terrain is stupid though, the fact that if you place one terrain texture over the other, they dilute each other and unless you remember the texture name so that you can use the Replace function, it's gonna look like a load of hookie.

Edited by Tigranes