NWN2: Toolset Creations

Oerwinde

You can use NWN1 scripts directly. Some of the script commands might have been slightly changed, but it should be intact for the most part.

Heck, you can import NWN1 mods and the scripts/dialogues will be imported. You can also use script generators already made for NWN1. Great tool for beginners http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Ideas.Detail&id=2

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Drow are overdone and boring.  :)

Anyway... on the topic of Hakpacks... how do you make something like that?

NWN1 came with a tool, NWN2... will either have a tool or it'll be integrated into the toolset, try searching round the NWN2 directory folders... :crazy:

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Llyranor:

"As for a hakpak, I'm not sure. NWN1 had an included tool to create such a file, as well as a hak folder in which to put them in. I see neither right now."

I have a hakpak folder. Neverwinter Nights II installed itself my games folder (where I told it to) and in My Documents. The games folder has the majority of items but the My Documents folder has my saves, the mod I'm working on, and a hak folder.

I see the tool to create efr files, that might be it.

~edit~

Oh, and I figured out how to make it rain. I wonder why they go rid of the weather system.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Just an update:

I see that the tool editor did not change the original .2da files but placed new files in the override directory in the My Documents folder. There's also an override directory in the games folder which I assume is for changes from Obsdian.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I found this online, if anyone is interested.

This person posted a short tutorial on how to make a custom class.

http://forums2.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=133

Cool. My campaign world is slightly different than FR so I'd need to come up with some new classes. If I could just rename some of the prestige classes and set them as base classes that would be cool. The wizards in my world have a strict heirarchy with 3 orders, so I'd want to have the basic wizard for the Spellsword Scribe, the Arcane Trickster for the Spellsword Emissary, and the Eldrich Knight for the Spellsword Knight.

Though there would definitely need to be some editing for balance and such.

I'd edit paladins to be more like divine champions too. No alignment restrictions, no divine magic, etc.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I found this online, if anyone is interested.

This person posted a short tutorial on how to make a custom class.

http://forums2.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=133

Just an FYI but instructions 1-6 aren't necessary. The toolset comes with a tool to open and alter the 2da files.

This toolset is surprisingly easy to use.

I've already made a simple map and building, linked them and then tested them and walked around in both. :)

While I'm sure it'll be easy to make conversations and the like, I expect my terrain to look... rather primitive. :ph34r:

Actually it's time to get a little more back on topic. :p

Placing containers and NPCs is pretty painless too. :)

You can even place creature items down... I'm kinda tempted to see what a Balor's whip is like in game. :)"

I found the conversation editor to be less simple to use. Likewise, creating original NPCs isn't as easy.

I'm still cracking away at the 2da files and making a mess of things. I've gotten the game to crash several times! Fun.

Planetouched are muppet races and should not be allowed to be playable races. Stupid 3.x rules.

muppets.gif

^_^

Scooter is an Aasimar.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Good news guys, from the BioBoards...

Custom TLK support in the toolset will be in the next patch. In addition, specifying string refs as hex values in 2DAs will also work. This works similarly to how it did in NWN1 -- flipping the high bit on a string ref signifies usage of the module-specific TLK.

The talk tables are indeed UTF-8.

Heres a shot I like. Makes my city actually look populated.

Its the temple of Reim. The people of Reimar are so dependant on the Reim river that ages past they began to revere it as the physical manifestation of a goddess. As the rules of my world deem that gods are birthed from belief, the goddess Reim was born from this. Its the dominant religion of Reimar.

I found the conversation editor to be less simple to use. Likewise, creating original NPCs isn't as easy.

Editing items and such isn't as easy either. Mostly because of the interface. In the old toolset once you had a field selected, you could easily scroll between appearances with the arrow keys or mouse wheel and quickly preview the different parts on say a weapon, or NPC head. In the new toolset you have to click manually like 3 times just to check each one. Its irritating.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg