NWN2 Content Discussion Thread

Lyric Suite

Well, I was level 16 as an Aasimar before being able to join the Neverwinter Nine, I assume the shadow thieves is similar.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Can someone tell me a bit more about those quest-related PrC? Are there only 2 of them? At which point are you supposed to take them?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Can someone tell me a bit more about those quest-related PrC? Are there only 2 of them? At which point are you supposed to take them?

I was allowed to take Neverwinter Nine after finishing the major event at the beginning of chapter 3. I don't know how it differs for Shadow Thief of Amn as I haven't played through that route yet.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm not done (not even close); but I'm level 10 and still in chapter 1. >_<

I have a question: How come people actually like a whiner named Neeshka when much better npcs are around? Heck, even a certain Bishop is cooler.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like her for four reasons.

Open locks

Find traps

Remove traps

And the occasional bit of humor.

Of course, I'm only far enough to have access to 4 npcs at the moment.

Edit: Oh oh! And the really cool Greatsword she "found" for me in the

warehouse

I wonder if that was an influence thing? >_<

"Open locks

Find traps

Remove traps"

True. These were useful; but I find Quara does a decent job opening locks. And, now I don't even that. And, traps, are almost laugbale. The damage done is neglible.

"And the occasional bit of humor."

Yeah; once and ahwile she can be genuinely funny. 99% of the time... not so much...

I like her for four reasons.

Open locks

Find traps

Remove traps

And the occasional bit of humor.

She's built, too. >_<"

The dwarf (whose name I can never recall when I'm not at the screen) is funny and yet sincere at the same time, which makes him more funny. His fight descriptions had me chuckling. "Wiped the bar with my face." "Introduced me to the floor"

I've only just met Elanee despite seeing glimpses of her since the beginning, but I already like her.

at what level is everyone finishing this game?

taks

I was a level 18 Aasimar Paladin when I finished the game. 19th level overall. >_<

How many hours did it take you to finish the OC? I understand this is going to vary for everyone, depending how you play the game. I'm just curious if you thought the game was too long, too short?

neeshka has some really funny banter with khelgar...

"oooh, me stomach feels funny" had me rolling...

anyway, i'm at level 12 i think (haven't played since sunday, fell asleep on the couch last night). just started act 2.

traps are actually deadly enough for lowly mage HPs, volourn. indeed i'm the fool for rushing headlong down every corridor, but hey, i've got places to go, baddies to slay, etc. >_<

i'm definitely going to play a different combo of NPCs next time, however. i'm also going to go about this differently from a plot standpoint. i've worked myself into some law-abiding do-gooder striving to join the 9 i think. hehe...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

"traps are actually deadly enough for lowly mage HPs, volourn."

I cna't remember her con score, but Quara is the one I got removing traps and when she fails; she pretty much laughs at them.

And, if you ar eelading your mage in front... well.. you get what you deserve.

I finished the game with most people being level 19 as well (I was a level 18 Tiefling). There were some things at Crossroad Keep that I didn't finish though, so I may have been able to get more.

As for content, I really enjoyed the game in its entirety. It had good pacing, and I found the Crossroad Keep stuff very entertaining.

I also really liked every single NPC. I thought they had good dialogue, and excellent banter with each other.

As for the quest prestige classes, you can get Shadow Thief of Amn significantly earlier than the Neverwinter Nine one. Though I didn't pick it because I had already picked Assassin.

taks

I was a level 18 Aasimar Paladin when I finished the game. 19th level overall. >_<

How many hours did it take you to finish the OC? I understand this is going to vary for everyone, depending how you play the game. I'm just curious if you thought the game was too long, too short?

I got it on the 1st, but didn't really start playing until the 2nd. I think I easily spent on average between 8-10 hours each day playing the game. So it took me somewhere between 40-50 hours to complete the game and there were a couple things that I didn't do and a few areas that I just ran straight through.

I very much enjoyed every minute of the game. I could easily have continued playing for much longer, however compared to what usually passes for a campaign these days it was a much appreciated change of pace to not be able to finish the game over a weekend.

Even though I could have contined on, I think the game was a good length for what it set out to do. :)

taks

Level 18 with a Drow monk, which means I got to 20 and pwned you all. The last level up happened during the last battle.

Edit: Oh oh! And the really cool Greatsword she "found" for me in the warehouse

I wonder if that was an influence thing?

You could say that. It's very possible that it was a reciprocal deal. She gives you a greatsword, and you give her a little bit of the greatsword :brows: know what I mean? :dancing: yeah!

Edit: Oh oh! And the really cool Greatsword she "found" for me in the warehouse

I wonder if that was an influence thing?

You could say that. It's very possible that it was a reciprocal deal. She gives you a greatsword, and you give her a little bit of the greatsword :brows: know what I mean? :dancing: yeah!

Didn't take long to find somewhere to use that smilie eh? :p

Neeshka didn't give me a greatsword. I could have used one too as I was still using a plain +1 greatsword at that point. :'(

Please, tell me who the romances are! I don't have the game yet, but I am going crazy trying to decide on a character (not big on replaying the beginning countless times, makes me sick of a game) and this aspect is very important to me, as I am a very meticulous player and thus don't replay much. I want to get some the first time through!

Oh, and is it feasible to play an intelligently evil character? Or at least a self-centered mercenary one, who actually profits in-game by such attitude? And which social skills are best for such? I was thinking about bluff and taunt or intimidate, but heard that it is actually diplomacy that allows one to successfully demand higher rewards? Seriously considering an evil bard...

The two romances I can think of are Elanee the druid and perhaps Shandra Jerro,

although Jerro gets murdered halfway through. I did not appreciate this, as I liked Shandra as a character and invested most of my lurv effots into her, and then boom she's dead.

I don't know about Neeshka.

It should certainly be possible to play an amoral mercenary.

Has anyone tried the Golem NPC? I am looking forward to including him in my party. But does it join late in the game?

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Thanks. But what about romances for females? And also - does Evasion, Uncanny Dodge and AC from Tumble stack with medium armor? I am thinking of a Bard in medium armor with 1 class of cleric for the armor feat, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge/Toughness and Divine Shield.

Wow :dancing: People are finished already? :brows:

I'm still in chapter one. :)

I "love" UseMagicalDevice skill. :)

I'm sticking to my Eldritch Knight... but for my next game I'll go back to a more usable warlock. :p

Being able to use other classes "exclusive" items look fun. :)

Another question: do you think it's possible to pick both Shadow Thief and Neverwinter Nine prestige classes or are they incompatible story-wise?