Volourn's Wowwy Journey With NWN2:Spoiler Edition

Volourn

Hello everyone, I was wondering about weapons in NWN2... What is better to craft a weapon from, alchemical silver or cold iron?

Which is the one that gives bonuses against undead?

Neither one. Cold Iron sucks. It doesn't even allow you to bypass the DR on demons. <_<

I just crafted all my stuff from mithril. Made it lighter so I could carry more stuff.

There is some uses from Cold Iron I believe, but for the most part, it's not much better than Iron.

I made a sword out of Silver, and then buffed the crap out of it.

I did make that full plate out of Mithril though, for obvious reasons :aiee:

There is some uses from Cold Iron I believe, but for the most part, it's not much better than Iron.

I made a sword out of Silver, and then buffed the crap out of it.

I did make that full plate out of Mithril though, for obvious reasons :aiee:

Cold Iron (in PnP) is able to bypass the damage resistance of evil outsiders.

What we need is byeshyk.

I believe that is what the description of Cold Iron says as well. Though I haven't actually experienced any of it.

Qara tried to melee me with her little staff and found out that the sword of gith pwns all.

Oh, yeah, and I meteor stormed her (rather than fireballed like I said earlier)

Meh, then I blame the AI.

I preferred Qara to Sand, and given that she's a sorcerer, it's very easy to make use of the metamagic feats. She was responsible for a large number of my kills. She killed the three dragons I fought, and had acquired the "Dragonslayer" ability.

Those crying about how 'useless' the Cloaks and allies are; try buffing them. I cast various spells like barksin, flame weapon, stoneskin, and the like on them. Great fun!

As far as I know, that's only been me. And I didn't really say that they were useless, just that my party was tough enough to handle the siege without them. And even unbuffed, not a single one of them went down during the siege engines or gate battles. I don't think they killed more than 5-10 opponents total during those battles either.

But I'm sure they can be formidable, but it would have been nice if having crappy soldiers would actually make the siege more difficult.

Does anyone know if you cna get Sand, and Qara both to stay? Is there a scenario where Jerro will betray you? Doubtful; but that would be cool.

What companions have others lost? Garious didn't even try to brainwash some of the npcs like Elanne, or Khelgar.

You only get one or the other in regards to Sand or Qara. Their dislike for eachother is fierce enough, regardless of how much influence you have with them.

I don't think Jerro can betray you, since that would kinda mess up the whole reason for him being there in the first place.

Bishop left during the siege, but at the final battle I convinced him to leave. It'll be interesting to see what happens with my evil character who actually has a lot of influence with him. Can he be persuaded to rejoin my side I wonder.

Apparently the Construct can betray you if your influence with Grobnar is too low. I think Elanee and Khelgar are always safe though.

Ore problems still. Now I am in Act 3 and my places to visit are limited, anyone who can help out the Keeps ore issues?

I think you pay miners to retrieve ore from the mountains... :-

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Ore problems still. Now I am in Act 3 and my places to visit are limited, anyone who can help out the Keeps ore issues?

Have you fought the luskan ambassador yet?

I was only able to upgrade my armor and weapons twice each before that encounter, and I found all the ore deposits pre chapter 3, except for one which I wasnt able to activate. At the ambassador fight you find the mother load of ore deposits, and I was able to upgrade both armor and weapons again. I dont know if a fourth upgrade is available for either armor or weapons or if I still have enough ore for it, but I will find out soon enough.

Edited by roshan

I was only able to upgrade my armor and weapons twice each before that encounter, and I found all the ore deposits pre chapter 3, except for one which I wasnt able to activate. At the ambassador fight you find the mother load of ore deposits, and I was able to upgrade both armor and weapons again. I dont know if a fourth upgrade is available for either armor or weapons or if I still have enough ore for it, but I will find out soon enough.

Three for weapons, four for armor iirc. There are three deposits when you do the dwarf allies quest which should go a far way.

One in the well in ember that can still be reached in act III if it was missed, another one in the Wendersnaven area.

Finished the game.

King of Shadows had an impressive model and vocie over. I do think it's hialrious how Obsidian used the final battle to show off the cool resizing addition. heh. Totallys weet.

Battle 1 - Fun battle, and most challenging of the three variations. This wa smainly because this form had the habit of portinga round and targetting the party wussies ala Jerro. He also seemed to hit my character's ac 44 pretty easy too. Heh. Took it out on first try though; but worthwhile fight.

Battle 2 - Oh noes! It's an army of mini mes! A long drawn out fight; but easy nontheless. Only the paladin kept taking any threatening damage simply because he still only had his original equipment. LOL Still fun.

Battle 3 - This form was a dissapointment despite the huge size. It's like he had a lower attack because he had a relatively hard time hurting my PC until it was too late. I systematically sent my other allies to break the statues and got Khelgar to destroy the port while my PC entertained himself with the KOS. Very easy, and boring.

Overall, the fight was fun. Not really a D&D boss since made up its own rules (other D&D games have done it too so no real biggy). It was overall fun; but not challenging sadly. I found three 3 Shadowreavers the most challenging of the three finals.

Ending was... interesting. I don't know why people whined about the voice over. It wasn't 'award winning'; but it was solid. My biggest beef was the music blaring at the same time making it hard to hear exactly what he was saying. Otherwise, it was ok.

Dissapointed that we didn't get a cut scene though where the joinables talked. The future scenarios were fun.

Now, to the oh noes BIG CONTROVERSY. The PC didn't die. The game can't be more clear on that fact except to say the following: 'The PC didn't die'. It's obvious that the heroes found a way to escape. So stop the whining. My biggest beef, however, is that the ending reeks of SOU. Still, I hope this means the first expansion will bring in epic levels (I'm no fan of epic levels in pnp; but NWN actually made them fun so I'll sure it'll be the same for NWN2) and we can continue to keep the characters. I'm just wondering how they'll write it since I've heard the 'evil ending' is wildly different. Perhaps, they'll have an 'evil and good' campaign that gives achance for evil to posisbly redeem or good to possible fall. Or, posisbly, even two seperate expansions (both adding new stuff as well). Who knows. *shrugs*

Overall, NWN2 OC wa sgood. My biggest beef was the FORCED npcs. I'm still trying to figure with Jerro was so important. I didn't need him to read the scrolls (Z did that). Heck, when I tried to use him for that he simply died. LOL I never needed to use the rituals either against the KOS (though I did spam them in the third fight for fun, lol). Only things 'needed' were Z for scroll reading and the sword which I learned quickly after poor Khel pounded on the portal for all eternity. Hehe. The game was also too easy and too linear. After all that, it might be eays to assume to think I disliked the game. I don't. The npcs (save a couple) were awesome, the keep was greatly done, a nd there was enough interesting quests and what not to keep one entertained. Though pretty easy, the combat was still LOTS of fun due to it being a NWN/Aurora game.

Overall, I'd rate it around 8 or so. A little higher than NWN1 OC mainbly because the NWN1 OC didn't do really annoying things like force npcs on you. There were times I wanted to throw NWN2 out the window. I didn't have that feeling with NWN1 though NWN2 OC is better overall.

Great fun. :joy:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You had the music on, which might be why the narrator didn't bother you. I had the music turned off long before I got to that point, so to me it sounded like one of the devs reading a script into a Creative microphone. I'm spoiled by the narrators for the BG series, the IWD series and NWN's campaigns.

There's more than enough ore to be found in Act 3 if you look for side quests that'll open up quick visit-once areas; most of these have one ore deposit in them. Nolaloth's area has one too. As I mentioned before, I finished the game with three or four extra ore deposits, and that's not counting the bugged, non-functional ore deposit in Logram's cave. It's a good idea to spin around when you first enter some caves, because sometimes an ore deposit will be right next to the entrance.

I thought the King of Shadows looked rather silly compared to his movie rendition; at least Ammon kept his appearance pretty much the same over the years. The KoS' shadow and greater shadow servants look more believable, with the shadowy fog that surrounded them. In contrast the KoS had a stark outline where his black body gave way to the background, with no blurring or fog or anything else. Sort of like a cartoon character. He also never creates his own weapons from shadow like he does in the movie, which would have been cool.

The only thing 'tough' about the battle with the three shadow reavers is that they had perma-knockdown every time one of my characters hit them. Typical developer cheese (helps hide their MINHP1 dev trick until you read the scrolls). I beat the fight easily by leaving the party back where the third reaver spawns. Once the conversation was over, I had my character high-tail it back to the third reaver spawn point. This left one of the first two reavers standing still in his original location, though his buddy gave chase. I immediately got Ammon busy reading one scroll targeting the third reaver while Z read the other scroll targeting the second reaver. Both fell shortly afterward. The remaining reaver was a simple case of rinse and repeat.

I enjoyed most of the quests, some of the characters, and definitely the keep. It's given me ideas for my own module, as well as a good idea of what the engine is (and isn't) capable of.

Theres a fight with the new ambassador in Act 3? No I have not done that yet.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.