NWN2: Forumite Impressions

Llyranor

:D I'm the same way :(

By the end of BG2 (for example) I had tons of spells... even those from Irenicus' dungeon o:) I kept saying, I'll save them for that "big" fight... but that fight never came because I wanted to save them for the next one. :(

:D I'm the same way :)

By the end of BG2 (for example) I had tons of spells... even those from Irenicus' dungeon :p I kept saying, I'll save them for that "big" fight... but that fight never came because I wanted to save them for the next one.  :lol:

i did the same in bg1/2, but in nwn2 i've just been chugging tons of potions in every fight. makes the game more interesting, only a bit too easy. i use my main char who's a rogue as a tank :)

I'd like to say: Holy moneysink batman! I've just blown through several hundred thousand gold. Guess where it all went. :wacko:

I think I might have to roll up another character though. I need to start a mage so I can summon those pretty, pretty fire elementals. Just ran into my first group of them and even with the graphics turned down as far as I can the still look great. Unfortunately even with everything turned down to the minimums I'm getting for the most part single digit FPS. I'm getting on average 8 FPS indoors and 12 FPS outdoors and in any battle with spell effects (oh gawd no!) it drops down to 1-2 FPS. Even with the terrible performance I was having a great enough time that I played until 6am last night. Didn't realize what time it was till 5:30am when the local TV station came back on. :wacko:"

My Aasimar paladin is kicking butt and taking names right now. One on one she can slaughter just about anything that I've run into so far except for maybe an iron golem. Ran into one of those earlier. My main character was the only one who could deal enough damage to get over it's DR. The rest of the party were basically just sitting there soaking damage for my main character. Kicking even more but now that I've found a Gemsword and I must say that I really like the electricity animation on the sword. Looks really nice. :geek:

Anyway, haven't had a single CTD yet. ALT-TAB works just fine here. Only problem I've had is once when I tried to start the game up and it gave me some weird error message, but the next time I started it up, it worked just fine.

I see you lurking JE. I have to hand it to you and your fellow Devs for keeping your cool at the Bioware forums. Being a Dev one of the requirements must be having a thick skin. I know I couldn't do it.

Good job to Obsidian and Bioware for creating a good game. It is greatly appreicated regardless on what you see there.

JE PWNED a whiner. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

My impression of this game may be a whole lot better if I could get higher than 15 FPS when I'm outdoors. This on a PC where I can get 40+ FPS outdoors on Oblivion. My specs more than meet the requirements -- Intel C2D 6400, 2GB RAM, 7900 GT 512mb, X-Fi sound card, 74gb Raptor HD. Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem.

Edited by Setzer

I see you lurking JE. I have to hand it to you and your fellow Devs for keeping your cool at the Bioware forums. Being a Dev one of the requirements must be having a thick skin. I know I couldn't do it.

Good job to Obsidian and Bioware for creating a good game. It is greatly appreicated regardless on what you see there.

...hehehe...Josh has lots o' practice at keepin' his cool (at least somewhat, I's seen him mildly flip out a time or two) on the Boards...in fact, 'afore his BIS days, Josh was once upon a time a bit o' a Msg Baord problem child hisself, if'n I remembers correctly... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium
  • Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Anyone who played through Firewine Bridge in the original BG gets a license to kill.

I played through it many times. :thumbsup:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Heh. Think never eneding kobolds... with super fire arrows. :D

I remember them. I think they were the reason that I never completed that area. Never said that I hadn't been there though. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I haven't finished Act II and I'm already thinking of my next game. I'm really tempted to just roll it up and start now, but I don't want to just leave my Paladin hanging. I'm thinking of going Sorceror10/Eldritch Knight10. That guy in the intro video made me think how sweet it would be to have someone who can lay the smack down with some huge sword while throwing around lightning bolts. It is possible to get the 8 Diplomacy depending on how you spend your skills/feats with a pure spellcaster.

For a build like that I think going with sorceror would be a better choice than wizard just because of the way you cast spells can be altered depending on your needs in combat. Only concern is that he would be kinda low on HP.

Arg, more I talk about it the more I want to try it. I'll have to go back to my Paladin before I breakdown and reroll. :ph34r:

^ About that

It seems the in game info contradicts the manual... so I'm guessing the in game info is correct.

If you scroll down the list of classes when you choose your first class you'll see what I mean. :)

Eldritch Knight seems to need only Martial Weapons proficiency and Level 3 Arcane spellcasting powers :)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than Diplomacy 8 ;)

^ About that

It seems the in game info contradicts the manual... so I'm guessing the in game info is correct.

If you scroll down the list of classes when you choose your first class you'll see what I mean. :)

Eldritch Knight seems to need only Martial Weapons proficiency and Level 3 Arcane spellcasting powers :)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than Diplomacy 8 :)

That's good to know. I can lower the intelligence of my character now since he won't need quite so many skills. ;)

^ About that

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than Diplomacy 8 ;)

:)

If that is the case, time to level up quickly.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Anyone who played through Firewine Bridge in the original BG gets a license to kill.

Hehe Firewine Bridge all those zombies, the bard, the boastful weapons master and the crazy lady ... that brings back fun memories.

No license for me though i'm an I.E. fanhead. ;)

Seriously I've recently been on the Bioware forums and some of the stuff ppl come up with as to what / why they don't like NWN 2 just makes me rofl.

Lolz at Volo doing crowd control on the Bio forums. I long since stopped posting on those forums.

Edited by Cyric

Bankai - "Zabimaru Howl !"

Well... seems I need a "critical rebuild" file that doesn't currently exist.

And so my experiences with Neverwinter Nights 2 comes to an end.  :*

Ya, me too. Can't patch up. Need crit rebuild.

I can't play the un-patched version either. I get a 0xc0000034 error message.

I'll wait 2 months, and come back later to forum to see if game is fixed. I don't wanna push my luck, and get any "curse of Pools of Radiance 2" thing.

Gatta get ready for the WOW expansion anyways. March I think.