NWN2: Major disappointment - Character creation

Riftworm

I think you're all missing the point.

IT'S A SPOILER FOR THE TUTORIAL.

Why don't you all come back and see me when you've dried your eyes and had a ****in' nap.

ussually the tutorial is the playable as demo for games, not a big thing to know about the tutorial :rolleyes:

And please, stop this shouting

IB1OsQq.png

IT'S A SPOILER FOR THE TUTORIAL.

Why don't you all come back and see me when you've dried your eyes and had a ****in' nap.

So? Your point is? :ph34r:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes, this is a thread to rant about the missing dial to adjust the boob size on female avatars. It seems to be of ultimate importance for young male players.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes, this is a thread to rant about the missing dial to adjust the boob size on female avatars. It seems to be of ultimate importance for young male players.

Not the point of the thread, the point that complaints about spoilers at this point are baseless.

Why does the waiting hurt...

Grrrr...

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

the problem is that most females (especially elves) doesn't look like females...

EDIT: or elves <_<

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Finally, someone who understands. It's good to have you around, Gorthy.

I love you, man...sexually.

I want the game, and it still hasn't arrived. I didn't even think of D2D when I pre-ordered.

The game sounds excellent so far, though the apparent shortcomings of the character creation system are a slight let down, and I can't wait to get immersed in the story.

Then again, I'm the kinda guy who plays female Night Elf characters in WoW because I prefer a chick's ass and chest bouncing in front of me than, say, a dude's. I'm shallow that way.

And, Pop's a jerk......in a good way.

Annnnd, Sand-ades is actually being one of the more rational people in the thread. I believe that's worthy of note.

Also, Lyr should be a game reviewer.

Also-er, I'd love to play MP with any of you guys, if you can stomach me constantly asking you for "h4w7 p1x!". Nekkid pix.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well, that is what I am striving to be. A more rational human being, with sprinkles. :D

Actually he was an internet personality whose purpose was to piss people off. I am glad that he is dead and gone.

Played a bit more, finished the first big battle in chapter 1.

ROFL @ (mild very early game spoilers)

Imoen wannabe trying to engage in a big mage battle and get murdered.

If they were poking fun at Bioware and BG2, GG Obsidian, GG.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Played a bit more, finished the first big battle in chapter 1.

ROFL @ (mild very early game spoilers)

Imoen wannabe trying to engage in a big mage battle and get murdered.

If they were poking fun at Bioware and BG2, GG Obsidian, GG.

as long its not the real one i don't really mind it, don't kill real game-stars :rolleyes:

...try to save her :ph34r:

IB1OsQq.png

Well, it took me about 1h30 to finish. Granted, it's way way shorter than that, but I spent a lot of time just exploring the scenery. The new heightmaps make the exteriors really nice, and the way the placeables are used made the only interior I've seen so far seem unique. Technically-speaking, it's not best graphics ever material - and it doesn't matter anyway since I'm running it on uber-minimum settings. From a modder's perspective, though, looking at all of this is a great learning experience. I wouldn't be surprised if I spend a lot more time on the OC than the average player, given how much time I'm going to waste analyzing the environments.

Gameplay-wise, there isn't much to see in the tutorial. You're basically learning the ropes of how the game works. NWN1 players won't have much of a learning curve to go over. I quite like the new interface, though. The free camera option is quite nice, and lets you move the camera freely, like in the old IE games. I've found myself gravitating back to the old topdown view, though. You can set the AI of your party members off, which was the first thing I did. Otherwise, you can set various AI options for them. Also, when you hold-right-click and make the context-sensitive menu pop up (akin to Fallout), you can choose orders for your party members (I don't remember them correctly since I didn't use it, but I think there were things like 'heal me' or 'attack my target' or whatever).

In terms of story, well, essentially, it's some festival, and you're out to win in various activities. The writing is quite entertaining so far. Not mindblowing or anything, nor is it supposed to be, given the setting. This is already more than I can say from many other games, simply from the tutorial. Some of the NPCs are quite nice - particularly the wizard dude. Talking a bit to your party members and learning a bit about them was a nice touch, in terms of getting to know your 'childhood friends'. It's a nice way to set the background, before the real adventure begins. Of course, it IS a tutorial, and I'm judging it as such.

I particularly like how choosing my background (mage's apprentice) put me in the shoes of the wizard dude's apprentice. It's a little touch, yet a very nice one. Having these little changes catering to your unique choices during character creation = rewarding.

The voiceacting is at least competent, though some could probably find it annoying or whatnot. I've found it from 'good enough' to 'fits character well'.

The music is, of course, phenomenal. But I already knew this from the preorder toolset.

Numerical ratings are irrelevant.

The only reason I've already got it is http://www.direct2drive.com

Can you bake bread?

And, Pop's a jerk......in a good way.

Yeah, well, being a counterphobic type 6 with a 4 wing on the enneogram, I can be hardly faulted for ruffling feathers. They don't call us Devil's Advocates for nothing.

But getting back on topic, I fully expect to be underwhelmed by the appearance portion of character creation. Damned if I'll care all that much, though. Hooray game!

Just cart your entire computer, hook it in the plane's power system, and play the game during the flight. :D

Well, it took me about 1h30 to finish. Granted, it's way way shorter than that, but I spent a lot of time just exploring the scenery. The new heightmaps make the exteriors really nice, and the way the placeables are used made the only interior I've seen so far seem unique. Technically-speaking, it's not best graphics ever material - and it doesn't matter anyway since I'm running it on uber-minimum settings. From a modder's perspective, though, looking at all of this is a great learning experience. I wouldn't be surprised if I spend a lot more time on the OC than the average player, given how much time I'm going to waste analyzing the environments.

Gameplay-wise, there isn't much to see in the tutorial. You're basically learning the ropes of how the game works. NWN1 players won't have much of a learning curve to go over. I quite like the new interface, though. The free camera option is quite nice, and lets you move the camera freely, like in the old IE games. I've found myself gravitating back to the old topdown view, though. You can set the AI of your party members off, which was the first thing I did. Otherwise, you can set various AI options for them. Also, when you hold-right-click and make the context-sensitive menu pop up (akin to Fallout), you can choose orders for your party members (I don't remember them correctly since I didn't use it, but I think there were things like 'heal me' or 'attack my target' or whatever).

In terms of story, well, essentially, it's some festival, and you're out to win in various activities. The writing is quite entertaining so far. Not mindblowing or anything, nor is it supposed to be, given the setting. This is already more than I can say from many other games, simply from the tutorial. Some of the NPCs are quite nice - particularly the wizard dude. Talking a bit to your party members and learning a bit about them was a nice touch, in terms of getting to know your 'childhood friends'. It's a nice way to set the background, before the real adventure begins. Of course, it IS a tutorial, and I'm judging it as such.

I particularly like how choosing my background (mage's apprentice) put me in the shoes of the wizard dude's apprentice. It's a little touch, yet a very nice one. Having these little changes catering to your unique choices during character creation = rewarding.

The voiceacting is at least competent, though some could probably find it annoying or whatnot. I've found it from 'good enough' to 'fits character well'.

The music is, of course, phenomenal. But I already knew this from the preorder toolset.

Numerical ratings are irrelevant.

The only reason I've already got it is http://www.direct2drive.com

Man...

Dude...

I think I have to postpone buing new computer and just buy ge6800 and NWN2.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Oh, and one more thing, any of you that wish to play the game MP, know how to get a hold of me.

The Omricon Neverwinter Evils shall rise again!

w00t

If any of you get seperated, or throw yourselves on an enemies sword at the most unopportune moment for no apparent reason, think of me and smile... :-

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.