NWN2: Major disappointment - Character creation

Riftworm

Damn you. DAMN YOU, LlYR!

*grumbles about not having the game*

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Its called multitasking. :(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well, it took me about 1h30 to finish. Granted, it's way way shorter than that, but I spent a lot of time just exploring the scenery. The new heightmaps make the exteriors really nice, and the way the placeables are used made the only interior I've seen so far seem unique. Technically-speaking, it's not best graphics ever material - and it doesn't matter anyway since I'm running it on uber-minimum settings. From a modder's perspective, though, looking at all of this is a great learning experience. I wouldn't be surprised if I spend a lot more time on the OC than the average player, given how much time I'm going to waste analyzing the environments.

Gameplay-wise, there isn't much to see in the tutorial. You're basically learning the ropes of how the game works. NWN1 players won't have much of a learning curve to go over. I quite like the new interface, though. The free camera option is quite nice, and lets you move the camera freely, like in the old IE games. I've found myself gravitating back to the old topdown view, though. You can set the AI of your party members off, which was the first thing I did. Otherwise, you can set various AI options for them. Also, when you hold-right-click and make the context-sensitive menu pop up (akin to Fallout), you can choose orders for your party members (I don't remember them correctly since I didn't use it, but I think there were things like 'heal me' or 'attack my target' or whatever).

In terms of story, well, essentially, it's some festival, and you're out to win in various activities. The writing is quite entertaining so far. Not mindblowing or anything, nor is it supposed to be, given the setting. This is already more than I can say from many other games, simply from the tutorial. Some of the NPCs are quite nice - particularly the wizard dude. Talking a bit to your party members and learning a bit about them was a nice touch, in terms of getting to know your 'childhood friends'. It's a nice way to set the background, before the real adventure begins. Of course, it IS a tutorial, and I'm judging it as such.

I particularly like how choosing my background (mage's apprentice) put me in the shoes of the wizard dude's apprentice. It's a little touch, yet a very nice one. Having these little changes catering to your unique choices during character creation = rewarding.

The voiceacting is at least competent, though some could probably find it annoying or whatnot. I've found it from 'good enough' to 'fits character well'.

The music is, of course, phenomenal. But I already knew this from the preorder toolset.

Numerical ratings are irrelevant.

The only reason I've already got it is http://www.direct2drive.com

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

D2D is evil.

I felt the need to interject here, despite my recent posting habits.

I find it rather absurd that someone that openly admits to buying a game guide, and prefers to read ahead so that there are "no surprises" in the upcoming parts of the game, is bitching and moaning about somone "spoiling" the tutorial.

And since I also used D2D and am currently installing the game, I will slink back into the shadows.

Good day.

I would want to play the game in SP mode first but still you have a very good point, Alanschu. Gabs is just being silly. :)

:)

When one has the game guide it does not necessary mean one is reading the story. There are other things in there like spell, weapon lists, detailed class, race descriptions compared to what is usually available in the manual.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

When one has the game guide it does not necessary mean one is reading the story. There are other things in there like spell, weapon lists, detailed class, race descriptions compared to what is usually available in the manual.

This is true.

I did the same with RE4 and Romancing Saga.

I used the lists, then read the guide's walkthrough after I had beaten the games.

"I guess they are the same as in the pnp book"

They aren't. Heck, it's not even the same as it is in the game! lol

I too have the strat guide and I have not looked at the walkthrough/spoiler section. That would be WRONG and WUSSIFUL!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.