Vampire: Bloodlines

Darque

He did seem more like a Toreador.

He may be good looking but he's not pretty like a Toreador. :(

What do I know :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2)The Warrens were a bit of a drag, both in figuring out the puzzles and fighting the monsters.

Yeah, I know what you mean, there's a lot of that kind of business later on, plus it gets all hack and slash on your arse.

Yeah it really devolved into a lot of hack and slash. Which wasn't so bad except that it seemed like villains were respawning all the time, which made figuring out the puzzles a bit harder as it was a pain to try and backtrack if you had to.

Ultimately I liked the game - I plan on giving it another few run throughs with different characters later - but I think the end isn't as strong as the begining.

Hated that my ghoul got killed and I wasn't able to do anything about it. And I think that sums up one of the things that ultimately annoyed me about the game; the fact that it seems like most of the game is about giving you the illusion of choice without actually making your choices matter until the very end of the game. It seemed silly to be stuck working with the Camarilla when my character would have probably ditched them early on.

Not saying it wasn't fun and I imagine the time it'd have taken to built up proper paths for all the choices would have been monumental, but ah well.

I did like Hollywood and Chinatown, although I felt like Chinatown needed more to it than there was. Seemed like there was hardly any side stuff to it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Look on the bright side, this gives you a reason to replay. ;)

There is that. :lol:

I'd like to change some of the ingame models for a subsequent play through, so I'm checking out doing that.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Just in case you needed it... ;)

I haven't tried this yet, but it seems to be all you need to know to make it happen. :lol:

For reference, and a question

Has anyone tried this yet? :lol:

Ok... I think this is how it would work...

If you wanted to change the main character to someone cool (like.. say.. Damsel :lol: ) you'd do this:

You'll need a tool called VampED, which you can get here.

Then you'll want to open and extract clandoc.txt from the pack101.vpk (and I think the VampED tool will allow you to pull out this one file)

Once you have the file, you should back it up, and then you can make the changes in notepad and then save them.

Clandoc seems to have all the file paths for the character models as well as the starting discipline info (possibly all info) for character creation.

So you could turn the female Bruja model into Damsel and then give her Thaumaturgy, Fortitude and Presence as disciplines.

NOTE: I haven't tried this yet, so I am NOT 100% sure this will work... back up your files and try at YOUR OWN RISK.

Finally a list of character models can be found here.

Edit: There's a more detailed list of character models on the site, but I can't seem to find it now. It might have been purged.

Thanks. I knew I'd seen it in this thread before, but I'd paid it little attention before as I hadn't been able to play the game.

I got VampEd and got it working, so now I just need to try it out. :huh:

A couple more game thoughts -

I really liked the voice acting; particularly Gary struck me as just perfect for his character. But most of the actors did a good job; this is one of the few games where I actually listened to most of the ingame dialogue.

The werewolf thing was ANNOYING. Easily the most frustrating bit for me. Particularly since the car didn't get back until well AFTER the timer had hit 0... :blink:

You and Hades/Visc/Sand/Whatever should start a support group where you cold talk about that particular awful experience :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well the first attempt I learned the hard way that you can't hide from a werewolf. The second time through, I timed it so that I would get to the car at 0:00 only to have to play run around a small area and hope for the best for a about 30 seconds longer. Thankfully I had extra blood packs and a lot of celerity left in me.

It is also possible to

kill it

, but I preferred the game of cat and mouse that I had the first time I played through it. It was the most satisfying experience of that whole scene. I actually enjoyed it, because it made me feel particularly vulnerable (I didn't find the game difficult), and it actually got my heart pumping.

I actually enjoyed it, because it made me feel particularly vulnerable (I didn't find the game difficult), and it actually got my heart pumping.

I feel the same way.

Unlike seemingly everybody, I didn't love the haunted hotel because I never really felt like I was in danger, unlike the scary levels in Thief. It was cool the first time around, but every other time it was just a chore.

And for the record Mary Elizabeth McGlynn has the greatest voice ever and when I grow up I'm going to marry her. :(

Unlike seemingly everybody, I didn't love the haunted hotel because I never really felt like I was in danger, unlike the scary levels in Thief. It was cool the first time around, but every other time it was just a chore.

I agree! :(

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It is also possible to

kill it

, but I preferred the game of cat and mouse that I had the first time I played through it.  It was the most satisfying experience of that whole scene.  I actually enjoyed it, because it made me feel particularly vulnerable (I didn't find the game difficult), and it actually got my heart pumping.

You can

kill it? Everytime I tried it didn't look like I was doing any thing to it while it was punching 2/3 or my life away.

I feel the same way.

And for the record Mary Elizabeth McGlynn has the greatest voice ever and when I grow up I'm going to marry her.  :huh:

I never felt in danger in the Hotel, but the atmosphere was just right (and I loved turning around and seeing

the man with the axe was behind me! OMGWTF! :(

And Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's Pisha was pretty well done. :ermm:

You can

kill it? Everytime I tried it didn't look like I was doing any thing to it while it was punching 2/3 or my life away.

Not with weapons. It's sort of a small puzzle (which you don't really care to think much about when running for your life). You need to get indoors.

^_^

Edit: Iirc, you get xp points for it.

Edited by Gorth

Not with weapons. It's sort of a small puzzle (which you don't really care to think much about when running for your life). You need to get indoors.

^_^

Edit: Iirc, you get xp points for it.

Don't you have to turn on the electricity before going indoors?

Edited by Spider

Yes. It is damned difficult, though.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Hated that my ghoul got killed and I wasn't able to do anything about it.  And I think that sums up one of the things that ultimately annoyed me about the game; the fact that it seems like most of the game is about giving you the illusion of choice without actually making your choices matter until the very end of the game.  It seemed silly to be stuck working with the Camarilla when my character would have probably ditched them early on. 

Not saying it wasn't fun and I imagine the time it'd have taken to built up proper paths for all the choices would have been monumental, but ah well.

I did like Hollywood and Chinatown, although I felt like Chinatown needed more to it than there was.  Seemed like there was hardly any side stuff to it.

I would agree with you, Amentep. It felt rushed towards the end, and very hack n' slash, and no matter what I did to make the Prince irate, the most I got punished was a few less gold and one less apartment...

and I was also fairly annoyed I couldn't save Heather if I gave her blood 3 times

... the game was balanced more towards evil than good, but I suppose it was possible to save her and it IS the World of Darkness.

And long time no see.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I did love the game. I was fairly invincible as a Tremere brawler/shooter

Edited by Krezack