Anyone looking forward to FF12?

Azure79

What, can't the rest of us do that too? :huh:"

Only if you're capable. :-"

I recommend to anyone who hasn't played any of the Final Fantasies before VII to grab yourself a PS1, PS2, DS, GBA or even an emulator and play 1-6. I only suggested it to astr0creep because he stated he's only played FF since VII. I'm not a psychic so I don't know which games in the series you have/haven't played.

Can't I get them for PS1 also?

Yes you can but the GBA versions have extra content and there aren't any load times.

What, can't the rest of us do that too? :-"

Only if you're capable. :-"

I recommend to anyone who hasn't played any of the Final Fantasies before VII to grab yourself a PS1, PS2, DS, GBA or even an emulator and play 1-6. I only suggested it to astr0creep because he stated he's only played FF since VII. I'm not a psychic so I don't know which games in the series you have/haven't played.

Can't I get them for PS1 also?

Yes you can but the GBA versions have extra content and there aren't any load times.

Thanks for the tips :huh:

Final Fantasy isn't going to appeal to everyone but it's far from being overrated.

Oh, c'mon! Millions of people swear by the Final Fantasies as being the best RPGs of all time. If that's not overrated, I don't know what is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Except your statement isn't exactly true. :D

Heja Sverige!!

Wait, FF6 is on the GBA?

Hmm...I think I'll pick one up and play it.

It's not out yet, only FF I & II, and IV are. FFV will be out for it the first week of November and VI should be out by January. FFIII is also coming for the Nintendo DS next month so if you grab yourself a DS/DS Lite then you'll be able to play FFI - FFVI all on one system. :thumbsup:

Final Fantasy isn't going to appeal to everyone but it's far from being overrated.

Oh, c'mon! Millions of people swear by the Final Fantasies as being the best RPGs of all time. If that's not overrated, I don't know what is.

It's not. It's good enough that millions of people swear by FFs.

It's the best console RPG series ever. The numbers show this but also the legions of devotted fans. Millions of them.

It's not overrated but I don't think it's undereated either. It's just nearly perfect in every way.

Except for X-2. :thumbsup:

It's the best console RPG series ever. The numbers show this but also the legions of devotted fans. Millions of them.

You mean like Britney Spears, or the Back Street Boys, or The Bold and Beautiful, or Friends, or the movie Armageddon, or Fast and Furious or Danielle Steele's books. These are all brilliant examples.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

My point is that regardless of the FF series popularity, it does not make them good games, IMHO they're some of the poorest of games ever due to the fact for the most part they're books with fluff.

I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree. Final Fantasy has some of the best story writing of any RPG that I've played, with exception of maybe the Baldur's Gate series. Gameplay has always been great, if you like turn based, and Square finds new ways to improve on it with each installment of the series. And IMHO no other game music comes close to the job Nobu Uematsu has done. Like I said before, JRPG's aren't going to appeal to everyone but just because it doesn't appeal to you that doesn't make it a bad game.

You mean like Britney Spears, or the Back Street Boys, or The Bold and Beautiful, or Friends, or the movie Armageddon, or Fast and Furious or Danielle Steele's books. These are all brilliant examples.

If you want to make comparisons, I would compare FF to The Beatles, not Britney. The video game equivalent of Britney would be more like Deer Hunter.

There are good JRPGs, it's just that the Final Fantasies aren't among them, except perhaps for III, V, VI.

Heja Sverige!!

There are good JRPGs, it's just that the Final Fantasies aren't among them, except perhaps for III, V, VI.

Heh.

Ya know, this is a "Final Fantasy" thread, if you don't have anything positive to add or you don't care for the series then why are you wasting your time posting here? Just curious.

Could everyone who hates/dislikes FF get the heck out of this thread. I sure as hell don't want any uninformed snide comments from you.

Capisce?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If you want to make comparisons, I would compare FF to The Beatles, not Britney. The video game equivalent of Britney would be more like Deer Hunter.

I would have said U2 or the Rolling Stones but The Beatles work! :thumbsup:

My point wasn't that Final Fantasy is the video game equivalent of Britney Spears, but rather that popular recognition means exactly diddly squat.

Heja Sverige!!