Anyone looking forward to FF12?

Azure79

There are good JRPGs, it's just that the Final Fantasies aren't among them, except perhaps for III, V, VI.

Heh.

Ya know, this is a "Final Fantasy" thread, if you don't have anything positive to add or you don't care for the series then why are you wasting your time posting here? Just curious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I was making a positive comment on the quality of three Final Fantasy games.

also, for the record, If I had a PS2, I'd be looking forward to FFXII. What I read about it sounded pretty good, and Yasumo Matsuno, the game's lead designer was responsible for a few of my favourite games of all time.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's not. It's good enough that millions of people swear by FFs.

It's the best console RPG series ever. The numbers show this but also the legions of devotted fans. Millions of them.

You mean like Britney Spears, or the Back Street Boys, or The Bold and Beautiful, or Friends, or the movie Armageddon, or Fast and Furious or Danielle Steele's books. These are all brilliant examples.

Exactly what I mean, popularity and sales don't make something good, it does make something successful, I would not question the FF series success.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I always thought FF kinda sucked. But then again, I've only played 7 and 8 a little bit.

I played 1-7, curiousity and such... JRPG's I just don't like in general, I just find FF series to be overrated... I could never stomach the combat which I have always felt to be poor. I never felt like I was role playing, but reading an average story with little interest to me, it just doesn't work for me.

I'm well aware that alot of people like the FF games, and I am aware of the reasons why people like them, I can see those reasons, but for me it's just dull, much as I have found alot of anime to be dull.

The FF series is what it is, but it always felt a bit too uninvolved for me.

They're very cinematic, and FF has been responsible for employing some very good story telling techniques, involving emotional involvement.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

No, it's true. I've been saying it for years!

btw, Overrated does not mean I dislike them either.

btw, On topic, I bought FF12 since I have one day to wait for NWN2. Amazingly enough, it was $15 cheaper than NWN2 was.

Got the NWN2 strategy guide though I'll ignore the spoilers section 'til I'm done. Got it for character creation stuff.

The FF12 guide has gots to be the biggest strategy guide ever. Or one of them.

WOWSERS! :rolleyes:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No, it's true. I've been saying it for years!

btw, Overrated does not mean I dislike them either.

btw, On topic, I bought FF12 since I have one day to wait for NWN2. Amazingly enough, it was $15 cheaper than NWN2 was.

Got the NWN2 strategy guide though I'll ignore the spoilers section 'til I'm done. Got it for character creation stuff.

The FF12 guide has gots to be the biggest strategy guide ever. Or one of them.

WOWSERS! :rolleyes:

Really now.... So basically you're saying KOTOR is overrated because????

Really Volo, KOTOR isn't even in the same region as uber series like GTA & FF.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

KOTOR is overrated because it cosntnatly got scores of 90%+, won a billion awards, is con sidered one of the best RPGs of alll times, and people still **** over it. It doesn't deserve all that. That's the very defintion of overrated.

The KotOR series is awesome, relatively speaking. But when you look at the way the fanbois/gurls worship it like it's the best thing since sliced bread, then yeah, it's overrated. Then again there's simply no phenomenon in existence more annoying than squealing KotOR fanboi/gurls, so it can be hard to differentiate whether the game is not what it's hyped up to be, or whether it's the cringe worthy fan base which is at fault.

Incidentally Volo, what are your first impressions of FF12? I too have bought it ($15 dollars cheaper and shrink wrapped no less!) but I probably won't end up playing it fro a looong time, since I might find difficulty in turning my attention away from NWN2.

manthing2.jpg

I ahven't played it yet. I'm waiting impatiently for some NWN2 reviews from avrious sites. I mean geez... Usually, one of the major site swould have a review up by now! Ugh.

I'll post some thought later tonight most likely. :o

I went to pick up my copy at midnight from my local Gamestop and I wasn't expecting a whole lot of people to be there. They said be there at 11pm for the "costume party" -- whatever, I just wanted to get the damn game and go home. So, I show up at 10 minutes before midnight and there was a line of about 30 people or more. Unbelievable. I finally got out of there at about 1:30am and by the time I got back home I had to get to bed -- working on 5 hours of sleep isn't fun. I think I'll go home after work and start playing -- make my Wife take the kids "trick-or-treating" in the cold while I sit inside the nice, warm house playing FFXII. :p

Volo, did you get the LE guide or just the standard one? And I thought the guide for DQVIII was big.....holy sh*t!

For FF12? It doesn't say LE on it so I'll asume it's the normal version. I picked up the CE of the actual game though. I got the two strat guides since I like to collect them and you get $5 (20%) off them when buying them when you buy the game at EB (at least mine).

To compare:

NWN2 SG - 253 pages (good sized book);

but it is dwarfed by...

FF12 SG - 349 pages

FF12's book size is a little bigger too which means the pages are bigger, and they seem to be thicker which makes it look even bigger than it actually is.

For FF12? It doesn't say LE on it so I'll asume it's the normal version. I picked up the CE of the actual game though.  I got the two strat guides since I like to collect them and you get $5 (20%) off them when buying them when you buy the game at EB (at least mine).

Yes, I was referring to the limited edition guide for FFXII. You get the guide plus the art book in a hard cover casing. Pretty neat actually. It was $5 more than the standard guide.

KOTOR is overrated because it cosntnatly got scores of 90%+, won a billion awards, is con sidered one of the best RPGs of alll times, and people still **** over it. It doesn't deserve all that. That's the very defintion of overrated.

One question: Why the heck are you in this community then? :p

PS: Don't say becouse you love Hades, that doesn't work now <_<

IB1OsQq.png

"One question: Why the heck are you in this community then?"

1. I like Obsidian.

2. I like the KOTORs.

Once again, very clearly, stating something is overrated is NOT the same as saying it sucks.

Since i have a modded PS2, i'm importing my copy. Should be any day now.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy