NWN 2 Henchmen

Dark_Raven

being able to level your henchmen is important to me. i enjoyed building my party to my own specifications. if you have to exert a little influence on the character for class options, so be it, as that makes a bit of sense, too (i.e. they aren't YOU, just a friend).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

1. Don't speak with other forumates like this.

2. Judge is right.

1. ST*U

2. Yeah, he is being sarcastic.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

In order for them to fight each other they would have to have banters with each other that would lead up to the fight.

Or, you know, they could just spontaneously have at it. MCA doesn't seem like that kind of storyteller, though :thumbsup: Intra-party banter is pretty much standard for crpgs nowadays. Doesn't seem like they've been as narratively interesting as they were in BG2, though.

Edited by Pop

In order for them to fight each other they would have to have banters with each other that would lead up to the fight.

Not to split hairs, but your statement (about "banters", sic) is not inclusive of (physical) fighting, which is why I added mine.

No amount of post-fact revisions on your part will make that true. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So, I'll probably have a huge amount of cannon fodder available for the inevitable huge end battle? Cool.

I've always had a standard party I stay with the whole game.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That makes sense in my book. I kind of like it when you're forced to stray from your chosen running crew. One instance that comes to mind is the Leviathan in KOTOR, where the more plot-centric characters accompanied your PC, but you needed to pick someone who might have spent most of his/her time polishing the ship for the daring rescue.

Also, splitting the party in KOTOR 2 was a really cool way to force utilization of more NPCs while adding to the "large-scale conflict" feel of the endgame.

Of course, it would bug me if I had to use a character who hadn't built up any XP from adventuring with my PC. That wasn't a problem in KOTOR, where all party members gained XP whether they were in the fray or not.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

So, I'll probably have a huge amount of cannon fodder available for the inevitable huge end battle? Cool.

I've always had a standard party I stay with the whole game.

not going to happen in NWN2, ferret decided that you need to keep some party members with you on certain key points of the game.

I hate that.

It seems to be a pattern after KOTOR, as part of a programme to make characters more 'involved' in the story, and not just take out and shift around whenever.

I like the idea, but I thi they should prepare contingencies for whoever you choose to take. Harder, but more realistic. Probably too hard right now for the exponential possibility thing. At least in the current way party members do get a more substantial role in the critical events, I don't mind too much.

It's unneeded and poor deisgn. Plain,a nd simple. Both BG2 and PST managed to pull of great joinable npcs without forcing them on you. Silly KOTOR series, JE, NWN2, and DA!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.