TV: Heroes

Gfted1

I was wondering, how was HRG able to "direct" his thoughts to Matt? Matt appears to be only able to focus his powers on who he can see and by concentrating. HRG woke him from a dead sleep and did all his communicating out of sight in another room. Not trying to point out a plot hole, just wondering aloud if HRG has some kind of power too.

Its seems HRG has more insight into their powers than the "supers" themselves. This is evidenced by HRG's knowledge of Sprague's EMP ability before he knew himself.

I wonder if Hiro explored the alternate timeline, the one when the bomb didn't go off. Maybe Future Hiro is POed at Present Hiro for stopping the bomb in a different timeline?

Season 2?

Nope, it's been stated elsewhere in this thread that Season 2 follows different characters. What I'm personally wondering is if the second season introduces new characters or instead follows the "Linderman-Petrelli Mom" generation of Heroes in the past.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Wow, Linderman sure is delusional, isn't he? As much fun as I had watching the antics with Ted, Matt and Bennet, I kinda long for the evil HRG of episodes past. He was a damn good bad guy.

If you've read Watchmen... Linderman is Veidt. If you haven't read it, ignore what I just said and read it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm interested to see what Isaac meant about being a hero.

Well, he did tell Sylar that he'd figured out how to stop him. Hopefully they can get his comic inked and colored and printed and distributed in a week... :p

And I have to admit that the whole two timeline thing really has me wondering. In Cool (Future) Hiros' timeline, Sylar is the bomb. Yet in the current reality it appears to be Peter being the cause. Looks like 'Save the Cheerleader' is a bunch of dookie.

As for the showdown between Peter and Sylar, I'm content with how it was played out. Sure, I much would have rather seen Peter go all Cannonball and ram Sylar through a few dozen walls, but that brief battle seemed just right. It's not like we're going to see them burying each other in tons of rubble during a tk showdown.

'Sides, Sylars' Infinite Recall Girl abilities and pot melting powers don't seem that scary compared to invisibilty, flight, regeneration and weaker tk.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, I just watched episode 1 to 19 and I have to say I like what I am watching. I would like to see them use the same characters, those who do survive, in the next season. Hiro, Claire, and Mr. Linderman are my favorite so far.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I can wait til Monday. I got the new Doctor Who to watch. :shifty:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Wow. I had minor doubts as to why they'd throw a future episode in this close to the end of the first season. But that was a real eye opener. Dark Parkman was ubercool. Looks like Mohinder is basically always going to be

Sylars bitch

. I'm going to watch this episode a few more times before next monday!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I can wait til Monday. I got the new Doctor Who to watch. :sorcerer:

I prefered Eccleston, but Tennant is doing a really good job.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Future Peter is AWESOME.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Agreed. Awesome episode.

So, if it was actually Peter who went nova, why does future Hiro think it was Sylar? He was there trying to kill what looked like Sylar but Peter doesnt have the ability to look like others. Also, while it looks cool, why didnt Peters scar heal?

Agreed. Awesome episode.

So, if it was actually Peter who went nova, why does future Hiro think it was Sylar?

Because only Peter and Sylar know the truth.

In the original timeline it was Sylar. In the original timeline Sylar killed Claire and ate her brain, and well Sylar did his thang. In the changed timeline with Claire is alive it ends up Peter going champagne supernova all over New York.

I can wait til Monday. I got the new Doctor Who to watch. :)

I prefered Eccleston, but Tennant is doing a really good job.

Tennant was fantastic in the last two parter, Daleks in Manhatten and Evolution of the Daleks. Man, I think the Doctor is getting suicidal.

Edited by Sand

In the original timeline it was Sylar. In the original timeline Sylar killed Claire and ate her brain, and well Sylar did his thang. In the changed timeline with Claire is alive it ends up Peter going champagne supernova all over New York.

Time travel always screws me up but let me restate my confusion. In the original timeline Sylar did not kill Claire, Peter saved her at the highschool pep rally. We even see at the end of this episode (just before confronting Peter) that Matt delivers Claire to Sylar where he commences to eat her brain, so we know she survived both timelines until that point.

It was never Sylar who went nova on New York. Hiro only thinks it is Sylar, because that was the publicly announced "thruth" in the future.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

It was never Sylar, always Peter.

That entire episode seemingly set the future timeline to come about. Sylar never had Claire's powers, so that's not why he survived being attacked by Hiro. And Sylar wasn't the one to blow up.

Edited by Tale

The online comic that is part of the official cannon of the series says differently. :)

The online comic that is part of the official cannon of the series says differently. :)

No, it doesn't. Hiro says differently in the comic, but that's because Hiro doesn't know the truth.

Edited by Tale

No. I think he knows the truth but the truth is from his original timeline not one in which Claire is still alive and New York is still destroyed, but Sylar is alive as well nor does he knows the truth about the ultimately changed timeline with the younger Hiro can now set into motion.

Edited by Sand