What are you playing now?

Darque

I had to try the first zombie mission(Cragsleft Hammerite prison) a couple of times before I could get over the undead, but after that the game blew me away like nothing before that. Nothing.

Thief 2 was even better in many ways, yet the art direction and atmoshphere in Dark Project were so unique and rewarding that no game has ever felt better or caused such an instant fandom. RTW is near though.

What was your opinion of Thief 3, I'm planning on going back to it sometime soon just cos I want to play the Shalebridge Cradle mission for massive freakoutage.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Their 3d doesn't look too good, though. I like their 2d maps more. I'd have preferred they just keep to their old look and just focused on gameplay. EU2 is quite aesthetically pleasing, from what I've seen.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Q: Can my monarch command armies?

A: Yes. Every monarch can potentially command armies, though some are better than others. Unlike EU1/2, these will not be leaders defined in a leader file, but by making your monarch a leader their monarch stats will be converted into leader stats. However if your monarch is killed in battle as a leader, the monarch as a ruler dies as well.

Q: Did I hear you right? My monarch can die in battle? What happens then?

A: Yes, you heard me right.

Whenever a monarch dies, whether in battle or not, one of the following occurs:

• You may get a normal monarch. New monarchs are likely randomly (or atleast semi-randomly) generated, based on what Johan said.

• You may get inherited by a more powerful country you have dynastic ties not valid for player

• You may get a regency council for a few years where you have your hands slightly tied no offensive wars can be started, + other stuff not mentioned yet

• You may get into a union with a more prestigeful nation you have dynastic ties with.

• You may get a succession war fought over your throne.

Q: Will there be different types of wars?

A: Yes

Known War Types

• standard war As in Eu2

• succession war

Q: What is a succession war

A: When your monarch dies, if you have at least two royal marriages there is a chance to have a succession war fought over you between the two most powerful claimants. You chose what side to join. After chosing sides, the two claimants go to war (with the claimant on one side) to decide who will have the throne.

:-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What I'm hoping for is a much improved model of the HRE (partially as a segment of getting rid of the infamous "blobs" all over the map), a more realistic representation of armies (particularly size and supply limit, but also the fact that in normal weather you only suffer movement attrition, whereas in winter time they die like flies from just sitting around. There should be more variations in the impact of weather than just "dry" and "flat-out freezing"), and an AI that will actually react to something more tangible than some fudge "Bad Boy" rating when declaring war on people.

Add to that how I despise seeing Karelia end up in Turkish hands or Sweden owning Fez after peace treaties, and a bunch of other things and you know more or less what I gripes I have with EU2. Still a very good game, though. :devil:

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Well....maybe you're army sizes are limited as well?

I always thought it was interesting when a single province country had a stack of 50000 troops.  I won't mind seeing that gone.

Your own army sizes have always had limits, but the AI of EU2 wouldn't stand a chance against a human being without "cheating" with army sizes. So I guess the bottom line is, will the AI be good enough to handle its armies despite becoming subject to proper limitations?

I had to try the first zombie mission(Cragsleft Hammerite prison) a couple of times before I could get over the undead, but after that the game blew me away like nothing before that. Nothing.

Thief 2 was even better in many ways, yet the art direction and atmoshphere in Dark Project were so unique and rewarding that no game has ever felt better or caused such an instant fandom. RTW is near though.

What was your opinion of Thief 3, I'm planning on going back to it sometime soon just cos I want to play the Shalebridge Cradle mission for massive freakoutage.

It's a good game, but, don't get me wrong I'm still a massive fan of the game, it's gameplay just didn't stand up to it's predecessors, or even the later Splinter Cells. The story is great, their sticking to canon is impressive and the storyflow is awesome, music is beyond compare since they had Eric Brosius on board and the art direction is rich and beautiful, but the game itself is meh. I just couldn't play it like Thief 1 and 2. It wasn't even near as fluid and organic as the gameplay of those two masterpieces. And I really missed the huge open levels of them. Thief 3 just felt like a bad console port, no matter how much they had raped the Flesh engine to use shadows and their superior AI and sound system.

A real pity that, but what can you do. It would have been interesting to see Ion Storm's iteration of Thief 4, since they had concept art ready and that was some good stuff, but alas IS is gone now.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

debating attacking rome in Total war... I control the western half of the continent, have about 28,627 "men" under arms most of em are up to date... but the brutii are heavily concentrated and their military is equal to mine.l

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still playing Silent Storm. My character is around level 9 now, but it's quite annoying how he levels up. I get to spend one ability point per level, but all these abilities doesn't exactly seem to do anything! It's annoying that I have so far spent 9 points and nothing exciting has happened. I wish the abilities added something to the game instead of just increasing numbers behind the game. Like a new skill. Or a new way of firing my weapon. SOMETHING.

Also, the weapons are quite boring. They all have such similar statistics that I forget which weapon is the one I've chosen to use, so I just end up taking one randomly and go with that. It's not like the missions get any more difficult or easy depending on which weapon clone you choose.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just make a save point and ATTACK!

I hate having that option to save, because I always end up saving right before a grand-scale operation (though it's partially a safety precaution should the game crash or somesuch), which kind of takes the egde of the tension. Not that I ever go back if I fail anyway; I usually consider the game wasted and start over, so I suppose it's moot.

Just make a save point and ATTACK!

I concur .. the best defence is a good offence.. plus the arms industry will be incredibly wealthy and bring you ind a ****load of taxes..

oh wait.. wrong reality

well I tried that... only problem was that 90% of the brutii army as parked in greece on its way back to their capital (I think to move to Asia Minor and turkey. Plus as soon as I initiated my outlawing... three cities rioted one just outright revolted and went to dacia (starting a war with them) and the britons promptly attacked my northern provinces...

I'm going back and this time will wipe out dacia, germania (who I didn't wipeout... they somehow gained one of dacias territories while I was crushing their last two) And most of briton (enough to make them a non factor) which will give me enough breathing room to focus on Brutii... I also need to pull about half my troops in spain back (I've got about four full stacks there) to the peninsula and the other side of my empire... that or dismiss everything obsolete and spend about 40 turns just building urban Cohorts and archer auxilia...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.