What are you playing now?

Darque

I have been playing Half-Life once again. I think it's pretty damn addictive and aweosmely fun, although there seems little storyline to the whole thing and it's more blast your way through everywhere than HL2. Stuck at a stupidly hard part though, a huge alien that hears where you are and pecks away at you with a razor-sharp beak or something and totally owns you with it. Slightly annoying, but fun all the same.

I thought that part was pretty easy. It would have been funnier to try to dash between the tentacles while a cohort of marines try to kill the beast.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah I've worked out how to do it now, and i've been down and turned on the power so now I only have to go back up through the room and fry him (I guess), but with only 4 grenades and 2 levels to get up in the room it may be a little difficult i'm thinking.

I didn't use grenades much there. I think I used one or two. It should be doable without them.

But wait, did you turn on the oxygen input too?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Oh, ok. Just fry the damn thing then.

By the by, do you jump off the ladders?

kirottu said:

It would have been better if you could have just thrown rocks like in Far Cry.

Although an infite supply of small stones in a missile silo would have been kind of surreal. :D

kirottu said:

Yeah, but Thief predated Half-Life and you could throw anything from huge boulders to rotten heads to cutlery(that actually made more damage if you ran while throwing, physics and all, you know) and all reacted like they would realistically do. >_<

kirottu said:

<nitpick>Thief demo came out before HL!</further nitpick>

Yeah, it was sort of sad that the introduced themes(mission structure, store and loot mechanic

kirottu said:

There was a Half-Life: Day One demo. I don't know when that came out relatively speaking.

Though by the time Thief's demo came out, it would have been waaaaaaaaay to late for Half-Life to start changing things.

The thing about Thief was the supernatural stuff. It turned me off immediately.

Edited by alanschu

I had to try the first zombie mission(Cragsleft Hammerite prison) a couple of times before I could get over the undead, but after that the game blew me away like nothing before that. Nothing.

Thief 2 was even better in many ways, yet the art direction and atmoshphere in Dark Project were so unique and rewarding that no game has ever felt better or caused such an instant fandom. RTW is near though.

On Half-Life, I actually played the game for the first a year ago(not counting Uplink). I've been called biased on Thief games sometimes, but that's because I was always late on the train of FPS' since Thief took so much time. It wasn't effortless to let to go of that goodness for a bunch of tunnels littered with alien crabs or zombies. I almost always just downloaded a demo and got back to Thief once the wow-factor(like Half Life's triggers, Far Cry's jungles and water or IGI 2's sense of scale) waned.

I recognize the games for what they were though and how much effect they had on the genre. Or even gaming in general, HL was a breath of fresh frigid air on an indrusty spawning nothing but rts games and football.

I recognize

kirottu said:

Try them out and see for yourself is my recommendation 'Raven.

Personally I think they're well worth tryin gout, especially if you haven't really played much of that kind of thing before, and you'd be starting off with one of the best examples of the genre. Start with Half-Life one if I were you too, you'll see a much bigger improvement when you skip over to HL2 (although that might seem pretty obvious now). :)

I would say skip them and try Painkiller.

Gothical (with much more realistic, though, hard dark look than HL2) loads of blood and alot of action... makes it more similar to Vampires:Bloodlines (despite being a FPS to the bone) than Half-Life...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Try them out and see for yourself is my recommendation 'Raven.

Personally I think they're well worth tryin gout, especially if you haven't really played much of that kind of thing before, and you'd be starting off with one of the best examples of the genre. Start with Half-Life one if I were you too, you'll see a much bigger improvement when you skip over to HL2 (although that might seem pretty obvious now). :)

I may just have to give them a try then. :blink:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I would say skip them and try Painkiller.

Gothical (with much more realistic, though, hard dark look than HL2) loads of blood and alot of action... makes it more similar to Vampires:Bloodlines (despite being a FPS to the bone) than Half-Life...

I will have to look this up. Sounds like fun! :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Painkiller is one of the funniest games ever :blink:

Dark Raven: I am sure that you'll enjoy it :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)