What are you playing now?

Darque

I just got home from making a run to pick up Lego Star Wars II.  Color me anxious!

Arg! There is a more than 50% chance that my brother will be getting that for his birthday. Too bad it's not for 6 weeks. :huh: Must seek confirmation immediately...

At the very least I will have the oppourtunity to laugh at anyone who buys the 360 version from Futureshop over the PC version. PC vs. 360

And I'm now up to Episode 16 in N. 75 levels down, 425 left to go. :shifty:

Edited by Deraldin

I beat Half Life 2 Episode One. Anyone have any recommendations on something new? Maybe Oblivion, but I fear my computer wont run it up to snuff

I have a 3.4 Pentium4 Northwood.

1 gig RAM

6800GT

Will my computer run it at an enjoyable rate all the time with good graphics?

Are there any good Adventure or RPG games out there that are new? I beat hitman Blood Money also! :huh:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Oblivion should run fine on your machine. It runs adequately on my 2.7 ghz, 1 gig RAM, 6600oc machine at 1024x768. That's after the graphic tweak mods, too.

As for new games.... there really aren't that many new ones that I dig, personally. When I need a new game I usually check out old games. I've recently been playing a lot of odd Sega RPGs on my emulator.

I am hating Baldur's Gate II Throne of Bhaal.

Super high level D&D campaigns are such a royal pain!

I like it, but I also dislike it. They introduce god like items, way too many of them for one thing. Very strong enemies and demi-gods. How often does a party encounter 4-5 dragons in a short period of time and live to tell about it?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I thought they did a serviceable job. Have you guys played an epic level PnP D&D campaign? It's incredibly difficult to DM, because a 40th level barbarian will smoke anything, and they're insanely hard to kill without resorting to dirty tricks. I had to send my players through a dozen elder shadow dragons at once to get them to die. There was no suspense at all.

By comparison, ToB can be pretty challenging, especially if you're playing a spellcaster. I also like it because it was a fittingly epic ending to the Bhaalspawn series :D

Company of heroes even tho it's not supposed to released for another two days...

My gamestop had the collectors edition copies (I don't mind the extra ten to get it on dvd plus some extras)and when I mentioned it wasnt' supposed to be out yet they just had the little ? appear above their heads and wondered if it was street dated (like lego star wars two was... in that they can't sell it until the release date to give everyone an equal footing.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My favourite webshop usually does that too. Everytime I have preordered something from them, I've gotten it a few days ahead of the official release date. Basically, that's what I am paying for. Preorders in Sweden seldom give you anything else.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's not what I expected... resourse management has been taken from warhammer except that its not just one resourse from critical locations. each location gives you a different resourse. Most of the story cutscenes have the same style of Homeworld (it looks like it's a simple animated short) including the narrator.

It's interesting that they actually use the tactical map and what seems to be a grease pencil to show you your objectives and possiblities. Actually feels like your getting orders way back when.

The game just took most of the stuff they learned from Relic's two strategy games (Dawn of war and Homeworld) and made a very very good game.

It's not what I expected... resourse management has been taken from warhammer except that its not just one resourse from critical locations. each location gives you a different resourse. Most of the story cutscenes have the same style of Homeworld (it looks like it's a simple animated short) including the narrator.

It's interesting that they actually use the tactical map and what seems to be a grease pencil to show you your objectives and possiblities. Actually feels like your getting orders way back when.

The game just took most of the stuff they learned from Relic's two strategy games (Dawn of war and Homeworld) and made a very very good game.

What kind of hardware is one looking at in order to play this game?

2 gig processor

512 ram

a pixel shader 1.1 graphic card

and the game requires 4 gigs or hard drive space.

dang this game is hard.

I'm currently in the detention block trying to save Princess Leia in Lego Star Wars II.

You can actually pilot vehicles this time around. Sweet.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It does look pretty sweet... but suffers from what most games do in that once you get tanks the infantry are pretty much useless. Only problem I had in this screenie is that my base (which you can't see) I built badly so I couldn't find a place to put a tank depot so I wasn't able to use tanks... In the end Rangers with bazookas sufficed.

post-13853-1158185566_thumb.jpg

I'm playing Oblivion. The thieve's guild plot is pretty fun, and the main storyline is compelling also.

I agree with Walsy that there is a great lack of choice and substance in dialogue choices, but because the rest of the game is a big sandbox, it is excusable in my eyes.

As for the enemies leveling up with you, I pretend not to notice, and it works for me.

Playing this game brings up another concern I had though. Hades expressed it earlier, but basically I am wondering why the system requirements for NWN2 are higher than Oblivion, when Oblivion seems to be the more graphically demanding of the two. I haven't seen the action in NWN2 really, but I don't see how it would need more CPU power either.

If anyone discovers the answer to this, please tell me.