The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Baley

Like I said, Bales, I haven't listened yet so any judgment on my part is unwarranted, but the album and song titles gave me the impression that these guys were either smirking jokesters or highbrow noise-rockers.

I mean, The Difference Between Me and You is That I'm Not on Fire? Falco Vs. The Young Canoeist? It smacks of Morrissey or Belle and Sebastian. Eh, I suppose I'll give them a listen sometime this week and stop presuming I know what they will sound like. Besides, if they are taking the piss out of the indies, that's A-OK with me.

Morrissey - You're the One for Me, Fatty

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Like I said, Bales, I haven't listened yet so any judgment on my part is unwarranted, but the album and song titles gave me the impression that these guys were either smirking jokesters or highbrow noise-rockers.

Highbrow? Mclusky? Highbrow?

I mean, The Difference Between Me and You is That I'm Not on Fire? Falco Vs. The Young Canoeist?

Dude, the title's hilarious. And, sure, the lyrics can be showy, pompous and, like, 90% inconsequential|deranged, but that is so not the point. The lyrics are just there for a laugh, and along with the catchy, unhinged music (+vocals), make for a pretty fun band.

i can't do anything today i'm falling apart

i'm sawdust in a sandpaper suit

and the terrible terrible terrible thing

is the weekly laundry run

if you can cope in this hopeless hepatitis pissrag

molotov ****tail monobrow ****hole baby

then you can cope anywhere at all

holly worked the weekend and the weekend worked for holly

i must be levelling today i'm totally sold

there ain't no fool in getting old

and the terrible terrible terrible thing

is we knew it all along

if you can cope in this hopeless hepatitis pissrag

molotov ****tail monobrow ****hole baby

then you can cope anywhere at all

holly worked the weekend and the weekend worked for holly

mclusky - there ain't no fool in Ferguson.

---

And America still sleeps tonight.

I've been seriously thinking about changing my avatar to a photo of Gabriele D'Annunzio. I mean, has there ever been a cooler dictator? Poet, pirate, war hero, fabulous dresser, given the chance, he'd've probably screwed anything on two legs, an understatement, I assure you, the gent had nothing against cripples, nothing.

Blood Brothers - Burn, Piano Island, Burn.

Chigaco - Liberation

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Moonsorrow - Jumalten Kaupunki/Tuhatvuotinen Perint

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Total J

kirottu said:

Sorry, I thought it was written as "total" for a purpose.

Svenskj

kirottu said:

I recorded a song called Wooooosh.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Sorry, it was called "Wooosshhhhh"

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Gary Allen - Smoke Rings in the Dark

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Lounge Lizards - No Pain for Cakes

Tom Morello and Tim Commerford were on WMMS last night talking about the new Audioslave album. They also played five or six tracks from it. Most of them were better than the single in my mind, but still pretty much "meh." They're still not blowing me away. Although I hear Chris Cornell is working on another solo album. Euphoria Morning FTW!

Ahem...

B000002VSQ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Nerf Herder - Golfshirt

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I recorded a song called Wooooosh.

Sorry, it was called "Wooosshhhhh"

I once made (as in made with a computer program) a song called "Swooge". The name came from the acronym for Sensible World of Soccer - SWoS.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

The name of my song had no real significance.

Tom Morello and Tim Commerford were on WMMS last night talking about the new Audioslave album. They also played five or six tracks from it. Most of them were better than the single in my mind, but still pretty much "meh." They're still not blowing me away. Although I hear Chris Cornell is working on another solo album. Euphoria Morning FTW!

I loved Euphoria Morning! Yay!

Audioslave should go back to writing seperately. That's what they did for their first album and I loved that.

Still, Soundgarden FTW.

Currently listening to myself playing Soundgarden's Spoonman on my acoustic guitar. I never noticed how eastern the sound of that song is on an electric. Man, I want a Soundgarden Unplugged. :)