The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Baley

Hey, man, I grew up with The Band. They're famous. Well, at least I reckon they're famous. And Son House, come on, it's Son House, he practically invented the Delta Blues (with Charlie Patton et al), taught Robert Johnson and killed more men than any rapper today (1, in self-defense, natch).

The Band - Daniel And The Sacred Harp.

Now, now, gents, the only ones I'd call (really) obscure are the two live albums (Mingus at Antibes, Backwater Blues), the Against Me! EP and "Why Do The Call Me Mister Happy?", the rest are pretty legendary.

I could come up with a much more obscure top ten, for fun,

Blurt - Blurt LP

Alamaailman Vasara - Vasaraasia

Lukas Ligeti - Mystery System

Grupo Folklorico y Experimental Nuevayorquino - Concepts in Unity

Keiji Haino - I Said This Is The Son of Nihilism

Sergey Kuryokhin - The Ways of Freedom

Peter Br

You're right about Mingus, natch. The live album, on the other hand, well, I've rarely heard it talked about, though I see it's got a wikipedia page and quite a few Amazon reviews. Scratch it off the list (with your tiny porcelain claws), babe.

Tom Waits - All Stripped Down

Mother Love Bone - Crown the Thorns

NOFX - The Decline.

I'm pretty sure nothing by Against Me! is obscure, Baley.

Mother Love Bone - Crown the Thorns

I personally prefer the version "Chloe Dancer / Crown Of Thorns" because the intro fits perfectly and allows for much more build-up to the climax.

Also, I didn't say your tastes were very obscure, just more obscure than mine.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Whoa, since when have Against Me! been touring stadiums with Green Day?

I'm just saying, I know I haven't paid much attention to the "punk" world in a few years but I would still catagorize them as obscure.

Cake - It's Coming Down

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Really? Maybe they're just more known here in holland. I know a lot of people who listen to bands like KoRn and Linkin Park and throw in some Against Me! right there.

Which is also why I never checked them out.

Maybe I should.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Maybe they've infiltrated the Hot Topic crowd stateside and I've just missed it. That's entirely possible, because I avoid that scene at all costs.

Still, I don't see Against Me! fitting with those bands at all... they aren't nearly as accessible. Although they can be catchy occasionally, on As the Eternal Cowboy.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

The hot topic crowd here is much different. Half of them like Cannibal Corpse and Evanescence at the same time.

Something wrong with it? :)"

Currently listening to; Dream Dance Volume. 8

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Dude, they've yet to release their major label debut, they've never had a hit single (I've checked Billboard.com) and have, like, one video. I'm not saying they're obscure, but this EP is hardly famous. Plus, it has the greatest song ever written, Ya'll Don't Want to Step to Dis. You sure you're not thinking about Rise Against? Cause that'd, you know, make sense in relation to Korn, Linkin Park and their fanbase(s).

Against Me! - Ya'll Don't Want to Step to Dis

Here's a live vid,

That said, the 3 Acoustic EPs are pretty much the best thing they've ever done and the last album's pretty mediocre, some good songs though. Don't mind the fans (or ex-fans), they're the usual "You're selling out!" foaming at the mouth crowd.

I hope your mates aren't Rise Against fans, apart from sucking and sucking hard, the bastards also drool like lobotomized monkey-men after PETA's canker-ridden wee-wee of self-righteousness.

And I've just realised mclusky deserve a spot on any top 10. So, which one? my pain and sadness is more sad and painful than yours? the difference between me and you is that i'm not on fire? McLusky Do Dallas?

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

mclusky - the world loves us and is our bitch.

Goddamn.

I've promised at least five people I'd check out McClusky now and I keep forgetting.

Screaming Trees - Alice Said

EDIT: They like both, actually.

Yeah, my country is musically retarded. There's a reason our biggest musical export is symphonic metal.

Edited by TrueNeutral