You know when you have too much time on your hands

jaguars4ever

Awesome.

That guy that built it must've been a pretty big star wars fan to spend all his money on building something which looks so so familiar. Pretty crappy movement overall, speed that up and make it more fluid and yuo've got yourself an army of the things.

It's not actually walking, though is it? It's rollerblading. <_< I'm not impressed. Must suck to have spent all that money and not have hit your objective of a walker.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think, not counting balance of course, that servos might be the problem. If it had some decent servo systems, he might get the unit to walk.

But it's wicked cool anyways, a real mech. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

They get an A for effort but it's not practical/useful. Walks like an elephant with sprained ankles.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It would be more impressive if it didn't look like a cool breeze could knock it over. I'd say the guns were the most impressive bit, I didn't expect them to work.

Edit: If you notice on the same link, there are some impressive Sony dancing robots.

Edited by Hurlshot

Edit:  If you notice on the same link, there are some impressive Sony dancing robots.

Those bring a whole new meaning to doing the robot dance.

I wonder if they put some really, really small people inside a costume there and told them to dance though, it really seems that fluid!

The technology for fluid moving robots is getting there. Unfortunately it's moving slowly, as the practicality of robots isn't too clear. We use robotics on assembly lines and such, but what is the real use of a robot that moves like a human? Other than world domination, of course.

The point of making robots look human is explained by Asimov in Forward The Foundation. :D

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The technology for fluid moving robots is getting there.  Unfortunately it's moving slowly, as the practicality of robots isn't too clear.  We use robotics on assembly lines and such, but what is the real use of a robot that moves like a human?  Other than world domination, of course.

Haven't you ever seen I, Robot?!

And World Domination also.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds