Bioshock interview @TTLG

Morgoth

Why would you want to turn off auto-aim on a console? Only time I ever did that was with Perfect Dark and only with the 1-hit kill option on. Controller aiming is too imprecise, you need the game to make up the last bit for you.

It just feels like cheating to me. I usually see difficult aiming as a part of the game, otherwise i wouldn't even bother playing games like Halo or Gears of War on the Xbox.

Auto Aim can be turned off. So can the quest arrow, though I didn't actually notice that.

Nice intro, nice atmosphere, nice music, nice setting. Gameplay is okay, but it should be better once you get access to more choices in battle. It didn't wow me as much as others gamers would claim it to, but I'm certainly interested. I'll pick it up for the 360, probably when the price drops a bit.

The real main flaw is that subtitles aren't in sync with the voices.

The 'broken' UE3 engine comment, I believe, is a stab at the Silicon Knight lawsuit against Epic, in which they claim Epic provided other devs with a broken engine, hence their inability to make their Too Human game properly or something.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Troika was good at complaining about publishers and engines, and look where it got them.

Back to topic, it looks good when there's almost only positive feedback from the demo. My preorder seems well invested.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Did anyone else feel that the wrench was once again overpowered?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not without the electrobolt (or whatever, I've got to look that up one of these days) seemed like a one-hit kill when they were stunned, but otherwise it wasn't powerful enough that you could take on more than one splicer at a time and not get smacked around.

Not without the electrobolt (or whatever, I've got to look that up one of these days) seemed like a one-hit kill when they were stunned, but otherwise it wasn't powerful enough that you could take on more than one splicer at a time and not get smacked around.

I meant overpowered with the electrobolt. I just feel sorta cheated that I can once again whack my way through start levels, supposedly. I do hope the splicers get some sort of countermeasure for that combo, after Medical(the area after demo) for example.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Supposedly, some stores(like Toys R Us) already have it in stores. Things are a bit woozy though.

kirottu said:

Supposedly, some stores(like Toys R Us) already have it in stores. Things are a bit woozy though.

They definitely have it, everywhere. They have it here. But T'r'U got wise and shut down all sales preemptively. Employees will probably get fired if they sell it.

I hope they didn't sell too many. I'm a bit afraid actually. With a game so hyped, you'd think that spoilers be everywhere soon. I might have to quit Teh Internets soon. Take a hiatus and actually play the game. >_<

kirottu said:

Since I don't plan on getting the game anytime soon unless there's a good deal around, I'll just stay away from discussions of the game.

I'm pretty glad the demo included what I thought was a major spoiler from previous trailers

(seeing part of the plane crash into Rapture)

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

GamesRadar review: 10/10

EuroGamer review: 10/10

I am now ordering the Limited Edition.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Not so fast! Remember, Eurogamer gave Oblivion 10/10 too :grin:

Yeah, i know. But did they ever claim Oblivion to be a form of 'Art'? Or that if you don't like Oblivion, then you should check with your doctor that your heart is still beating?

For me, it doesn't sound like 'It does what it is intended to do perfectly: 10/10'. More like, 'this is epitome of the genre, every other game designer should go back to the drawing-board. We would like to give higher, but 10 is the highest that we got.'

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

So what is this game anyway? A FPS? A CRPG? What?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have only seen pics. Haven't played the Demo yet, but if it plays like a FPS then I don't see much use for it. I have gotten my FPS needs fulfilled with Bloodlines and Stalker.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Did either of those games have awesome looking water, or give you the ability to set your enemies on fire, only to have them run into a stream of water that you shock with electricity FROM YOUR HANDS?

Edited by Krookie