NWN2 delayed until October

But there was already a release for both platforms planned and the game is made to fit consoles already. And even THEN it needed 2 seperate UI's to work.

Just tell me how to do spellcasting like NWN2 has on a console... (pausing and then arrowing the hitzone?); the usage of quick items; an inventory like BG2; and all the other fun things that make PC games fun (and far more complex)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

You also have to consider the requirements of, and the nightmare of working with console companies. A straight-up port of NWN2 to Xbox might very well end up with gameplay so slow that Microsoft would demand it to be simplified. Further complicating things would be the fact that Microsoft would demand the 360 version to be considered the "primary" version after which the PC release would have to adapt. Complex games invovling long hours of playing and strategy is and will always remain PC territory

not to mention the extra time it takes to make a console port.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There are large problems with NWN2 for Mac and Linux since Electron is DirectX based, meaning you would need to either rewrite it completely or use a windows-emulator like Wine or Cedega.

The original NWN was OpenGl, which is a mutli-platform API that works on everything from MacOS to Unix systems

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's a fair cop. But when it comes to being forced to have 8 different consoles + a PC to be able to play the kind of games you like, Ill hold you responsible :thumbsup:"

To me it just feels like you walk into a music store and they go "You want Ulkghar Fjortniborks new album? Oh, but then you need a Sony BMG stereo. And if youre thinking about Gl

If you want to play NWN2, you'll need a 2.4 ghz processor with 512 megs of RAM and a video card that supports shader model 2.0. If you want it to run reasonably well, you should probably have a 3.0+ ghz processor with 1 gig + of RAM and a 7800GT card or better.

If you're below those specs, you're going to have to belly up or skip the game. It winds up being a lot of money. To run NWN2 on my home machine, I had to make about $800 in upgrades. I think PCs have much worse upgrading problems than consoles and, in general, I find using consoles a lot more straightforward. I put in the game, turn on the console and TV, and I can get started.

I play whatever platform has the games I want to play and more often than not it is the PC that has the titles that I want to play. I rather play Fallout 1 than Fallout: POS.

As for Neverwinter Nights 2, those are pretty hefty requirements for a game that still lacks some basic features that should be in current CRPGs.

As for Neverwinter Nights 2, those are pretty hefty requirements for a game that still lacks some basic features that should be in current CRPGs.

Yes, because use of the z-axis is tied directly to system performance.

Lack of flying and climbing certainly didn't hurt Oblivion's sales.

Actually if you tweak the spells in the editor you can most certainly fly. Um... landing on the other hand would be a problem. Also Climbing was there. I remember quite clearing that I had to jump and climb up a mountain side or three to get to certain locations.

Also I didn't say that the z axis is tied to the system requirements, I am merely commenting on the heftiness of it and the lack of features.

"still lacks some basic features that should be in current CRPGs."

Says who? I don't think the 'mass market' really cares if current CRPGs have a fully functioning z-axis or whatever. In fact, my non internet geek friends (if I actually had any, l0llers)'s number one question always is "it it fun?"; not "does it have z-axis?" In fact, I'm sure that's number 1 million on their list of concerns.

As Mr. Sawyer points out, Oblivion is the latest game to disprove your theory. Just as NWN2 when it sells 1 million +copies starting in late October will disprove your theory as well.

And, yeah, updating my computer for NWN2 is gonna cost me big time. I might not be even able to play the game 'til December (though I'll buy it the day it comes out, lol)... :thumbsup:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The point is that you could play the entire game without any form of flying and no free-form climbing. Hopping repeatedly on a slope so you can find the right grade to continue walking forward doesn't count as "climbing" to me. I enjoyed a lot of things about Oblivion, but I can't say that the presence of hopping made a big impact on me.

I thought that the more robust toolset and multiplayer functionality in NWN2 were more important than flying and climbing. Maybe I'm crazy!

To run NWN2 on my home machine, I had to make about $800 in upgrades.  I think PCs have much worse upgrading problems than consoles and, in general, I find using consoles a lot more straightforward.  I put in the game, turn on the console and TV, and I can get started.

But 360+PS3+Wii+HDTV and I still wouldnt be able to do 90% of what I use my PC for.

( wait.. shoudlnt that be 10%? Or am I too tired and confused? )

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

You need a 7800GT to get the game running reasonably well? That seems a bit harsh. I bought a 7600GT just last week, and it even runs Oblivion well with HDR.

Is the game engine already as optimized as it's going to get?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

How many CRPGs are there with a toolset as powerful as the one in NWN2 is supposed to be?

The only one I can think of is Oblivion which is a very different game with very different goals.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Oblivion is a CRPG. Its goal is for yu to make a character and role play in its world and have fun doing it.

Neverwinter Nights 2 is a CRPG. Its goal is for yu to make a character and role play in its world and have fun doing it.

How is these two fundamental aspects different from one another? I am not saying that NWN 2 is going to be a bad game, just nothing to get excited over. Its another DnD game with gameplay that we have all played and seen before just with prettier graphics. Nothing new or exciting.

Still, if you compare the level of realtive idiocy here with that of another forum who-shall-not-be-named then we're the cream of the crop, baby.

How many CRPGs are there with a toolset as powerful as the one in NWN2 is supposed to be?

The differance is that the entire concept of NWN is to supply the players with an easy way for them to(in a way) make their own game. And this far it is the only game to do that. There are lots of games supplied with some form of toolset, but its a world of differance.