NWN2 delayed until October

You also have to consider the requirements of, and the nightmare of working with console companies. . . . Complex games invovling long hours of playing and strategy is and will always remain PC territory

Of course this reference to "PC" must be taken as "Personal Computer"

hehe LOL you should have heard this house when I read this statement out loud.....

what an uproar.... nah, I don't live in a totally Mac Addicted Household

don't get them started whatever you do.....

"Neverwinter Nights 2 is a CRPG. Its goal is for yu to make a character and role play in its world and have fun doing it."

That's one simplified part of its goal. in fact, your description cna fit nearly anything. In fact, it fits Mario pretty much.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I have an AMD Turion64 processor that is supposedly 1.59 GHz. I have 1 GB of RAM and an ATI Mobility Radion x700 video card. I won't be able to run NWN2 will I? :'(

I have an AMD Turion64 processor that is supposedly 1.59 GHz. I have 1 GB of RAM and an ATI Mobility Radion x700 video card. I won't be able to run NWN2 will I? :'(

I think I found someone with worse specs than me. >_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well.. just as a comparison: right now Gothic 3 stutters on a 7900GTX x2 SLI-system. And that's supposed to be released in two months! I'm going to spend $1200 on upgrading my computer when Gothic 3 arrives, but now I'm not even sure if that's enough.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If it stutters with that kind of hardware, something is wrong with the engine. There is no point in designing a game that noone can play with max settings.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If it stutters with that kind of hardware, something is wrong with the engine. There is no point in designing a game that noone can play with max settings.

Actually, there is. I believe Piranha Bytes have a vision of what they're trying to create. On top of that they have the knowledge of what kind of graphics is needed to sell games to the mainstream graphic whores. Combining the two is making a game that will run badly (with maxxed settings) on today's computers but will run better in a few months from now (when ATI and Nvidia release their R600 and G80).

Besthesda are known for doing the exact same thing. When Oblivion was released, it stuttered even on the fastest computers available. Actually, I think it still stutters on whatever you throw at it. They also did this with Morrowind, Daggerfall and Arena. I remember Daggerfall being barely playable when it arrived in 1996 (I think it was).

The Gothic series has always been known for their extremely long viewing distances. Gothic 3 will be no exception and combined with the newest graphical bling-bling this will take a huge toll on any computer. I don't believe there's anything wrong with the engine, although I am sure they will optimize it further before it is released.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well.. just as a comparison: right now Gothic 3 stutters on a 7900GTX x2 SLI-system. And that's supposed to be released in two months! I'm going to spend $1200 on upgrading my computer when Gothic 3 arrives, but now I'm not even sure if that's enough.

I just got a notice saying it's not released until Oct 13.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's actually not all that uncommon to have the max details outstrip current consumer technology.

Really? I guess it's a nice thing to do for the people who've bought your game, so that when we play it again a few years later and the technology has caught up, we get an enhanced experience. :blink: Plus it encourages us to keep playing, which will presumably also encourage us to buy the sequel.

The problem comes if the developers neglect optimisation of the game for low-mid end systems that many, perhaps even most, gamers will initially play the game on.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

And do we get a full copy then or is STILL stuff missing?

Nope. You will have to wait until a modder finishes the game. (w00t)

If you want to play NWN2, you'll need a 2.4 ghz processor with 512 megs of RAM and a video card that supports shader model 2.0.  If you want it to run reasonably well, you should probably have a 3.0+ ghz processor with 1 gig + of RAM and a 7800GT card or better.

If you're below those specs, you're going to have to belly up or skip the game.  It winds up being a lot of money.  To run NWN2 on my home machine, I had to make about $800 in upgrades.  I think PCs have much worse upgrading problems than consoles and, in general, I find using consoles a lot more straightforward.  I put in the game, turn on the console and TV, and I can get started.

In order to play this game, you would have to purchase this computer:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...90&type=product

Price = $3,499.99

No game on Earth is worth that much. I would rather buy a good $800 computer, and use it for my production work. I will be buying a 2.7/2.8 ghtz computer soon, but I refuse to purchase more power than what I really need.

No way man!

This thread restores my faith in humanity.

I hope your faith is not misplaced. If the next-generation of gaming is on a $4,000.00 computer then game companies will not be in business for a very long time.

Edited by DarthMethos

Why does it need such high specs.  Not even Oblivion needs that high of specs and its graphically more intesive than nwn 2 by the looks of it.

If you ever get an answer to your question, please share it with the rest of us. You bring up a very good question.

I am begining to think that 'next-gen' is an excuse to get more money. I can't wait to see the price. SW: Empire at War was $50. Will this price be reflective to other 'next-gen' games? Will NWN2 be that expensive as well? If that is the case, there is no need to purchse 'next-gen' games until three years from now.

I wonder if there has been a disconnect between the consumer (the gamer) and the developers and publishers. This could be how Obsidian does business. I hope the specs are a late April Fools joke.

Edited by DarthMethos

Or I could do a search. Here is the requirementsna d reccomended specifications:

Recommended:

- 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

- 1GB System Ram

- ATI Radeon X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

- Windows XP

- 512MB System RAM

- 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver

- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

- 4.6GB free hard disk space

- DirectX 9.0c (included)

- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)

- Broadband connection for multiplayer online play

- Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Cards:

- ATI Radeon X1900 series

- ATI Radeon X1800 series

- ATI Radeon X1600 series

- ATI Radeon X1300 series

- ATI Radeon X850 series

- ATI Radeon X800 series

- ATI Radeon X700 series

- ATI Radeon X600 series

- ATI Radeon X300 series

- ATI Radeon 9800 series

- ATI Radeon 9600 series

- ATI Radeon 9500 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7900 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7300 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6500 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 series

- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 series

- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 series

- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 series

- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 series

So according to this my computer can run it fiarly well, at least as well as it does Oblivion.