This made me cry...

Deraldin

"Agreed. That's also a pretty lame thing for them to do in my opinion."

If Besthesda had actually done that, I would laugh. it's hilarious! I love it when game companies can diss us 'gamers' considering how often we diss them, and get away it.

So often us Net Geeks can dish it out; but can't take it and while about moronicy like 'the customer is always right' which is blatantly false.

>_<

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So often us Net Geeks can dish it out; but can't take it and while about moronicy like 'the customer is always right' which is blatantly false.

Amen. The customer is more often wrong than right.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sure they can make a good CRPG but can hey make a good Fallout? That is the questionhere. Oblivion was a decent Elder Scrolls game but if they use that format for the new Fallout game, it would be a very poor and terrible Fallout game.

Yeah, but it make sense of them continuing what they are good at, from their point of view, in order to make a good game. Doing something innovative is a risk and not many developement houses and publisher care to do something they aren't use to that way they can minimize "mistakes."

I also hope it ends up being a good game. It seems to me that the Fallout series has always had a pretty good mixture of story and free exploration. It seems like Bioware's recent games have good story aspects and character interaction, but at the expense of freedom and exploration, while Bethesda usually tends to go more in the opposite direction.

Hopefully Bethesda will improve the conversations (and get rid of the stupid persuasion minigame), cut back the level based difficulty scaling and add in region/area, or plot point based difficulty scaling instead, They need to make a game that has the good balance of story and freedom that Fallout had. I wouldn't even mind too much if the combat was like Oblivion (but with guns and dynamite added) as long as ammo is scarce enough that you can't just hose everything down with a machinegun like in some FPS games.

Sneaking up and planting a stick of dynamite near someone in an oblivion-style combat & stealth system might actually be pretty fun, now that I think about it.

-Kasoroth

I hoped, and still hope up to a point, that Bethesda will make a good Fallout 3, but the signs from Oblivion were mixed.

On the one hand, I never felt this was just a game that had been churned out for cheap profits. The designers clearly cared about the came and put a lot of attention to little details that weren't particularly the kind of thing the 'mass' market appreciates.

On the other hand, the promised improvements over Morrowind didn't materialise. Better story and dialogue systems? Not in the version I played. I guess there's no reason to believe Fallout 3 will be any different. It would be nice for a developer like Bethesda to use its massive success with Oblivion to try something new, but probably not good business sense. :shifty:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I like Bethesda. They seem to be earnestly trying to create good RPG's. They also have made business decisions that have helped RPG's in general. Bioware and them are really the only RPG heavyweights left (Obsidian still has work to do.)

But for some reason Morrowind and Oblivion do not compel me to play. Sure, they are exciting for a few hours, and they are entertaining to a certain extent throughout, but something feels lacking. The main storyline does not draw me in. I lose my focus after a bit of play, it becomes almost a chore. Does anyone else get this feeling?

I never got this feeling during the Fallout's, KotOR, or even Jade Empire. Even huge BG2 never made me feel listless.

The biggest trouble is I don't know how to fix this without destroying the open endedness of the games. Does anyone else go through this?

I like Bethesda.  They seem to be earnestly trying to create good RPG's.  They also have made business decisions that have helped RPG's in general.  Bioware and them are really the only RPG heavyweights left (Obsidian still has work to do.)

But for some reason Morrowind and Oblivion do not compel me to play.  Sure, they are exciting for a few hours, and they are entertaining to a certain extent throughout, but something feels lacking.  The main storyline does not draw me in.  I lose my focus after a bit of play, it becomes almost a chore.  Does anyone else get this feeling? 

I never got this feeling during the Fallout's, KotOR, or even Jade Empire.  Even huge BG2 never made me feel listless. 

The biggest trouble is I don't know how to fix this without destroying the open endedness of the games.  Does anyone else go through this?

Get out of my head!

manthing2.jpg