I hate gamestop.

Geez, first the Dallas Morning News, now Gamestop. What's next on the list, Craigboy? Belgian waffles?

Because NOBODY hates Belgian waffles.

McDonalds.

you make this mcdonalds employee cry.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

really from what I can tell it completly depends on who's running the store. I love my local gamestop because they will do everything in their power to get me my game. and the place is run by computer geeks so the PC section is as big as they could possibly make it. so all in all it's good, YOu can also order any game from them and they'll get it in store (not just the NEWEST ones but new games of all kinds)

Which store is this? Have car, will travel.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

When I was younger, I pre-order Ocarina of Time from gamestop, but weeks later I heard about the "Gold" cartridge and called in to change my pre-order to that. I was told that no such thing existed.

So the damn Zelda comes out I bike several miles to go pick it up.

When I arrive, I am told that no "ordinary" grey cartridges came in, only gold ones. So I would have to wait till my ordinary one got in....

Sucktastic :p

Gamestop has always been a console focused company, so I'm not all that shocked by their lack of PC merch.  I am, however, upset to see my local EB's slowly turned into console spewing machines when they used to have lovely tended gardens of PC delights. 

Management does tend to be important in these establishments.  When you have an actual gamer behind the counter, you can expect certain titles to magically appear that would normally stay hidden in the back (such as Silent Storm.)  Lately though, the manager I have bought from for many years has struggled to get even a single copy of the more obscure titles.  He has recommended I order online.  Waiting for a game in the mail is like waking up on Christmas and being given a UPS slip.  It makes me cry INSIDE.

Same way at mine. They completely phased out the used PC games section, manager explained it was a decision at the corporate level while deriding the suits because they 'did a ton of business in used PC games'. It's a shame because most of the reason I'd make the drive out to the game store is because of the used section, I got some good frickin' deals there. Far Cry for thirteen bones a month after it dropped comes to mind.

He also recommended ordering online. :p

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

really from what I can tell it completly depends on who's running the store. I love my local gamestop because they will do everything in their power to get me my game. and the place is run by computer geeks so the PC section is as big as they could possibly make it. so all in all it's good, YOu can also order any game from them and they'll get it in store (not just the NEWEST ones but new games of all kinds)

Which store is this? Have car, will travel.

at 50 and bidwell.. about 3 or four hours from you (I think).

They're all dirty commie sellouts. EB, Gamespot, Gamecrazy...the lot of them.

The other day I dropped by EB with the intention of buying Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zu Macht, and Star Ocean 3: The End of Time. I figured, "Hey, these won't be used PC games with a tattered filthy excuse for a manual (if they even have any at all given the whole 'let's relegate PC games to one 6 inch shelf thing) - these are PS2 titles. Everything will be totally sweet."

Man, was I wrong. So the dude tells me, "I'm sorry - we don't currently have a new copy of that title in stock. Can I interest you in a 'Pre-Owned' copy?" Meh, it sounded okay at the time. The next thing I know he brings out this scratched up disc in a uglier state than Wayne Rooney's ogreish face!

I was like, "WTF?!" but the dude kept reassuring me that it'll run and be fine. But the freakin' h4xx0rz didn't even given me a game box or manual. And you know what? When I took it home - to my dismay - I discovered that the piece of crap crashes on the freakin' introductory cut-scene. I never realized by "USED" they meant recycled refuse from public restroom receptacles. <_<

As for Star Ocean, after waiting another 5-10 minutes, the dumb ass joker of a worker shows up and claims he "couldn't find the the orginal box since some thieving kid probably stole it." The end result: My new game disc and manual was encrusted in a used boogery box. :ermm:

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

They're all dirty commie sellouts.  EB, Gamespot, Gamecrazy...the lot of them.

The other day I dropped by EB with the intention of buying Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zu Macht, and Star Ocean 3: The End of Time.  I figured, "Hey, these won't be used PC games with a tattered filthy excuse for a manual (if they even have any at all given the whole 'let's relegate PC games to one 6 inch shelf thing) - these are PS2 titles.  Everything will be totally sweet."

Man, was I wrong.  So the dude tells me, "I'm sorry - we don't currently have a new copy of that title in stock.  Can I interest you in a 'Pre-Owned' copy?"  Meh, it sounded okay at the time.  The next thing I know he brings out this scratched up disc in a uglier state than Wayne Rooney's ogreish face!

I was like, "WTF?!" but the dude kept reassuring me that it'll run and be fine.  But the freakin' h4xx0rz didn't even given me a game box or manual.  And you know what?  When I took it home - to my dismay - I discovered that the piece of crap crashes on the freakin' introductory cut-scene.  I never realized by "USED" they meant recycled refuse from public restroom receptacles.    <_<

As for Star Ocean, after waiting another 5-10 minutes, the dumb ass joker of a worker shows up and claims he "couldn't find the the orginal box since some thieving kid probably stole it."  The end result:  My new game disc and manual was encrusted in a used boogery box.  :ermm:

See, this is why I really like the EB Games I go to (one at the Galleria, only Calax would be familiar) and why I was distraught when the corporation decided to stop carrying the used PC games. I don't like ordering used games online because of scratched discs. Just gotten burned with scratched and unusable optical media too many times. At the EB Games, they let me open the box, if there's tape on it they cut it for me, even though it's a hassle for them, so's I can get a good look at the discs. Totally sweet and awesome. But now they don't carry the used PC games anymore so I don't go there so often since gas is so expensive and they usually have most the same Gamecube games in stock anyway.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I just bought a Gamecube from Gamestop, used. The guy working there was really nice, and helpful. You jerks are just bent out of shape because you're old fossils. Consoles are the wave of the future.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I just bought a Gamecube from Gamestop, used.  The guy working there was really nice, and helpful.  You jerks are just bent out of shape because you're old fossils.  Consoles are the wave of the future.

hey I said I LIKED gamestop.

I almost never get any packages or manuals. Well, manuals come occasionally, but never the box. My cheap chief editor thinks it's too expensive to ship a box in the mail when the disc (and the manual when it is small) fits well into an ordinary envelope. Oh, and often the disc is blue and silver and the text "for promotion only" (or something similar) is printed all over it, so it's even ugly.

But it's all free so it's all good :))

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm lucky, while I guess the corporate guys made my local EB scale down their wall space for PC games, they went and got a whole new double sided floor rack for all their other PC goodness. So theres just as much, just not as well displayed.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I like my games new. Packaging and everything.

Having a manual is a must have for me. Gives you something to read as the game is being installed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

What annoys me is the marketing concept of a big, mostly-empty box with a tiny DVD-holder and a C5 piece of glossy paper that passes for "contents".

Now if there was a cloth map or a coin ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

^Like HL2's packaging?

I thought I'd find a manual with some form of background info, maybe something done in the style of FO 2 manual, but there was just a reference card inside the case. :thumbsup: Worst packaging ever.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What annoys me is the marketing concept of a big, mostly-empty box with a tiny DVD-holder and a C5 piece of glossy paper that passes for "contents".

Now if there was a cloth map or a coin ...

Plus paper sleeves that you cd/dvd is stored in. That should offer some protection. :thumbsup:

I recall buying Macromedia's Dreamweaver, expensive software at that, and the cd came in a paper sleeve. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Which is why Direct Download is just as good: I have a laser printer and I can choose the highest grade of DVD to burn, AND have it printed with the latest DVD writers ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, and if you buy those gold plated discs from Kodak, they will last 300 years!!

Probably only lasts 150... <_<

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

You're such a negative Nancy.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I like EBX. I'm pretty sure it's just a fancy name for EBgames, but I've never had a problem with them. I've purchased 5 used games from them, all of which have worked perfectly. Not to mention the Gamecube I also bought from them, what is it now, 5 years ago? And that things still running, as we speak as a matter of fact.

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. :)