I hate gamestop.

I hate gamestop. I needed a present for my sister and I decided to get Psychonauts. So I went onto the website to see which stores had them. I decided to just pick up the game on Sunday, I was in no rush. So I checked the their times for Sunday. It said 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (for sunday). So when Sunday comes around I head down to Gamestop (which is a couple of towns over because none of my Gamestops have the game). I get there. They're closed. I look at the sign and it says that they're open 11:00 AM-6:00 PM on Sunday. My sisters birthday is on Monday. So I run off to a series of other stores including Blockbuster (Two), Target and Walmart and none of them had the game. So than I decided to head back to the Gamestop early today and get the game. Well when I get there the copy they had didn't have a case or a manual and the disk was scratched very badly. And I wasn't going to pay $26 for that. So now I don't have the game and I'm going to have to give my sister an IOU for her birthday. That is why I hate Gamestop.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

They are sellouts. Seems like the PC games shelf keeps getting smaller and smaller. Before they had a lot of shelf space, not just new games but old, harder to find ones as well.

Sellouts? I didn't realize they were around for the sake of PC gamers.

I have no problem with Gamestop. All my preowned games have always worked and I've always gotten my preorders on time.

They might as well call themselves Console Land! Before it was 50/50 on what they sold but now it's mostly console and the pc game space was taken over by used games for sale.  :ermm:

What did you expect? Them to cater to a non-existant group of clients? They are there to make money afterall.

Though I admit, I remember seeing more PC games... now it's just a rack with only the newer titles (for some odd reason the one in my local mall still has the huge Vampire Bloodlines box on the shelf o.O).

EDIT : Was Gamestop even "big" before console games?

Edited by Haitoku

Yeah, EB is slimming down as well.  <_<

Well it's because Gamestop now owns EB Games.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

They might as well call themselves Console Land! Before it was 50/50 on what they sold but now it's mostly console and the pc game space was taken over by used games for sale.  :rolleyes:

What did you expect? Them to cater to a non-existant group of clients? They are there to make money afterall.

Though I admit, I remember seeing more PC games... now it's just a rack with only the newer titles (for some odd reason the one in my local mall still has the huge Vampire Bloodlines box on the shelf o.O).

EDIT : Was Gamestop even "big" before console games?

Odd. My Vampire box is one of the newer, smaller ones. THey had been smaller ones for quite some time.

really from what I can tell it completly depends on who's running the store. I love my local gamestop because they will do everything in their power to get me my game. and the place is run by computer geeks so the PC section is as big as they could possibly make it. so all in all it's good, YOu can also order any game from them and they'll get it in store (not just the NEWEST ones but new games of all kinds)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ok, firstly, you must all be confused by your hatred for Gamestop, you see, Craigboy hates Gamestop, because he did not plan ahead. He seems to blame not having a birthday present on Gamestop, when really, it is his own fault. It's not like Gamestop personally promised him a copy of the game when he arrived.

Secondly, saying Gamestop sold out because of not having as many PC games as you would like is just a few of you PC drama queens getting upset.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Ok, firstly, you must all be confused by your hatred for Gamestop, you see, Craigboy hates Gamestop, because he did not plan ahead.  He seems to blame not having a birthday present on Gamestop, when really, it is his own fault.  It's not like Gamestop personally promised him a copy of the game when he arrived.

But not entirely my fault. And you're right they didn't personally promise me a copy.

Geez, first the Dallas Morning News, now Gamestop. What's next on the list, Craigboy? Belgian waffles?

Because NOBODY hates Belgian waffles.

McDonalds.

Edited by Craigboy2

Gamestop has always been a console focused company, so I'm not all that shocked by their lack of PC merch. I am, however, upset to see my local EB's slowly turned into console spewing machines when they used to have lovely tended gardens of PC delights.

Management does tend to be important in these establishments. When you have an actual gamer behind the counter, you can expect certain titles to magically appear that would normally stay hidden in the back (such as Silent Storm.) Lately though, the manager I have bought from for many years has struggled to get even a single copy of the more obscure titles. He has recommended I order online. Waiting for a game in the mail is like waking up on Christmas and being given a UPS slip. It makes me cry INSIDE.

The manual is the only thing that I really miss. It can be an inconvenience if you need to refer to it a lot.

Having said that, for the most part, even the paper manuals have sucked ass in the past few years.

When I was younger, I pre-order Ocarina of Time from gamestop, but weeks later I heard about the "Gold" cartridge and called in to change my pre-order to that. I was told that no such thing existed.

So the damn Zelda comes out I bike several miles to go pick it up.

When I arrive, I am told that no "ordinary" grey cartridges came in, only gold ones. So I would have to wait till my ordinary one got in....