The Useless Information Thread III

Rosbjerg

for far too long have we kept to ourselves in the shadows..

not posted what wierd knowledge and ancient lore we all posses!

but now I call onto you a challenge - of wisdom and wierdness!

POST YOUR USELESS KNOWLEDGE!!! :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

Some female rabbits are known to have sex immediately after giving birth.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My cat's breath smells like catfood.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Something about Chuck Norris

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Andy Van Slyke, former centerfielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates, led the National League with 45 doubles in the 1992 season.

Brett Hull had 86 goals and won the Hart trophy in the 1990-91 NHL season.

So how small is it?

I'm under legal contract not to reveal that information. However I can promote Guinness World Records for no compensation whatsoever. :(

Actually you can't do that either or angry mods will swipe your shameless advertising away.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Kicked half to death, florists, cabbies, nightmares and visions; one of the old soldiers gone forever; Bright gone for a seven; and bollocks so ruptured that the only thing I'll be pulling for months is a chain. After all that you really do have to ask yourself if it was all worth it... course it ****ing was!

Is a quote from my favourite film.

a nail will dissolve in a can of coke in about 4 days.

The first bomb dropped on berlin during WWII hit and killed the only elephant in the berlin zoo.

The whole nine yards refers to the 9 yards of ammunition that was loaded into plains for the battle of brittan.

1 in 5 miles on the interstate system is always strait to facilitate aircraft emergancy landing and troop movements.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The whole nine yards refers to the 9 yards of ammunition that was loaded into plains for the battle of brittan.

Funny, you'd have thought the ammo to be more useful in the planes than the plains, but I'm no war strategist.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

In 1916, an elephant was tried and hung for murder in Erwin, Tennessee.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

A chicken once had its head cut off and survived for over eighteen months, headless.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Andy Van Slyke, former centerfielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates, led the National League with 45 doubles in the 1992 season.

mike shanahan, announcer (KMOX) for the st. louis cardinals baseball, was limited to a 6-pack of budweiser during games after slurring andy van slyke's name on the air (when he was still a cardinal). as a related side, every time mike would say "it's time for a nice cold budweiser" to plug the sponsor (uh, guess who), and you'd hear the nifty sound effect of a beer can popping... it wasn't a sound effect.

at least, that's the way i hears it!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Since the United Nations was founded in 1945, there have been 140 wars.

- Everlast

Whole milk is better for you than skin milk.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I hope you mean skimmed milk. Skin milk sounds like some kind of witches' brew.

Useless info: Sex is more fun than logic.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Whole milk is better for you than skim milk.

How do you figure?

Hmmm...

Billy Joe Armstrong was asked to be the second guitarist in Rancid, but he declined because he wanted to try to make it big with his own band (Green Day).

Mohawk champion of the world Lars Frederiksen was hired as the second choice.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Whole milk is better for you than skim milk.

How do you figure?

More nutrients.

In India, a 9-year-old girl was "married" to a stray dog, which tribal custom requires in order to protect a child whose first tooth appears on the upper gum.

- Everlast