Oblivion Thread

Everything on the other side of the gates is too heavy to carry and sell... so that's actually a good tactic. :)

Hehe, I remember that most of the oblivion gate quests for me was all about figuring out which loot was most profitable vs its own weight.

I was usually crawling out of Oblivion every time.

Although I sorta disagree with the "Done one, Done em all"... there was 2 oblivion gates that were different. :thumbsup:

Don't wanna give out spoilers, though.

Oblivion adons ?

Yes, on nov 21 supposedly you can get an addon that includes all of these oficcial addons plus the new knights of the nine.

Clicky!!!

Charging 0.99 $ for a micro mod seems kinda pathetic, but I guess it adds up.

Um, it's $9.99 ... :ermm:

Pay for mods?  :blink:

Yeah, how dare those people try to claw back some of their time, money and effort they have invested in making a mod! :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

there is one for 0.99 and one for 9.99, pay attention.

The mod in question was $9.99:

Knights of the Nine  (155 MB) DLC8

A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released upon the land. You must heed the call, reclaim the lost relics of the Divine Crusader, and return the Nine to glory. New dungeons, characters, quests, and mysteries await.

Important note: Knights of the Nine requires the v1.1.511 patch to work. Download it from here 

$9.99

Available November

But, yes, there are other mods with smaller values, like $2.99, $1.89 and $0.99. That's the economic model for shareware.

another link

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Since these pay-mods are made by Bethesda, I think they could at least make them more meaty. The horse armor mod and Orrery mods are laughable, if even that. I actually think one guy cried after he installed the Orrery.

Anyway, has there been any community made mods worth downloading since the UI-mods?

I think I had about a half dozen different feather spells that I used to lighten my load near the end.  :)"

HAHA! Yeah, it all comes back to me now... I had all these different feather spells with varying time and weight compensation, too. The lewting was almost a mini-game onto itself. XD

My nord must've looked like Santa Clause when he came popping out of the Oblivion gates.

Oh, and he was a master alchemist as well. All in the name of looting the kingdom. I think I had a minimal telekenesis spell just to get those special lightbulb-like gems in the ruins.

ps. Now that I think back, I vaguely remember enchanting a ring or something with feather and dubbed it my Loot-ring. You can do that, right?

EDIT: Heh, I'm actually starting to feel like installing the game again and make a Master Looter, with a major in Lock-picking, stealth and alteration... and pick EVERYTHING up.

Edited by Noceur

Is there a mod to enchant swords and armor with infinite power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZOMG that would be awesome lolz.

... no serious? I would like to make my swords so they dont run out of power and also fortify my armor even more. any patches out, hmmm? :devil:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Is there a mod to enchant swords and armor with infinite power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZOMG that would be awesome lolz.

... no serious? I would like to make my swords so they dont run out of power and also fortify my armor even more. any patches out, hmmm?  :devil:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm

And while there is no infinite power, you can get pretty decent power by capturing phat souls and using the Azura Star or whatevah (hot tip, get the star. It's a winner).

I think the best thing you can do is NOT overdo the spell on your weapon, plus enchanting REALLY phat weapons. That way you get a sword that dishes out a lot of dmg without the enchantment, plus a little bit of fire dmg against Ice atronaches or similar. I don't remember what my favourite was, but I think the drain hp or something like that was very effective against most opponents.

Unfortunately enchanting got gimped a lot in Oblivion... there are some spells you can't use in enchanting. There are some mods for this, however.

Yeah, how dare those people try to claw back some of their time, money and effort they have invested in making a mod! :rolleyes:

Quite right; however, I'd pass up on any official mod that could just as easilly slipped into the finished product. Even if it's dirt cheap, I wouldn't spend money in official lacklustre content when I could get free and quality fanmade mods instead.

Um, it's $9.99 ... :ermm:

Pay for mods?  :blink:

Yeah, how dare those people try to claw back some of their time, money and effort they have invested in making a mod! :rolleyes:

:-:-

Yeah like us BG modders can ever charge for our mods.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Then either you made a mod for the wrong game (i.e. no market for it), or you made a mod for the wrong market (i.e. the players wouldn't pay for it).

Did you set up a donation account? So that people could donate if they liked your mod, as opposed to a fee to play? That might have been an easier way into the whole payment model for you AND the players.

:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There's nothing wrong with charging for a mod after the game is released, if it's good and adds more value to the product. Unfortunately though, Microsoft has managed to turn things upside down with their Live Marketplace. They are basically forcing every new game that comes on the market to immediately have downloadable content to sell on that Marketplace. Now, do you think they (the developers) are first making the game complete (100%) and then add extra downloadable content as a bonus (100% +10% = 110% work).. OR if the developers make the game (100%), cut out stuff they already made (100% - 10% = 90%) and make it a mod (10%) they can sell for money later (90% +10% = 100% work)? I know which version I believe. Especially after Oblivion.

Or maybe I'm just being cynical. Maybe all developers complete the game two-three months before deadline and they're like, "Hey, now that we have all this spare time, let's make lots and lots of bonus goodies for the marketplace instead!". It could happen.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up with Glathir. I went to his house after he attacked me (and i stole his key from his dead body) and went into his basement where i found his notes. Well Then i turn to the right where the shelves are with the pots and cups. I accidently bump it and a "glathirs Secret Key" Tumbles out. Whats this key too? None of his chests takes a key.

Plot thickens! So any ideas people?e

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I'm buying it.

Quite looking forward to it actually. I didn't buy any of the dl mods cause I knew that they'd be released in some sort of retail bundle eventually or a goty edition. So I get all those plus the new faction. Nifty!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I have no problems if a modmaker decides to sell their mod. It's essentially no different than if the mod had been discountinued, if you aren't interested in paying for it.

As for people concerned about the slippery slope of all mods being for sale, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The big mods like Counterstrike, Red Orchestra, and Day of Defeat all became markettable because they had huge fanbases from their free days. I've yet to see a piss poor PC game mod be for sale. And even if I did, I wouldn't get it, since it'd be piss poor.

As metadigital pointed out, it's following the shareware mechanic that used to be so common in the 90s. I'm all for it and if people can take a high quality mod and sell it, all the power to them. It's no skin off of any of our backs (including BG2 modders) if you want to sell your mod. Depending on the scale, it can become quite an expensive hobby.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing this thread back up...

A few weeks ago I procured my self ALL the downloadable plugins from Bethesda. Mehrune's Razor, the "pirate ship", the stupid saddle pack, etc.

Of course I didn't know about Knights of the Nine PC because I stayed away from possible spoilers so my ventures into the Oblivion forums was only for technical issues.

I'm really wondering why O why did I pay for this stuff?

Out of the extra quests the plugins give me I only found the pirate ship and took what... 10 minutes? If you do it at low level it's way too easy and the the "quest" involves buying furniture and hiring merchants at 1000$ a pop.

And then a few weeks later a package comes out in retail that includes everything plus a supposedly 10 hour quest? WTF? :angry:

A few weeks ago I procured my self ALL the downloadable plugins from Bethesda. Mehrune's Razor, the "pirate ship", the stupid saddle pack, etc.

Of course I didn't know about Knights of the Nine PC because I stayed away from possible spoilers so my ventures into the Oblivion forums was only for technical issues.

Out of the extra quests the plugins give me I only found the pirate ship and took what... 10 minutes? If you do it at low level it's way too easy and the the "quest" involves buying furniture and hiring merchants at 1000$ a pop.

And then a few weeks later a package comes out in retail that includes everything plus a supposedly 10 hour quest? WTF?  :angry:

Knights of the Nine is the best of the faction quest sets, too.

At least so far, haven't finished it yet.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

And then a few weeks later a package comes out in retail that includes everything plus a supposedly 10 hour quest? WTF?  :angry:

Knights of the Nine is the best of the faction quest sets, too.

At least so far, haven't finished it yet.

Can KotN be baught seperately without the add-ons?