Are you all a bunch of drunks or something?

I have never been drunk in my life

Holy ****...

Isn't Hades, like, 30?

I think I've been truly drunk only about five or six times in my life, and rarely drink at all - not never, but very rare. I have nothing against alcohol tho, and socially i've often been surrounded by it - just was never my taste. I liked...other things...in my youth. :D

edit: multiple quotes are a pain in the arse

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have never been drunk in my life

Holy ****...

Isn't Hades, like, 30?

Thats almost as bad as being a virgin. If I had stayed home sober all my life, I doubt I would have one tenth of the friends I have today. If I had been one of those anal people who bitch about how dumb people who drink are etc. then I would have had noone.

That's Hades problem, never getting drunk and meeting new people to become friends with.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I ran into some prostitutes outside my apartment last night. Poor girls were absolutely fethed up on crack. I've never actually seen it in person before. It is utterly tragic that someone can fall like that in this society and get treated as a criminal, not as a sick person.  :thumbsup:

A tragedy when one falls like this.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hey, I have plenty of friends and it is the quality of those friendshipts that I prize, and not quantity. I have a group of 5 very close friends who I can call upon or help if I need it and I help them when they need it. That is how I like it.

Also I am 33.

I don't bitch aout people being drunk. I had more than one friend of mine being drunk around me and I simply helped them to their bedroom or to the couch and let them sleep it off. As long as they don't vomit I am happy.

Thats almost as bad as being a virgin. If I had stayed home sober all my life, I doubt I would have one tenth of the friends I have today. If I had been one of those anal people who bitch about how dumb people who drink are etc. then I would have had noone.

I dunno, wouldn't your inability to make friends without getting drunk reflect more on you than on good old Hades?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

*shrug* I think scandinavian countries have a bit different drinking culture than rest of the europe or usa.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Wjat dfo menas? Dfrenet drking culutre? :shifty:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Fine, you just go on and ignore the humongous social factor of drinking. Also, you're not taking the inhibitions of Swedes into account. A severely uptight people we are..

-Excuse me, Im new around here. My name is..

-What, you just walk up to a complete stranger and strike up a conversation?! What kind of weirdo are you? Please leave me alone.

No wait that requires correction.

-Excuse me, Im new around here. My name is..

-Mhmm. *walks away while thinking: A complete stranger just walked up to me and tried to start a conversation?! What kind of weirdo is this? I hope he leaves me alone.*

-Hey man, wanna go climb the church tower?

-On the outside?

-Yeah!!

-Dude, lets go!

I remember watching this "Introduction to sweden" video for immigrants. The part where it explained what kind of behaviour is acceptable was hillarious but true "You DO NOT take a seat next to a stranger on the bus and start talking, ESPECIALLY if you two are the only ones on the bus" :shifty:

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You DO NOT take a seat next to a stranger on the bus and start talking, ESPECIALLY if you two are the only ones on the bus"[/i] :shifty:

That's exactly like in Finland. :D

Except that I do strike a conversation.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Love is the elixir of life, you know?

kirottu said:

Isn't it like that in all countries? In Denmark, you'll probably pick the spot as far back in the bus as possible. Looking suspeciously around to see if anyone dares to sit nearby.

Oh and yeah I've been plenty o drunk in high school, one of my favorite memories was my first year, at some grand party in this fancy hotel, we all ended up throwing the fine crystal glasses around, not to mention some dudes who ran through a glass wall. I also ended up puking the entire following day. :wub:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

The closest I have ever been to drunk was feeling a small buzz one day while I was on my trip in the Dominican Republic.

I agree with Llyranor that it doesn't say much as a person if you require being drunk in order to make friends.

I do not typically drink (if for no other reason than cheap alcohol tastes like ****, and expensive alcohol is, well, expensive). The funny thing is, is that I am the one voted most likely to go out and act goofy on the dance floor, and out of the 4 people (including myself) that were down there, only one rivaled me in my ability to strike up a conversation with a stranger.

I am not against drinking, nor do I have any beef with someone that drinks near me. I do not have a hard time meeting people and talking with them, and tend to make friends quite easily.

My experience with people who dont drink is that they are either:

1. On some kind of medications preventing them from drinking (penicillin)

2. They have to stay sober because theyre driving home

3. Religious nuts

4. Boring

5. Plain weird

6. Recovering alcoholics

7. Doing drugs that dont mix well with alcohol

So if someone doesnt drink you get suspicious. And the "I dont drink beer because I dont like how it tastes" seem a bit immature

You DO NOT take a seat next to a stranger on the bus and start talking, ESPECIALLY if you two are the only ones on the bus"[/i] :ermm:

That's exactly like in Finland. :D

Except that I do strike a conversation.

There was another one on how you interact with neighbours in an apartment building:

"Just because you live in the same house, it doesnt mean your swedish neighbours will want to spend time with you. If you really want to pay your neighbour a visit, be sure to arrange this well in advance and in an inobtrusive way as possible."

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I know that alcohol is a particularly and peculiarly powerful drug.

The effects of alcohol on the human body take several forms.

Alcohol, specifically ethanol, is a potent psychoactive drug with a range of side effects. The amount and circumstances of consumption play a large part in determining the extent of intoxication; e.g., consuming alcohol after a heavy meal is less likely to produce visible signs of intoxication than consumption on an empty stomach. Hydration also plays a role, especially in determining the extent of hangovers. The concentration of alcohol in blood is usually given by BAC.

Alcohol has a biphasic effect on the body, which is to say that its effects change over time. Initially, alcohol generally produces feelings of relaxation and cheerfulness, but further consumption can lead to blurred vision and coordination problems. Cell membranes are highly permeable to alcohol, so once alcohol is in the bloodstream it can diffuse into nearly every tissue of the body. After excessive drinking, unconsciousness can occur and extreme levels of consumption can lead to alcohol poisoning and death (a concentration in the blood stream of 0.55% will kill half the population). Death can also be caused by asphyxiation when vomit, a frequent result of overconsumption, blocks the trachea and the individual is too inebriated to respond. An appropriate first aid response to an unconscious, drunken person is to place them in the recovery position.

Intoxication frequently leads to a lowering of one's inhibitions, and intoxicated people will do things they would not do while sober, often ignoring social, moral, and legal considerations. The term intoxication is typically used in legal proceedings when some crime has been committed during a state of inebriation.

Effects of Alcohol on the body

Not only does it readily cross the blood-brain barrier, it actually acts as a super-conduit for anything concurrently in the blood: making it more a blood-brain open doorway.

The recreational use of drugs has existed throughout human history.

The most widespread recreationally used drug throughout human history has been alcohol. Beer and wine were produced in India and Persia and in the Mediterranean before recorded history. Popular theory seems to agree that people first consumed and enjoyed the effect of overripe fruit, which would contain some alcohol. Modern research in the wild has shown this to be the case among many modern animals [1] [2].

Nicotine, the psychoactive constituent of tobacco, was first used by Europeans in the sixteenth century, but was used ritually in the Americas centuries prior. Caffeine has a long history of human consumption as well, and may have overtaken alcohol as the most popular recreational drug. Despite relatively recent proscription as an illegal drug in much of the world, cannabis retains its historical popularity. Cannabis, like alcohol, has been used in many cultures throughout history.

Another point of interest is that even young humans (and other animals) instinctively "get out of their head": little children, for example, spin themselves rapidly until they become so dizzy that they fall down; giggling uncontrollably. Whether this is constructive or destructive game-play, is unproven (AFAIK), though I would tend to think that a behaviour so pervasive is constructive

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

sofiero_52.jpg

Noun: beer  bir [N. Amer], biu
Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Elephants like to get drunk as well, true story :huh:

Deer also like to get drunk... always funny to see newsreports of drunk deer sightings in Scandinavia :-

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

My experience with people who dont drink is that they are either:

1. On some kind of medications preventing them from drinking (penicillin)

2. They have to stay sober because theyre driving home

3. Religious nuts

4. Boring

5. Plain weird

6. Recovering alcoholics

7. Doing drugs that dont mix well with alcohol

That's nice.

So if someone doesnt drink you get suspicious. And the "I dont drink beer because I dont like how it tastes" seem a bit immature

Immature? How so? Beer tastes like ****. I'd much rather have a rye and coke or a screwdriver. Or most wines.