NO ATARI NO!

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060502/nytu020.html

Atari has announced a new D&D game; but sadly it's only on the lameo PSP which I have no intention of owning.

It's too bad too as this new game actually sounds rather interetsing. Here's the snippage that actually makes me mad at Atari - so good yet so sad I cna't have it!

"D&D: Tactics offers an original, intriguing DUNGEONS & DRAGONS storyline. Players take on the role of a mortal child caught in a conflict of two competing dragons striving for godhood. Alignment is critical, as it affects the end of the story and allows players to change from good to evil, or the other way around, depending on which quests they choose. Gamers will play through a series of adventures, completing various objectives along the way. D&D: Tactics offers all the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS base character classes including Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard. Five Prestige Classes are available, as are two Psionic classes, the Psion and the Psychic Warrior. Players will be able to customize their characters and store as many as their memory stick can handle"

Turn Base! Psionics! Party! Cool classes! Neateo story! Alignment matters!

WHY ATARI WHY!?! WHY DO YOU TEASE US D&D GEEKS IN SUCH A WAY! MAKE IT FOR PS3, X-BOX 360, AND PC~~~

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The PSP? :- Thats game is going straight down the toilet.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't work that way. I don't buy games to fund othe rgames. I buy games because I like them... but, they ahve to available on something I own or something I'd be actually inetrested in owing... ie. the PSP ain't it. I don'town either a 360 or a PS3 (duh!) yet but I'm diffently likely to down the road.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What next? The N-Gage?

The what???

:-

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

For some reason, these "Tactics" type games are only put on handhelds. Some game industry standard or something. Anyways, I already own a PSP, which totally lacks good TB games, so I'm excited to hear this. I actually hope they do rip off all the other Tactics games, because they seem to be very good and I'm not buying a DS anytime soon.

Atari is just exploring every single avenue except the single player crpg on the pc. NWN2 is the only option. BG for the phone, an RTS, a mmorpg, two console action games and now a psp portable game. Good going Atari!

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Blame TOEE for not doing so well!

DAMN YOU TROIKA!!!

I agree they screwed up. Atari even had a sequel planned but the canned it once toee was released with a million bugs. Boo Hiss Troika!

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060502/nytu020.html

Atari has announced a new D&D game; but sadly it's only on the lameo PSP which I have no intention of owning.

It's too bad too as this new game actually sounds rather interetsing. Here's the snippage that actually makes me mad at Atari - so good yet so sad I cna't have it!

"D&D: Tactics offers an original, intriguing DUNGEONS & DRAGONS storyline. Players take on the role of a mortal child caught in a conflict of two competing dragons striving for godhood. Alignment is critical, as it affects the end of the story and allows players to change from good to evil, or the other way around, depending on which quests they choose. Gamers will play through a series of adventures, completing various objectives along the way. D&D: Tactics offers all the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS base character classes including Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard. Five Prestige Classes are available, as are two Psionic classes, the Psion and the Psychic Warrior. Players will be able to customize their characters and store as many as their memory stick can handle"

Turn Base! Psionics! Party! Cool classes! Neateo story! Alignment matters!

WHY ATARI WHY!?! WHY DO YOU TEASE US D&D GEEKS IN SUCH A WAY! MAKE IT FOR PS3, X-BOX 360, AND PC~~~

Probably will get cancelled.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

What next? The N-Gage?

The what???

:-

Portable Nokia gaming thingy.

Ah that games, phone thingy.

They still exist?

:p

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Was it ever 'alive' to be killed by anything?

It was a humungous flop from day one. Read about it and other historical flops right here: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/it...istmas_Past.php

History says:

Handhelds = BAD.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The Nintendo handhelds do rather well.

The problems I found with the PSP is twofold.

Really short battery life.

Most of the games are really not suited to on the move play.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I often find that I like the idea of handhelds more than I enjoy the reality. However, I loved my GameGear many moons ago, and I did derive a fair amount of enjoyment from my GBA. My PSP hasn't been too well used, but then I haven't been in a very generally "gamey" mood, and there haven't been any releases that spark my interest - bar puzzle games.

A D&D game could be fun to dip into on the PSP. It really is a very nice handheld...

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

I own a Nokia N-Gage :p

The good thing is that it was given to me by Nokia because they desperately wanted us to review their games. The bad thing is that the beast weighs like half a brick, is ugly as hell and is the lowest quality phone ever made (half the buttons fell off after a week, and half the phone is made of grey rubber..).

Oh, and I never reviewed a game for it that got more than 5/10.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!